test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unkillable tank. Help please!

steamshinobisteamshinobi Posts: 40 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Power Discussion
Alright before the patches came out i was playing champions a lot but i realized if you stay logged off for 180+ days stuff is different. So i need help making an unkillable tank mine is lvl 40 but he is not good. I dont understand good trees or powers im mainly pet master and stuff
So if you guys can help create the ultimate tank that is hard to kill and can self heal easy that would be amazing thanks for help :D.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~The Hive man
Post edited by steamshinobi on

Comments

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There really isn't any such thing, but for what you're trying to do? Invulnerability, eye of the storm, dragon kick with lashing dragon's tail, parry, masterful dodge, bountiful chi/resurgent reiki, form of the tempest, unbreakable, conviction, the martial arts lunge (not smoke bomb lunge, the other one), evasive maneuvers...

Standard template for a self-bubbling invuldodge tank. Gear up your dex and con, and take enough pre? You're pretty well unstoppable on most content. I have a similar build that pulled the entire 5 man hard power house. My health *didn't move*. Gravitar will still chew on your face, though, because the choice you have is either take defiance and boss kill, or do invuldodge (like above) and faceroll just about every drop of content the game has to offer, but worry a bit about some bosses. Personally, I'm on the invulnerability side of things, because it's more general-purpose. I'm sure a defiance guru can probably explain how to build that better than I could.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Endurance (Primary)
    Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Invincible
    Level 6: Healthy Mind
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves
    Level 12: Shrug It Off
    Level 15: Survival Training
    Level 18: Paramilitary Training
    Level 21: Diplomatic

Powers:
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Devour Essence (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 6: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Supernatural Power
    Level 11: Epidemic (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 17: Compassion
    Level 20: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
    Level 23: Ego Sprites (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 26: Summon Shadows (Rank 2, Devouring Darkness)
    Level 29: Howl
    Level 32: Electric Sheath (Matter ? Energy Union)
    Level 35: Rebirth (Grave Consequences)
    Level 38: Miniaturization Drive

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Endurance: Readiness (3/3)
    Endurance: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Endurance: Quick Recovery (2/2)
    Endurance: Hardened (2/2)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Exhausting Strikes (2/2)
    Protector: Defensive Expertise (1/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: Reactive Strikes (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Endurance Mastery (1/1)
    This is a self-healing tank build. Devour Essence is your main Crippling Challenge attack to gain Threat and heal yourself. Regen offers constant healing but if you can get 3 parts of Armadillo gear from the Q-store that will increase your damage resistance. Supernatural Power is a great energy unlock for Devour Essence and Epidemic. With Pre as a SS and Compassion as your Form, your self-healing should be really nice. I actually have a similar build on a tank.
    Ego Sprites is your aoe with Challenging Strikes to attract crowds. It does damage over time so it's like a "fire and forget" weapon. Summon Shadows has advantage to heal you for some damage they do, another great "fire/forget".
    Epidemic pairs well with Supernatural Power and is good for finishing a room of small enemies.
    Howl applies Fear to enemies and grants 1 stack of Enrage. Miniaturization Drive lowers the amount of damage the opponent does which can be useful for a tank. I just "discovered" MD and have never tried using it as a tank but it could be a good thing.
    Rebirth is your self-rez. Resurgence is the emergency self-heal.
    When I play a build similar to this, I like to stack Ego Sprites, Summon Shadows, and go crazy with Devour Essence. If I start to take too much damage, I block with Force Sheath, Resurgence, Summon Shadows again, apply Miniature Drive, restack Ego Sprites and Devour Essence again. Remember to reapply the Force Sheath every 8 or 9 seconds as this makes some defense and energy return from Force Shield stick around.
    I have tanked Gravitar on that similar build. The Armadillo gear is really helpful.
    Challupa has a good point. Some Dodge would help out too as that reduces damage taken.
  • steamshinobisteamshinobi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I mean like invul based tank il try out the regen one though. Thanks :)
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Paragon's "Touch Myself" build is probably the most survival oriented setup running around right now, and while it can be killed, it's probably the closest thing to "unkillable" right now.

Basic design is utilizing int spec for the eb cd as well as heavy cd redux to allow for nearly permanent masterful dodge on top of invul.
    edited September 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    Paragon's "Touch Myself" build is probably the most survival oriented setup running around right now, and while it can be killed, it's probably the closest thing to "unkillable" right now.

