test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

City of Heroes refugee popping in to say hi!

sevdaisevdai Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Introductions
Hi, all!

I am trying out this game with the person who introduced me to City of Heroes as some of his friends are coming over here as well. I have played there with various characters for about a year now. For the most part I prefer the types of characters that buff and heal, keeping the rest of the party healthy. Though I do, on occasion enjoy the chance to kick some **** too. :smile:

I played a bit tonight with what might be just a temporary character, something to help me get the feel of the controls and the game play and noticed a huge problem with the graphics. When I looked at myself in game, I was whole, but everyone else, NPC's included, they were missing pieces, I will try to post a picture to show what I'm trying to describe. Is there anyone who would have an idea how to fix this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/coscreenshot.jpg/
Post edited by sevdai on

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Welcome to Champions :smile:

If you are looking for other City of players, we have a channel just called CoX. Most have been appearing there, and many of us Champions players are doing our best to try and make the stay and arrival in Champions a pleasant one. If you are looking for RP, there is an OCC RP channel called CORP.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thank you for the warm welcome!
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    errandrunnererrandrunner Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm also a refugee and am also just playing the free version (will probably go gold in a couple of months). To answer your support question, I have found The Radiant to be my favorite hero. Your second attack is both a heal and an attack, depending on who you are targeting. Also, later in levels, you get another PBAOE stealth buff (I'm only lvl 18 so I'm sure others can tell you more about them better).
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thank you both agentnx5 and errandrunner for the welcomes! :smile:

I thank you, errandrunner for trying to help with my question, however it wasn't regarding which type of character is best for what I prefer to play, it was regarding a graphics issue that I am having. I will definitely check out The Radiant, though! It sounds pretty cool! :smile:
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It looks like you have, (or the game automatically), lowered the graphics settings by quite a lot. It may be that due to lighting being on low or other options, that things seem to be missing. Try going through the graphics options on "manual" so you can systematically toggle different options on or off, and up in their level, to see what fixes things for you.

And also, welcome to CO!!!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sevdai wrote: »
    Thank you both agentnx5 and errandrunner for the welcomes! :smile:

I thank you, errandrunner for trying to help with my question, however it wasn't regarding which type of character is best for what I prefer to play, it was regarding a graphics issue that I am having. I will definitely check out The Radiant, though! It sounds pretty cool! :smile:

Just call me "x5" or "agent" :biggrin:
    (x5 is what I used to be called all the time, but some people on Ventrilo say "agent" instead; x5 is less to type in combat)

The Radiant Archetype: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/The_Radiant
    Compassion, Seraphim, and Rebuke are your most notable powers, max those out right away. Don't waste points on the energy builder, and I'd highly recommend setting the energy builder type to "Maintain" under the Controls tab in game options/settings. (also look into the binds that allow you to switch targeting between teammates easily)

The Power Set that it mostly comes from (referring to freeforms): http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Celestial

Keep in mind the game started out as 100% freeform, then it went F2P and with that came the archetypes (free and premium).
  • Options
    docclarksavagejrdocclarksavagejr Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Greetings, sevdai!

Another long-time CoX player here. I've been noodling around with CO for about a week now after going Gold on my second day playing. I'm finding about as many differences as comfortable familiarities here, so as long as you don't get hung up on everything you *can't* do, I think you'll have a good time.

I'm going to echo the suggestion upthread to join the "CoX" channel, and will ENCOURAGE you to ask, ask, ask. Everyone in-game has been really helpful, and the folks in the "CoX" channel will, of course, want you to be as comfortable here as you were in Paragon City.

Welcome to Millennium.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So far, I've tried to adjust every graphic setting manually, and by the time I can actually see things properly, I lose control of the mouse. I'm going to do it again, one by one this time to see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for all the welcomes! I'm not quite ready to give up the fight yet! :smile: