test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What did they change in the graphic settings code

jazzneojazzneo Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in PC & Technical Issues
After they update the game to new patch i been lagging non stop in city.

i have 4 core processor and Geforce GTS 450 graphic card and 8gb of ram i should not be lagging at all. I think they put error in the lighting setting. i been playing this game smooth in high setting before this patch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mattgeomattgeo Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bumping this because it interests me to see if any info comes about.
  • remo85remo85 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mattgeo wrote: »
    Bumping this because it interests me to see if any info comes about.

No, no info, this is a technical support help yourself forum, not a place where devs help their players.

Geez don't you know anything. ;)
  • mattgeomattgeo Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    remo85 wrote: »
    No, no info, this is a technical support help yourself forum, not a place where devs help their players.

Geez don't you know anything. ;)

:tongue:Of course I knew that. Its other, wiser players I was hoping might have the info.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It might be the tens of thousands of extra polygons from the giant stage, light show, and fireworks with the hundreds of particle effects and dynamic lighting they dropped in the middle of ren center.

It's about as much of a hit to my framerate as displaying player names in HUD options. (It cuts it in half.)

But seriously, try turning off player names in HUD options at least until the anniversary props are gone, you should gain at least 10-20fps.

Oh, and just for the fun of it, do a /showfps 1, then toggle the whole UI off with alt+f12. And behold the magic of just how many resources the UI consumes.

Snark never dies.
  • r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am getting LOCK UPS frequently now (after double-xp weekend); I have a nVidia GTS250, win7x64 and never had any issues with CO until just recently.

I play in windowed mode, and seem to lock up only when in combat (either in my cool interceptor or as my player. Both instanced/indoors and outdoors, like monster island, etc).

I hope they can revert some of the damaging code, if that is what it is.

-r0y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]