Basic design is utilizing int spec for the eb cd as well as heavy cd redux to allow for nearly permanent masterful dodge on top of invul.

EB?CD? REDUX D: what dat?
    edited September 2012

Any idea were i can find this build btw
    edited September 2012

Do you know were i can find this build?
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It is basically a build that uses the celestial EB on yourself all the time. The spec in the INT tree that reduces cooldowns when you use your EB makes you able to keep up a lot of active defences and stuff.
    It is pretty much unkillable, but I don't think it is a tank.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pugdaddy wrote: »
    *build*

Healtank build needs more cheese :tongue:
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Been searching myself for a while, I can't find it.

To translate the CO shorthand, it uses the energy builder cooldown function from the int tree to bring back masterful dodge faster, and stacks cooldown reduction. I kinda fiddled a bit, and came up with what I think the gist of that idea is. I've never seen the build they're referring to, but this should act pretty similarly. Just stack int a fair amount and pick up cooldown/cost reduction gear. You should pretty much never be at a loss for a defensive clicky. I put in a backup, just in case, for a panic situation.

I run an offensive version of this that's already pretty sturdy, although I stacked end instead for more damage. I also borrowed a lot from my invuldodge build I mentioned earlier, in terms of perks and ways to get your defensives back up faster. All I can say is that this is a very strange love child of 2 of my favorite characters. O_o

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Hero
    Level 6: Coordinated
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 12: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Finesse
    Level 18: Shrug It Off
    Level 21: Diplomatic

Powers:
    Level 1: Wrist Bolter (Automated Assault, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 1: Mini Gun (U-238 Rounds, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 6: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Micro Munitions (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Overdrive
    Level 14: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2)
    Level 17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 20: Bionic Shielding (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Concentration
    Level 26: Energy Shield (Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 29: Unbreakable (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Evasive Maneuvers (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Ricochet Throw (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 38: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics
    Level 35: Jet Boots (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
    Intelligence: Revitalize (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Protector: Defensive Expertise (3/3)
    Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

Did my best to try to match the spirit of that idea. your energy builder is always firing, and therefore always debuffing the enemy and making your powers cool down faster. your powers also generally cool down 21% faster, and if you get under 30% hp, your defensive cooldowns instantly refresh. As for the nuts and bolts, this thing's probably gonna have stupid-high offense/defense, and it's designed to put out stable dps while still drawing lots of threat in an AOE. I dunno if you caught this, but boomerangs apply crippling challenge in an aoe if you charge em. The fact that you can also tap em to pull individual enemies pretty much make that the best pull power in the game, imo.

I also tried to crit stack as much as I could manage, your ranged attacks stack a buff that increases your crit chance. You fire a hell of a lot of em, over a big aoe, guaranteeing pretty reliable criticals. Ego surge will help with that. I also did my best to try to leave you as many options to regain energy as possible. building concentration stacks + accelerated metabolism on wrist bolter + overdrive firing off left and right? Should give you more than enough energy. As well? You debuff. A lot. Resistances to your attacks from mini-gun, and damage they put out from your energy builder. Your primary attack mode is the mini and the micro-muni, so you're always gonna be hammering the enemy with debuffs while you're bringing back your masterful dodge. Also, when you're waiting for masterful to come back? Tap evasive maneuvers, it'll help mitigate some more damage. That's gonna be your baby-dodge builder. If that feels too fiddly, feel free to swap it out for reconstruction circuits. More heals, ftw.

... Now I want to play this. It's one of the more unkillable characters I could possibly imagine.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    EB?CD? REDUX D: what dat?

EB=Energy Builder
    CD=Cool Down
    REDUX= Reduction
    Hope this helps.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There are 3 different levels of 'Unkillable' (Four if you count pvp)

The first level is stacking hp. Now, Don't go overboard on this but also don't cut corners! 7k is what you want to shoot for and 11k hp is where you don't have to worry about anything anymore.

The second level is stacking mitigation. This can be accomplished by any defense passive..but Invulnerability tends to shine in this department but Lightning Reflexes is a great pick-up-and-go at any level passive..Also, you need active defenses..at least 2 for heavy tanking but all you really need is masterful dodge.

