test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Useless Toys

deathanfwdeathanfw Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestions Box
So I have been reading suggestions all day, idk if this is outthere, but has anyone thoug of abilities for our action figures? Yes their cool, but there's really no use, it would be awesome if they gave a HP boost or DMG, maybe even heal? - Just a suggestion :)
Post edited by deathanfw on

Comments

• cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    deathanfw wrote: »
    it would be awesome if they gave a HP boost or DMG, maybe even heal?

No it wouldn't. Because they are intended to do nothing, and were added into the game accordingly. If they actually offered some sort of in game effect then you'd have to completely rework the whole system.

They were intended to be useless toys, and they should stay that way.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    deathanfw wrote: »
    So I have been reading suggestions all day, idk if this is outthere, but has anyone thoug of abilities for our action figures? Yes their cool, but there's really no use, it would be awesome if they gave a HP boost or DMG, maybe even heal? - Just a suggestion :)

I am completely fine with them being cosmetic only. They're not supposed to have any inherent 'use'. They're just collectible action figures.
    Plus, giving them a use of some kind, like some kind of passive augmentation that you suggest, just means that then everyone has to have one. And then it's another goofy thing taking up screen space.
    And then you have to worry about what action figures do what and to what kind of degree.... No, it's really just asking for trouble.
    I wouldn't mind if they were a bit more animated. Maybe they pose or dance or emote or something, if left idle for a second or two.
    But as far as providing in-game, tangible bonuses? Please, no.
  • cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    But as far as providing in-game, tangible bonuses? Please, no.

The one and only thing I could think of that they could do is collect orbs for you. So if you have one out and something drops a health or damage orb, the toy would run over and get it for you.

Even then it would have to be a rather limited range, like say 10ft from your character and no farther.
  • deathanfwdeathanfw Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    But nobody ever uses them...at least I don't see anyone. Do like the emotes idea too. Awesome orb idea also :D
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's been said that dev's hate, don't like, any additional effect on powers (Power Replacer..). And it's been brought up with AF's before.
    More emotes for AF's would be awesome. Only couple of the actually do something. And Therakiel being the only one who actually has a voice and some oneliners.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd rather they just give the action figures the ability to keep up with the player.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • adocalypseadocalypse Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yea i always found it crazy they do nothing atleast give them their avatars powers.I wounldn't care if they did 1% damage or healing but having a toy follow u around is lame in MY OPINION.As u see my & opinion is caps so means it's what i think not what's right or wrong.:wink:
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    adocalypse wrote: »
    Yea i always found it crazy they do nothing atleast give them their avatars powers.I wounldn't care if they did 1% damage or healing but having a toy follow u around is lame in MY OPINION.As u see my & opinion is caps so means it's what i think not what's right or wrong.:wink:

Totally agreed

They should have idle emotes, or if you stand close to someone else with a figure out, the toys should "pretend" to fight (possible with their skill animations)...They are action figures, we need to play with em.

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hero action figures should fight villain action figures within a certain radius. Get enough together and you have a tiny toy brawl breaking out. Don't need to track damage or HP or defeat/wins or anything for them, I'm not advocating a pet battle system, basically just using the animations for cosmetic purposes to get the toys to do more.

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube