test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double Questionite Days

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
Our anniversary extravaganza continues tomorrow with two days of Double Questionite!

This bonus Questionite will begin at 10 AM PDT tomorrow, Tuesday September 11, and will continue through the end of Wednesday (11:59 PM PDT, Wednesday September 12). Good luck, heroes, the riches of the Q-Store await!

(Read the blog post)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Could the 'Weekend Nemesis Alert Extragavanza' be turned on also....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    [Prepares for exchange prices to skyrocket.]

Sweet, looks like I'm going for the Questionite costume pieces this 'weekend'. :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well,seeing as the exchange probably is doing to skyrocket out of this world
    Time to start farming,oh and quick question:

does this apply to Q boxes????
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Could the 'Weekend Nemesis Alert Extragavanza' be turned on also....

This must've been before I got heavily involved in CO. Do you have a link about this?
  • Options
    crashdragoncrashdragon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Be nice if they X2 the refining from 8,000 to 16,00 to make this thing make sense.....

Not that I'll convert it or spend my monthly Zen.

Going to need a Zen bin like Scrooge McDuck's money bin. Mainly when I see PWE playing the role of The Beagle Boys. :biggrin:

( see trailturtle as Baggy Beagle, due to always messing something up. )
    I like to hang around laundromats and steal hero's tights for ransom. =3
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    This must've been before I got heavily involved in CO. Do you have a link about this?

I think what Finn was going for is that Nemi's are usually easy XP, along with them dropping Q boxes.

If it is double Questionite, and we get boxes out the hoopla...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited September 2012

It's just Nemesis Alerts running whole day without going away. Just made it sound abit more awesome... Nothing special. :biggrin:
  • Options
    tkane707thtkane707th Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    does this apply to Q boxes????

THIS. I need to know if I should start saving up Grindonite Boxes on my Grindonite mule...
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tkane707th wrote: »
    THIS. I need to know if I should start saving up Grindonite Boxes on my Grindonite mule...
    When i tried to save boxes inside an AP and open them during a "double/bonus" Q calender event it didn't work :redface:
    So i'd say the value would be doubled when it drops, not opened :biggrin:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    It's just Nemesis Alerts running whole day without going away. Just made it sound abit more awesome... Nothing special. :biggrin:

I... actually could see this being a pretty cool event. Sharing your Nemesis with a bunch of other players, plus grinding to get your Nemesis gear. That could work really well...
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Alas, alerts with your Nemesis do not offer any tokens, so getting the gear takes missions instead.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Maybe switch the Q-Boxes to Nemesis Tokens???

*runs away laughing madly*
  • Options
    edited September 2012

THAT'S A GREAT IDeeeeaaaawaitno.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Actually. is there something wrong with more nem tokens?

'Course we'd need more stuff to buy on the Nem vendor

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Like the missing costume unlocks! :wink:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Since we're talking about Nemesis Alerts - could you guys perhaps look into *not* spawning a generic Nemesis as long as at least 1 person on the team has one made? Otherwise, how about rotating in individual members of Red Winter or the Brain Trust instead?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    thetruthurtsthetruthurts Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Actually. is there something wrong with more nem tokens?

'Course we'd need more stuff to buy on the Nem vendor

I think *replacing* it is a bad idea. But if they could give you a choice between one or the other, or simply just give you both as a bonus, that would be a truly great idea. After all, this is a special event, so there is nothing wrong with getting extra rewards.
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Done 2 alerts now, grab and burst and neither did give double questionite reward.... :confused:
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]
    A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    spookpwa wrote: »
    Done 2 alerts now, grab and burst and neither did give double questionite reward.... :confused:
    It starts at 10am PDT - which is also Server Time.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    spookpwa wrote: »

thats because it hasnt started yet. stated 10 am pdt.

as im typing this it is almost 11 am central time where i am at. i THINK that means i still have an hour to wait here.. not sure of exact conversion. but theres some time to go still.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The double questionite event doesnt start for another 1 hour 15 mins, and when it does it just doubles rewards you normally get, doesnt give it for anything, though 1 hour after it starts for 1 hour is the questionite bonus that drops it from every mob defeated, which under this event will be doubled.

edit : lol 3 of us answered almost the same time, eagerly awaiting the start as well? =p
  • Options
    meinteammeinteam Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That's funny, because it said 4k when I went to Defender to get my "Who Is Nighthawk" finishing Q just now and only gave me 2k. Oh, CO, I loves ya, but even when your events work, they don't work.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Well, it's not 10am yet......
    Maybe thats the reason.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd join you, but I am currently shackled in the secret lair of the evil Dr Crashonium.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Well, it's not 10am yet......
    Maybe thats the reason.

Not the point. It said 4k, I got 2k. That's a bug no matter how you slice it.

And as I write this at 10:10 PDT, just finished Serpent Lantern exactly two minutes ago. Again, it said I was getting 4000 Q. I got 2k.

/file ticket

(And if anyone says "awww QQ", no. The lack of QQ is what I'm complaining about.)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    need to start the mission etc after the event starts to get the double reward, and its late not started yet (10.27am now)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Well that's...cheap yet reasonable of them. Probably intended to counter such cheapness as my leaving a character having completed Serpent Lantern right before I went to bed last night and waiting for the double questionite to start so I could double her intake. Hang on...

Nope, that doesn't work. Sites says 10 am PDT. It is well past 10 am PDT. Just finished Who Is Nighthawk from a playthrough started after my last post and got 2k again.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    They are late, big surprise. Remember Blood moon? That went an extra half a day before it was ended.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    There's a difference. Going a half-day longer on an event wouldn't have me out 4k Q in the past hour.

And it's not that it hasn't started. Some people in in-game chat are claiming they've got it, and for missions started before 10 am PDT. So either some players or some characters aren't getting it.

EDIT: Either that or my math's completely off...
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    meinteam wrote: »
    Still a difference. Going a half-day longer on an event doesn't have me out 4k Q in the past hour.

And it's not that it hasn't started. Some people in in-game chat are claiming they've got it. So either some players or some characters aren't getting it.

MAybe you should stop being self-entitled for a moment and... actually you know what, i don't even care.

ARMORED KILL CAME OUT TODAY!!! SCREW THIS GAME! I HAVE AC-130s TO KILL PEOPLE WITH!

*Runs giddily to battlelog.*

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    There was an issue that held us back by about an hour; I apologize for not giving you guys a heads-up, but I wasn't made aware of it until it was resolved. Double Questionite should now be active.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So will there be any extra Q for the people who did turn-ins within the correct but nonfunctioning timeframe?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    meinteam wrote: »
    So will there be any extra Q for the people who did turn-ins within the correct but nonfunctioning timeframe?

Highly doubt it.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I got on at 11 to go through the Questionite gathering (on the calendar), and I only got 5Q per mob. I thought, well, maybe it doesn't affect that, so I went and fought Gravitar. I still only got 1500Q there.

Apparently still bugged. I'll check again later this afternoon.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
    Join in the Doctor Who fan film, Doctor Who 2.0 Origins!
    My ideas: Arch-Nemesis
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Alert dailies give 4000Q.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Whats the point in alerts giving bonus Q when you never have burst alerts up! been waiting almost 2 hours now!

When they do show up they are gone again 10 minutes later unlike the others

You should have 1 slot for each type of alert so all 3 types are always available (but whats wrong with alerts is a whole long post in itself)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I guess the intention was to people do other stuff also than Alerts.

*runs away screamin*
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I have done other stuff, but they doubled alert q as well, then made it impossible (almost) to do them!

They should extend it a day so that it rotates to smash alerts, which people can actually do without waiting ALL DAY!

Edit : another 30 mins and one finally shows up and its pyramid power, the long boring one unlike radiation rumble, so it lasts just long enough to do 2 runs, do i now have to wait another 2 hours again?

When is something going to be done about this imbalance in alert types?

Another update : for the next 90 minutes until i logged no other burst came up, so thats 1 burst lasting about 10 minutes in a span of almost 4 hours, when the daily is to do 3 of them!
    Totally ridiculous!

Not to even consider the fact theres a chance it can be ao'quepoth, which is impossible for most if not all PUGs ESPECIALLY in a burst/smash
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anybody else notice the 1500Q boxes do not give double Q? :frown:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anybody else notice the 1500Q boxes do not give double Q? :frown:

Yes, I was about to post about that. Not very fair, if intended. :frown:
    I have near 200 boxes to open and I feel a "little" frustrated, about that.
    Commercial gesture, please? You own me questionite!!
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wish when you guys do '2 day events' in the middle of the week you'd actually make it 48 hours????

Because it ends up 1 day for me, as I often get home around the time this event is ending.

This way it basically prioritizes people on certain schedules like, what a surprise, a typical American work schedule.

Here's to hoping I get home earlier or the event ends later than they say (the latter is quite possible of course).
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mijjestic wrote: »
    Wish when you guys do '2 day events' in the middle of the week you'd actually make it 48 hours????

Because it ends up 1 day for me, as I often get home around the time this event is ending.

This way it basically prioritizes people on certain schedules like, what a surprise, a typical American work schedule.

Here's to hoping I get home earlier or the event ends later than they say (the latter is quite possible of course).

That would certainly be nice, wouldn't it? Also, it would be nice if the things that are supposed to grant you double questionite weren't so bugged as to be impossible to complete... (I'm lookin' at YOU, Whiteout...)
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sanmerci wrote: »
    That would certainly be nice, wouldn't it? Also, it would be nice if the things that are supposed to grant you double questionite weren't so bugged as to be impossible to complete... (I'm lookin' at YOU, Whiteout...)

Yeah Whiteout would be nice to do every once in a while. I don't think it's efficient as Nemcon but variety is the spice of life!

I was doing built up Alert Dailes on Alts (much of them non-On Alert updated...which yes was making me Feel Like a Crim-i-nuh-ul) while feathering in the Nighthawk Daily stuff in-between, again with alts. Along with, of course, Nemcon.
  • Options
    tkane707thtkane707th Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I really wish this was done over the weekend rather then during the week. Between college and my job, I only have an hour of free time per day during the week. Which is shared equally between CO, SR2, and anime.

Guess I'll have to wait even longer for the Cyberpunk costume pieces.