test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Could not transfer character" - AAARRRGGHH!

valandarvalandar Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Gameplay Bugs
The game is now utterly unplayable.

Why?

Because no character i have can even get in the game, even ones I create on the spot. I get the error message "Could not transfer character", and it pops back to the login screen. And this happened starting immediately with the latest patch.

And, no, I COULDN'T log a bug in-game, because I can't GET in game!

HELP!
Post edited by valandar on

Comments

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I to am getting a slow loading screen then Couldn't transfer your Character. :frown:

Cryptic fix your game.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • ncmosesncmoses Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am having the same problem. Current characters show transfer error, newly made characters cannot make it out of the powerhouse.
  • arekususarekusus Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Getting the same bullcrap but by some miracle I can log in on any character that is NOT in Millennium City. (or "Broken piece of crap city")
  • andromeda9899andromeda9899 Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have the same problem also.
    When I try to log in my character, it says can't transfer character and automatically return to log in screen.
    The game is getting more "buggy". I would prefer the management team to get rid of bugs instead of holding events. Fixing problem is more valuable compare to events.
  • eldarshadow1986eldarshadow1986 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i am getting the same error as the others, really now....please fix the bugs, the events can wait til the bugs are worked out
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Getting same error. I was playing before the update and now cannot load the game.

We need a new hero....SUPER PATCHER
  • ebon4soljournerebon4soljourner Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Holy crap.. I'm trying on all of my characters and none seem to be able to connect. I have -never- had this issue before this patch.

Fix your S!#@, PW and Cryptic!
  • phipiaphipia Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I suspect all toons youc an't get into are in Millennium city which both mine are so no champions onlne for me at the moment.
  • cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited September 2012
    None of my character's can log in either, and my friends toon was bugged on more than one mission recently. If they are going to have big bugs like this they need to at least compensate the paying players(I'm f2p, so I wouldn't get anything if they did that, but still).
    edited September 2012
    rtma wrote: »
    I to am getting a slow loading screen then Couldn't transfer your Character. :frown:

Cryptic fix your game.

Same exact thing here. I had -one- character get online for a brief moment before she was kicked.
    edited September 2012
    phipia wrote: »
    I suspect all toons youc an't get into are in Millennium city which both mine are so no champions onlne for me at the moment.

Not true. the one I got on briefly before being kicked from is in Club Caprice.
  • lues3lues3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Having the exact same problem, I created a character, completed the tutorial, and cannot enter the game now.

This is annoying. I was planning on coming here to seek refuge after the shutdown of CoH. This isn't a very good start :mad:
  • malzuriousmalzurious Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm having this problem as well. I'm also getting extremely long load times.
  • groo567groo567 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same exact story as ebon4soljourner. None of my characters can get in, except one that is in Club Caprice. That one was booted off after being online for only a moment though.
    edited September 2012
    groo567 wrote: »
    Same exact story as ebon4soljourner. None of my characters can get in, except one that is in Club Caprice. That one was booted off after being online for only a moment though.

And let me guess... Now any character in Club Caprice can't get online.

The game is literally unusable to me right now.
  • adocalypseadocalypse Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Terrible this is not making u or us the players,look good to the new influx of players from COX so you guys need to step ur game up. Ur gonna loose out on the people that actually what to subcribe.:mad:
  • diarrea76diarrea76 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is... I have no words. I thought things weren't going to be worse after Nighthawk patch but I was obviously wrong. Missions not working all over the game, comic series bugged, bugs here and there... and finally you can't enter the game. All of my characters are in MC so I can't log in.

Please devs, stop releasing contents and start fixing the game. Try just 1 month (4 patches?). If you fix 60% of the bugs maybe we could do all the missions and comic series again. Just 60% and then add whatever you want. No silver player will ever go to gold with the game bugged like that. We won't buy a broken thing.

It seems the server is down again for emergency maintenance. Please leave all as it was, don't touch anything unless you are going to fix it. Thanks in advance.
    edited September 2012
    diarrea76 wrote: »
    It seems the server is down again for emergency maintenance. Please leave all as it was, don't touch anything unless you are going to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Oh thank GOD. Someone finally listened to us.. Now the real question is.. Will they fix the other bugs that are plaguing the game, or are we going to have to continue to suffer through them?....
    edited September 2012
    Oh thank GOD. Someone finally listened to us.. Now the real question is.. Will they fix the other bugs that are plaguing the game, or are we going to have to continue to suffer through them?....

From what I can ascertain from being here for a short period of time, they'll do enough to just get it up and running while we run around like headless chickens in a Bug Pit.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    edited September 2012
    Sounds about right..
    edited September 2012
    How do they manage to keep breaking their own game? it's counter intuitive.

edited September 2012
    rtma wrote: »
    How do they manage to keep breaking their own game? it's counter intuitive.

Who knows? Perhaps they are like Jeremy Clarkson: Fix everything with a hammer.

Perhaps it's the engine? Maybe it's going sentient, and will eventually kill all our avatars for fun.

More serious note: I really hope they fix this. I like CO, though not as much as CoH, but I certainly like it more than DCUO.
  • valandarvalandar Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lues3 wrote: »
    Who knows? Perhaps they are like Jeremy Clarkson: Fix everything with a hammer.

Perhaps it's the engine? Maybe it's going sentient, and will eventually kill all our avatars for fun.

More serious note: I really hope they fix this. I like CO, though not as much as CoH, but I certainly like it more than DCUO.

Actually, I heard a rumor that one of the coders that left about two or three years ago, the one who absolutely adored Travel Power cancellers, never annotated his code - so there's huge chunks that nobody can really figure out what it does. And that may be the problem.
    edited September 2012
    valandar wrote: »
    Actually, I heard a rumor that one of the coders that left about two or three years ago, the one who absolutely adored Travel Power cancellers, never annotated his code - so there's huge chunks that nobody can really figure out what it does. And that may be the problem.

I certainly hope you are wrong.
    edited September 2012
    valandar wrote: »

I sincerely hope that isn't true :|
  • vempyremonvempyremon Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was definitely looking forward to logging in to CO today, but after reading this forum post, I'm not so sure now.
    I will sincerely celebrate the day that servers are taken down temporarily to fix everything. If not everything, then the annoying bugs that make the game less enjoyable. This really makes me just want to ball up in a corner and cry that CoH is coming to an end. I've no where else to play while CO is in horrific-bug mode.