test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few key suppport powers?

mashuganamashugana Posts: 87 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Power Discussion
I am new to tinkering with builds and am having fun doing so. A thought I had was to use just 3 powers to have an alternate Support role on my primarily ranged damage character. I thought I could take a strong slotted Support based passive (in addition to my offensive passive), a heal, and then one more utility power. If a team has lots of Damage I could pop into this role and with just those three powers contribute to the team.

Is this doable? Since I do not have Presence Super Statted will heals even be effective?

What are a few key support/hold/heal powers that might be fun?

tyvm :)
Post edited by mashugana on

Comments

• hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Holds are nearly useless in a PvE setting, especially in teams where chances are someone's AoE will break it. There are some heals that don't scale with PRE such as Drones. As for support passives, the thing is most of them need PRE to actually be worth using for their team buff.
  • mashuganamashugana Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thank you! What about a debuffer/buffer? Is that of value? Or should I just be a DPS machine?

I do have a 50 Sorc with PRE Superstatted, so maybe that is my team/support character and my other is pure dps.
  • hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There's a bit too many debuffs to list. So I'll just type whatever

-Most damage resistance debuffs only affect certain damage types. There are some that affect all such as Chest Beam and Mini Gun for Power Armor and they're indeed very powerful debuffs. Generally however, you'll probably only take them if they support your own damage type.

-Snares are nice but mobs that can be affected by them usually die so fast it doesn't even matter. Same goes for most CC effects. Like in most games, any mobs that you actually want CC to work on are immune to them.

-Healing debuffs, there are so few enemies that heal that it will be a waste to go out of your way for them. Have to love Ebon Ruin for PvP though.

-Damage debuffs, the most common ones are the advantages Crippling Challenge and Challenging Strikes. If you're not a tank, please don't touch these two. There's other powers that lower a target's damage. Pretty nice if you don't have to go out of your way to get them.

-What's probably the bread and butter skill of Mystic power sets is Skarn's Bane. It's a cone damage dealing maintain that ticks every half second and it removes one buff from the target/s each time it does.

-For trying to support the team a bit as a DPS, try looking at Drones and Bionic Shielding. Drones may be a DPS loss due to the energy penalty but they're very nice fire and forget heals.
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Might want to consider a rez that is to say a resurrection power.
    There are 3
    Redemption (celestial) and Divine Renewal (radiant sorcery) are identical AFAICT they will bring em back at 33/66/100 percent depending on rank. They have an advantage enabling you to rez up to 4 at once (not that good coz if it's that bad you're probably under fire which precludes rezzing) however it also increases the range of rez to 50 ft which is very cool.
    Resurrection Serum (gadget) brings em back at 50/75/100 percent depending on rank but it has a cooldown and only 15 ft range however it does heal em more than the equivalent rank of Redemption or Divine Renewal.
    The reanimator advantage enables you to rez enemy dead as zombie sort of things up to 3 on the go at once and they last for 1 minute however the health of the pet is based on Pre.

If I figure to be an emergency rez with my DPSer I tend to go for Rez serum coz I don't figure to do loadsa rezzing and I can usually only afford rank 1 anyway. 50%> than 33%.

If on the other hand I was looking at serious support I might take one of the others and invest in level 2 + adv. I tell you nothing uses up your adv points like trying to do a good healer.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."