The third level is stacking even more mitigation/self-healing! Now, there isn't a good way to do this. Depending on the passive you choose you would want to start looking at the spec tree and your gear choices to help boost your mitigation further. Prime examples of great self-heals are Bountiful Chi Resurgence(with Resurgent Reiki), Conviction, Devour Essence w/ Supernatural Power, Self-less ally with a pet/buddy and any healing power

The fourth level is abusing bugs to your advantage as well as spamming spam-able powers and doing things that people frown upon during the light of day(but the same people would do the same when the witch-hunt is looking the other way)

If pvp is what your looking at..........then keep looking at it...Advice, build suggestions, and even full gear and the exact build of someone else will NEVER help you be unkillable in pvp...(Players are unpredictable...well...They want you dead...but how they kill you is a different matter..)

Being 'Unkillable' in pvp is like a blind, mute, deaf, quadriplegic winning a coin-toss...but at least they aren't retarded...right..?

Anyway the build below is a pvp-type build that I thought up and made in like 5 mins...never pvp'd so I don't know what it is like....but i do know that I can have 120 second holds....

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1:
    Level 6:
    Level 9:
    Level 12:
    Level 15:
    Level 18:
    Level 21:

Powers:
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Imbue (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Manipulator
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
    Level 20: Masterful Dodge
    Level 23: Bolas (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Ego Sleep (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Mighty Leap (Crippling Challenge, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 32: Dragon's Claws (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Smoke Bomb
    Level 38: Smoke Grenade (Escape Artist)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Versatility)
    Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Enlightened (2/3)
    Intelligence: Battle of Wits (3/3)
    Intelligence: Revitalize (1/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (1/2)
    Protector: Unrelenting (1/2)
    Protector: Resolute (1/3)
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Sentry: Twist Fate (2/2)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)

Make sure you abuse exploits...that is what makes you unkillable in pvp!...

I need to wash myself now...I feel so dirty after making this...

Edit: As always, FORGIVE ME GAIA FOR MAKING THE BUILD ABOVE!!
    (Edit2:Oh...and a funny thing is that you get more int with quarry than you do with AoPM)
    edited September 2012
    ayonachan wrote: »
    [...]

(Edit2:Oh...and a funny thing is that you get more int with quarry than you do with AoPM)

No need for forgiveness. There's a reason we don't setup quite that way ;)
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No need for forgiveness. There's a reason we don't setup quite that way ;)

Funny thing is...Radiance doesn't proc twist fate but it can proc exhausting strikes(ON YOURSELF!) as well as has a very likely chance to proc many other beneficial things and many debuffs.....You need a fully charged Bolas to gain a form stack(but just pretty much mis-tap ego sleep and you get a stack...) You can stack bolas and ego sleep on top of each other in order to perma-hold a mob(two 120 second holds.....ew...)

Oh! And automated assault procs twist fate but not exhausting strikes.....and when paired with end as your primary SS...you won't ever need an energy unlock nor any recovery whatsoever..
    edited September 2012
    aiqa wrote: »

lol thanks
    edited September 2012
    Why No Invul Tanks There Are Only Intel Tanks No Real Heal Invul Tanks
    edited September 2012
    aiqa wrote: »

Slap some pepper-jack on me.
  • doll1989doll1989 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why No Invul Tanks There Are Only Intel Tanks No Real Heal Invul Tanks

Are we trolling or is this a real thread?
    edited September 2012
    doll1989 wrote: »
    Are we trolling or is this a real thread?

No its a real thread trying to find an non killable tank build or hard to kill build. Im just like "Omagerdness" Because there are no invulnerability and con tank builds people only use the intelligence and energy builder with reduced cool down. So im looking for old school tanking Invul or Defiance the others are great but i dont know i just want old school
    edited September 2012
    Anyone got any ideas for a good invul tank?
    edited September 2012
    No its a real thread trying to find an non killable tank build or hard to kill build. Im just like "Omagerdness" Because there are no invulnerability and con tank builds people only use the intelligence and energy builder with reduced cool down. So im looking for old school tanking Invul or Defiance the others are great but i dont know i just want old school

What are you talkin about - they're still based on invul/defiance. The only difference is that they have MD on super low cd thanks to cd redux and int spec tree.

The old system had a different dodge system, and a bcr/rr without an internal cd. It doesn't work the same way so people found ways around it.

The int spec tree option (if you bother to go that route) basically just allows for short gaps between md. You don't have to use it, if I made a tank I wouldn't.

Invul or defiance is still the backbone of your typical tank build now.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anyone got any ideas for a good invul tank?

