test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Looking Powersets?

valasquavalasqua Posts: 51 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Power Discussion
As a Paragon City refugee, I've been playing and enjoying my Inferno for a week now and I think I am beginning to get the hang of how CO plays (well, not gear so much--but that's not the point). But although I like how the fire powers play, I think they look a little blah--they're OK, but nothing special. One of the things I really love about CoX is the combat animations, especially some of the newer sets (Staff, for instance).

So that got me to wondering--what is the best looking powerset in CO?
Post edited by valasqua on

Comments

• joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Love CoH, but I know their fire powers weren't exactly special :p

That said, I've come to enjoy Telekinesis Ego Blades with Kinetic Dart EB. And Munitions with Dual Pistols is quite nice :)
  • valasquavalasqua Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    Love CoH, but I know their fire powers weren't exactly special :p

I actually never played fire in CoH, so I don't know. I was trying to do something different from what I've done before.

The problem is that I'm playing a Water Blast character in CoH right now, and so I kept mentally comparing the fire powers in CO with the water blast set, which looks amazing. But I figured there had to be something similarly awesome in CO that I just didn't know about.
  • piro2genpiro2gen Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Co is a bit weak when it comes to animations.

There are some powers that look ok, like (for me):
    - Orbital Cannon with Anvil of Down.
    - Munitions Bots in turret mode. Looks and sound very dps-ish.
    - Two Gun Mojo, Bullet Beatdown.
    - Lightning Arc, Gigabolt.
    - etc
  • tomquantumtomquantum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Celestial attacks look awesome. Unfortunately they are not exactly impressive numerically.

Several Sorcery powers recently got an FX overhaul and look outstanding now.

Power Armor attacks are impressive.

Might and Unarmed Martial Arts have a wide variety of attack animations, many of which are good.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've recently been playing my Earth toon, really for the first time (mothballed him soon after his creation to play other sets). A bunch of the Earth powers look terrific. Cave In looks especially devastating--pull boulders up from the ground, which then hover in a menacing circle around your opponent for a moment until they all fly into your target, shaking the screen as they smash him.

Unfortunately, I think all of the Blast powers look good, especially Sorcery's Eldritch Blast (I say unfortunately because they're all fairly worthless).

Force has some cool looking effects as well-subtle, but they look good together.
  • kobolt1kobolt1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like the elec. powers I have right now (lvl 17) elec. sheath is different looking and my fave elec. power but I like the wall of ice animation too (I have ice also in my free form build).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mr. Universe: From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto, or it might be if I start having a motto. ~ Serenity

@Kobolt
    My DA Page
    The Legion