test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My friends character is bugged.

cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
edited September 2012 in Gameplay Bugs
My friend is using a character named Bansidhe, and she has not gotten updates for two quests. One was Resistance, and she didn't get the update when we escaped Conqueror HQ, and in the Nighthawk mission where we needed to arrest Franklin Stone. She was team leader in one, and I was team leader in the other quest. Please help.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• phipiaphipia Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm the friend who is having trouble and yes I did submit a ticket on the NIghhawk quest then added to that the problem with the Resistance quest. and hope to get those quest updated like they should be.
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @phipia, Can you give me the mission Objectives that both of these missions are stuck on? And to verify, the character in question is by the name of Bansidhe?
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited September 2012
    drannic wrote: »
    @phipia, Can you give me the mission Objectives that both of these missions are stuck on? And to verify, the character in question is by the name of Bansidhe?

The mission objectives are apprehend Franklin Stone, and leave Conqueror HQ. The character's name is Bansidhe. We had worked pretty hard yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong, and even did the Nighthawk mission several times to try and get it to finish.
    edited September 2012

Thank you for getting back to us.

My friend has it right. it was the last objective in the night hawk apprehend Franklyn Stone, and for the Resistance mission i'm on leave conqueror's HQ.

I do hope we can get this fixed as Bandsidhe and my friends toon Cerebellum were made at the same time so we could level and adventure together.

All I really want is for someone to update my mission journal to reflect the objectives I've completed so i can finish the missions.
    edited September 2012
    I need to correct something iwent ot help from GM not bug i have just now put in a bug report for both problems getting updates please update me so my friend and I can keep up wiht each other. the trouble ticket number went by to fast for me to tell you the 2 ticket numbers . but they were both put in within the last half hour
    edited September 2012
    None of the in game GM's seem to be willing to help, and we aren't able to progress in the Resistance mission now at all. We exited the Conqueror's building and it still didn't update her mission. We really don't know what to do.
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey!

I have looked into your character's missions, But at the level of Data that I have access to, I was unable to find why your missions are currently stuck. This issue will need to be sent to a developer to look into the mission further.

This is will be time consuming, so the best actions at the moment would be to drop the mission, and pick them back up from the start. The Resistance mission should allow you to complete the mission three additional times after dropping the mission before it goes on cooldown, but the nighthawk mission will be placed on a 20 hour cooldown after being dropped.

Edit: Also I would like to include, if you go through the mission(s) again, please keep an eye out for anything strange when you get back to these objectives, and send me any information you have. This might lead me to finding the cause of why your original mission broke in the first place, when others did not.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
    edited September 2012
    Hey!

I have looked into your character's missions, But at the level of Data that I have access to, I was unable to find why your missions are currently stuck. This issue will need to be sent to a developer to look into the mission further.

This is will be time consuming, so the best actions at the moment would be to drop the mission, and pick them back up from the start. The Resistance mission should allow you to complete the mission three additional times after dropping the mission before it goes on cooldown, but the nighthawk mission will be placed on a 20 hour cooldown after being dropped.

Edit: Also I would like to include, if you go through the mission(s) again, please keep an eye out for anything strange when you get back to these objectives, and send me any information you have. This might lead me to finding the cause of why your original mission broke in the first place, when others did not.

Thanks for the quick response. We will be sure to do just that. We are also checking out phipia's other character to see if it is bugged too, just to see if it is account wide, or limited to Bansidhe.
    edited September 2012
    I can mention one thing now about the Nighthawk mission. the first time we went in the time my friend got his update and I didn't for some reason I took a very long time to zone in and somehow missed the initial fight. I got during the Penthouse movie with Franklyn stone, and night hawk talking just before the dog fight started.

I mentioned this in my communications with the GM. I may have forgotten to when i finaly did the bug report. I hope this information helps.

Also thank you for being willing to take so much time in figuring this out.
    edited September 2012
    OK we just tried to do "Resistance" with Bandshide and I"m still stuck at the same spot again. this time we had me click on the door to take get out my friend got his update I didn't. I am getting all updates for the quest he is when he does the interacting with people and items until that point. but when it comes getting the update for the main objective "Escape from the Conqueror's Building" I don't get it and I cannot pick up mission objectives that come next. because it has not updated "Escape from from the Conqueror's building". I can get through the What's the plan film but cannot get the objectives like my friend can. I do take a long time to zone as I mentioned before and there is noting I can do about that since my computer is not the best for gaming.

I really have been enjoying the game but if I can't finish missions it lessens that enjoyment considerably.
    edited September 2012
    I just remember something that was odd when we played through Resistance. The beacon that looks more like a small space ship, and doesn't look like the four corner beacons, was not only not visible to Bansidhe, but she never even had to turn it on to activate all of them in the room. Hopefully that will help you figure out what the problem might be.

ETA: Just played as my character by the name of Dwarf Star, and she didn't get the "Escape Conqueror building" update either. The only things that the two character's seem to have in common is that they use the flight travel power, and they are both female.
    edited September 2012
    I just posted an in game ticket, this is the number. #1,398,720. I hope you can help soon.