Its safe to say, that you might of worn out all potential good will.
    edited September 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Its safe to say, that you might of worn out all potential good will.

What do you mean?
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What do you mean?

Actually I think there is a misunderstanding here. You were replying to someone asking about whether this is a trolling thread. However you also commented that there is no real tanking using invul or defiance but rather energy builder with reduced cooldowns which provoked Seck's response that they are still invul/defiance but stacked with dodge to give even better tanking. The basic defensive passive is still invul or defiance although invul is currently outshining defiance imho except for the energy return bit.

Seck was giving you advice which you were asking for but you kind of snubbed him which is why sockmunkey said the good will is wearing thin. If you want to know more about the build which Seck mentioned, come find me in-game. I do not mind sharing but I don't post entire builds on forum.
    edited September 2012
    Actually I think there is a misunderstanding here. You were replying to someone asking about whether this is a trolling thread. However you also commented that there is no real tanking using invul or defiance but rather energy builder with reduced cooldowns which provoked Seck's response that they are still invul/defiance but stacked with dodge to give even better tanking. The basic defensive passive is still invul or defiance although invul is currently outshining defiance imho except for the energy return bit.

Seck was giving you advice which you were asking for but you kind of snubbed him which is why sockmunkey said the good will is wearing thin. If you want to know more about the build which Seck mentioned, come find me in-game. I do not mind sharing but I don't post entire builds on forum.

Oh sorry german is my first language :( ok so i understand ish now
    edited September 2012

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1:
    Level 6: Acrobat
    Level 9: Quick Recovery
    Level 12: Impresario
    Level 15: Survival Training
    Level 18: Covert Ops Training
    Level 21: Paramilitary Training

Powers:
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Devour Essence (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 6: Venomous Breath (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Supernatural Power
    Level 14: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2)
    Level 17: Form of the Tempest
    Level 20: Summon Shadows (Rank 2, Devouring Darkness)
    Level 23: Orbital Cannon (Rank 2, Anvil of Dawn)
    Level 26: Rebirth
    Level 29: Defile
    Level 32: Electric Sheath (Matter ? Energy Union)
    Level 35: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 38: Circle of Primal Dominion

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Constitution: Unyielding (1/2)
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (1/2)
    Constitution: Deflection (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Defensive Expertise (1/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (1/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)
    Con, Invun, some Dodge, and decent damage.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There really isn't any such thing, but for what you're trying to do? Invulnerability, eye of the storm, dragon kick with lashing dragon's tail, parry, masterful dodge, bountiful chi/resurgent reiki, form of the tempest, unbreakable, conviction, the martial arts lunge (not smoke bomb lunge, the other one), evasive maneuvers...

Standard template for a self-bubbling invuldodge tank. Gear up your dex and con, and take enough pre? You're pretty well unstoppable on most content. I have a similar build that pulled the entire 5 man hard power house. My health *didn't move*. Gravitar will still chew on your face, though, because the choice you have is either take defiance and boss kill, or do invuldodge (like above) and faceroll just about every drop of content the game has to offer, but worry a bit about some bosses. Personally, I'm on the invulnerability side of things, because it's more general-purpose. I'm sure a defiance guru can probably explain how to build that better than I could.

Yeah just take invulnerability and get dodge/avoid gear... keep healing yourself and you'll be fine. Also, if you have at least 12,000 health points, gravy won't kill you in one hit, unless you stay in that yellow thing.
    edited September 2012

Didn't try to offend anyone, it's just the way you write made me think that you actually trolling. Not language, but the way you use it. For example, it really does looks "trollish" when you post 2 posts 1 after another instead of writing all you want to write in 1 post. Especially if in both posts you have just 1 sentence. Allso, starting every single word in a sentence with a capital letter is more then just "trollish".

No offence, but the way you express your question makes me think that you do trolling.
    edited September 2012
    doll1989 wrote: »
    Didn't try to offend anyone, it's just the way you write made me think that you actually trolling. Not language, but the way you use it. For example, it really does looks "trollish" when you post 2 posts 1 after another instead of writing all you want to write in 1 post. Especially if in both posts you have just 1 sentence. Allso, starting every single word in a sentence with a capital letter is more then just "trollish".

No offence, but the way you express your question makes me think that you do trolling.

