test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PWE Support Service Complaint - and additional bugs

griphivorygriphivory Posts: 2 Arc User
First of all, the issue revolves around a bug and/or tehcnical issues wiht the game. But the real content of this post is supposed to be the joke that the tech support from PWE pulled on me in my Ticket.

If this is the wrong area to post htis threat to, please tell me where to move it.

I will try to attach the contents of the e-mail as readable as possible (don't worry, it's a fun read!).

I'd like to have your thoughts on this, the tech support as well as the problem at hand.
So far I have not found any solutions (and I have looked a lot before even filing this ticket). Also, yes I know: Buy an NVidia. Such comments are unnecessary, but thank's in advance if anyone thinks of that ;)

Also, white it might seem harsh to some, I do wonder how to file a complaint about the Tech Support? i have not found anyhting on that yet.

Sincerely,
Griph

Edit#1:
I probably should add that I bought lifetime around 3 months ago. I know, might not have been the best time, but it seemed (and, safe for the technical problem tha thas come up, still seems) like a good choice. Doesn't change the matter at hand though.

Edit#2:
For those who only want to know the issue: The first post/quote sums it up. For additional details, see the files attached.

Additional Details
Email Address e-mail blocked out for obvious reasons
Reference Number 120902-000229
Status Updated
Created 09/02/2012 08:20 AM
Updated 09/08/2012 03:54 AM
Product
*Champions Online

Category
*Tech Support
*Audio/Graphics/Drivers

File Attachment
*Text document DxDiag.txt (44.59 KB)
*HTML document hijackthis.log (12.38 KB)
*HTML document screenshot_2012-09-03-18-54-27.jpg (597.58 KB)
*HTML document screenshot_2012-09-03-19-14-00.jpg (590.32 KB)

Operating System Windows Vista 64bit
Date/Time of Problem 31.8.2012
Transaction ID N/A
Customer via CSS Web 09/02/2012 08:20 AM
Using any other ATI Catalyst Suite Version than 12.1 causes the game to expirience massice FPS drops (down to 1-frame per second) every 5-20 seconds for about 10-60 seconds.
When using Catalyst Suite 12.1 the game had multiple missing textures and did not display blurry textures sometimes (even though the graphics are maxed out).

This had occured ever since the Harmon Lab release.

Now since the Nighthawk release (31.8.2012), the game does not launch AT ALL (gets stuck in the first, black, loading screen) with Catalyst Suite v. 12.1
Using any other version will fix any graphic or crash issues, but again causes CPU-Spikes that cause the FPS to drop to 1 frame per second, as described above.

- This is NOT influenced by the graphics-settings (it happens even on the lowest settings).
- The Troubleshooting options do not change or effect this.
- No other game OR any application shows similar or related problems.
- There are no error messages, the game just freezes or causes massive CPU spikes.

Is there any way to fix this or will I have to wait until the next update?
I cannot imagine I am the only one who expiriences this problem.
Response Kortana Turing via Email 09/02/2012 04:22 PM
Greetings Player,

Try disabling any DirectX 11 features.

If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and PLEASE include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the "dxdiag.txt" text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/ Download and save it, then install it. Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your reply.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your reply.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.

(You can also copy and paste your hijackthis log into here on your own and you can review your hijackthis log: http://www.hijackthis.de/en)

Pragmatically Yours,

Your Perfect World Tech Support Team
https://support.perfectworld.com/
Customer via CSS Web 09/03/2012 07:44 AM
Thank you for the fast reply.
Direct x11 Features are disabled.

The requested files are attached.
Whil the DxDiag shows pretty much everything about my PC already; I have 3 monitors, one of them being a TV, the other two identical monitors.

I alsotested some different Driver Versions with different games yesterday and experienced similar FPS-Drops with Team Fortress 2.
I have updated my drivers to the up-to-date version now (again) and the fps-Drops seem to be reduced only to Champions Online again.

Thanks in advance!
Customer via CSS Web 09/03/2012 10:26 AM
I attached some screenshots of the missing textures
Response Kortana Turing via Email 09/06/2012 05:56 PM
Hi Player,

While they are a minor visual inconvenience, you can still play ok. It is not game breaking, so do the best that you can with it ;)

The textures aren't missing from the game, but they are not rendering properly with your hardware.

Take some time and it will take some patience, and see what video effects might be contributing to this.

Try with the driver suggestions from earlier.
Customer via CSS Web 09/08/2012 03:54 AM
Hello again. I have to say; Seriously?

Did you even read what I write? I am sorry for the sudden outburst of emotions, but at least have the common decendy to give some effort into your 'we cannot help you' reply.

I clearly stated that the Textures are not rendering when the game is actually working.
90% of the time it does either not start up, or has serious performance problems - REGARDLESS of ANY settings changed in the game.
So much for 'what video effects might be contributing to this' - as stated; none. It does not matter what happens on the screen or what the settings are at all. It happens randomly.

Driver Suggestions? - You named NONE! I wrote I tested all my drivers, and since the new update none of them works.

I am actually wondering weither this reply was sen't to the correct customer, because it just passes by everything I wrote.
Post edited by griphivory on

Comments

• griphivorygriphivory Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bumping in the hopes of someone having heard of the problem described.
    Being lifetime and only presented with the option of changing my hardware is not exactly what I had in mind.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I alsotested some different Driver Versions with different games yesterday and experienced similar FPS-Drops with Team Fortress 2.

So you think that Cryptic Support can help you with Team Fortress Problems ?

I think that proves that the problem is not CO but something with your PC where the Support
    from Cryptic can't help you more than the Support from ATI, Microsoft or Team Fortress.

Have you btw. contacted also ATI, Microsoft and Team Fortress Support with your Problem,
    and were they more helpful ?
    R607qMf.jpg
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This issue is caused by a lack of intelligence at ATI. STO, Dragon age II and various other games have the issue as well - textures are missing or stretched/skewed.

Nothing you can do except look for a driver that works or go with a different card.

EDIT: And there are many other people that have seen this, just look at all the threads below this one.
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Having a faceless ticket tell you to use "old drivers"?
    Yeah, i dont' think so :rolleyes:

I'm using current HD drivers (12.8) on a 5850 and i'm doing fine :cool:
    Tell that guy in the ticket to go back to school :tongue:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • nightsabbotnightsabbot Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kortana Turing definately needs to get walking papers I got the same exact BS not to mention they changed my email address from my login account ..I know for certain it wasn't a hacker or "did you give your pass away" none of that crap they sent me an email right after that dunce staff 36 replied ..that name will end up in court.."we'll see how funny it is "
  • nightsabbotnightsabbot Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kortana Turing neeeds to be fired enough said