Its fine my grammar sucks because German is my first language so i don't expect people to be all he means the best intent. Really no sarcasm. The one post after another is because i am new to forums im not used to them so i don't know how to do things and if the person im trying to speak to will see my response i think if i reply to only there comment they will get a notification or somthing
    edited September 2012
    Its fine my grammar sucks because German is my first language so i don't expect people to be all he means the best intent. Really no sarcasm. The one post after another is because i am new to forums im not used to them so i don't know how to do things and if the person im trying to speak to will see my response i think if i reply to only there comment they will get a notification or somthing

My german isn't good, actually, the only word in german that I remember is shaisse(we had a great german teacher in school). But still, as I remember there are punctuation marks in german and they don't differ to much from english. Also, you don't need to have good grammar to use punctuation and that's what I am talking about. Not grammar, punctuation. You just don't use "," at all. I have no problems to understand what you mean from your words, but because you don't seperate different parts of sentences from each other with "," it makes understanding much harder.

And I'd understand it if you were Chinese or Japanese, as I know they just don't have punctuation marks at all... or I am wrong maybe, not sure.
    edited September 2012
    Well my languages in order of which i learned were German,French,English im not good at french and English, but then again my teachers for both are not every good i have English friends who help me speak it but yeah. So i am sorry and all for my punctiuation please excuse me.
    edited September 2012
    Well my languages in order of which i learned were German,French,English im not good at french and English, but then again my teachers for both are not every good i have English friends who help me speak it but yeah. So i am sorry and all for my punctiuation please excuse me.

You didn't get it, once again. I am not telling you to "go and learn english". Not at all. What I am trying to tell you, is to simply use punctuation in english the same way you would use it in german. Because I don't think punctuation in those 2 languages differs that much from each other.
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Most people won't step up and offer you their prized builds. They aren't what you'll find in this thread so far and probably won't be anything anyone would offer up anyway. But the bottom line is: you want to just tank. That involves keeping your team alive and the aggro on you. As long as you can survive what you're pulling, then you are a successful tank. Not everyone has to solo cosmics to be called a tank.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
    edited September 2012
    ayonachan wrote: »
    There are 3 different levels of 'Unkillable' (Four if you count pvp)

The first level is stacking hp. Now, Don't go overboard on this but also don't cut corners! 7k is what you want to shoot for and 11k hp is where you don't have to worry about anything anymore.

The second level is stacking mitigation. This can be accomplished by any defense passive..but Invulnerability tends to shine in this department but Lightning Reflexes is a great pick-up-and-go at any level passive..Also, you need active defenses..at least 2 for heavy tanking but all you really need is masterful dodge.

The third level is stacking even more mitigation/self-healing! Now, there isn't a good way to do this. Depending on the passive you choose you would want to start looking at the spec tree and your gear choices to help boost your mitigation further. Prime examples of great self-heals are Bountiful Chi Resurgence(with Resurgent Reiki), Conviction, Devour Essence w/ Supernatural Power, Self-less ally with a pet/buddy and any healing power

The fourth level is abusing bugs to your advantage as well as spamming spam-able powers and doing things that people frown upon during the light of day(but the same people would do the same when the witch-hunt is looking the other way)

If pvp is what your looking at..........then keep looking at it...Advice, build suggestions, and even full gear and the exact build of someone else will NEVER help you be unkillable in pvp...(Players are unpredictable...well...They want you dead...but how they kill you is a different matter..)

Being 'Unkillable' in pvp is like a blind, mute, deaf, quadriplegic winning a coin-toss...but at least they aren't retarded...right..?

Anyway the build below is a pvp-type build that I thought up and made in like 5 mins...never pvp'd so I don't know what it is like....but i do know that I can have 120 second holds....

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1:
    Level 6:
    Level 9:
    Level 12:
    Level 15:
    Level 18:
    Level 21:

Powers:
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Imbue (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Manipulator
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
    Level 20: Masterful Dodge
    Level 23: Bolas (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Ego Sleep (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Mighty Leap (Crippling Challenge, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 32: Dragon's Claws (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Smoke Bomb
    Level 38: Smoke Grenade (Escape Artist)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Versatility)
    Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Enlightened (2/3)
    Intelligence: Battle of Wits (3/3)
    Intelligence: Revitalize (1/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (1/2)
    Protector: Unrelenting (1/2)
    Protector: Resolute (1/3)
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Sentry: Twist Fate (2/2)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)

Make sure you abuse exploits...that is what makes you unkillable in pvp!...

Know what thanks this build really helped :)