thetruthurtsthetruthurts Posts: 22 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
How often do you fight your Nemesis?
Post edited by thetruthurts on

Comments

• Options
    kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Like, me personally? I dunno man, dude's always rooting through my garbage and trying to break into my apartment. It's on a daily basis, but I'd say more 'argue with' than 'fight', really...

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • Options
    polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can do Nemesis missions daily, the easiest way to get them is to pick up the orbs of defeated enemies, this should make you Nem's henchmen attack you and drop a clue. As far as your Nemesis randomly attacking you, there are only a few missions where it happens. In the Comic Series Whiteout, he/she will show up. And there's a mission on Monster Island where your Nemesis and his henchmen attack you. It's in one of the northern chain missions.
    Some of the Nem stuff is currently bugged, so be wary of not being able to complete missions.
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Are you asking personally or on a technical level? I'll go with technical for now.

Once your nemesis is created you can get a nemesis mission drop every 6 hours (realtime). Several of these missions will involve the nemesis minions and after a few of those missions are done a larger mission is given to actually deal with your nemesis. After you've done this a few times the concluding mission places your nemesis in jail where you can either make a new nemesis or do the mission where your nemesis breaks out of jail and begins their quest against you anew.

You can also fight your nemesis by doing nemesis alerts and by doing the Nemesis Confrontation mission which is only available at level but has no hourly restrictions IIRC.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In normal terms, you can get missions every 6 hours.

In personal terms; rarely since I got the full set of Heirloom gear. Will be doing a few more now to get the soon to be presented -non- glowy eye version when it is released.

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Before on Alert i was a time nearly only doing Nemesis Missions since i hoped for better
    Nemesis gear with the old prices. So when on Alert came out i had over 55.000 Nem Tokens
    and i bought 9-10 sets of Heirloom gear and still have masses of them and nothing
    worth buying it.
    So after on Alert i seldom did any more Nemesis Missions and only Nemesis Alerts.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    He also shows up in a few other places around.
    Andrith Ruins on M.I., I believe and as a minion of Cyberlord in Whiteout.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A more general Nemesis question: in cases where they appear during a mission that's not specifically a Nemesis mission, is it just the team leader's Nemesis or is it random?

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Always...the battle never ceases...NEVER I TELL YOU!
  • Options
    crashdragoncrashdragon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My nemesis? Oh, you must mean PWE. Every time I log on..........

My ingame one's always try to get my attention, but........meh, too busy avoiding my group leader, watching me for things that I shouldn't be doing, but do anyway.
    I like to hang around laundromats and steal hero's tights for ransom. =3
  • Options
    stardiverstardiver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can have a Nemesis? Are we talking the Prussian Prince of Automatons or, like... An actual in-game mechanic of some sort?
    |

Of all the things I've lost,
    It think I miss my mind the most.
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Since I've created my new toon's Nemesis at level 30 (when the endless HP bug solved), I didn't get any Nemesis minion ambush so far. Neither in Monster Island nor in Lemuria.

I remember minion ambushes were more frequent in old days. Maybe just my luck. He wasn't the Nemesis I wanted to create anyway. When every bug about Nemesis system fixed then I can really continue enjoy this game.
  • Options
    mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stardiver wrote: »
    I can have a Nemesis? Are we talking the Prussian Prince of Automatons or, like... An actual in-game mechanic of some sort?

It's a game mechanic. At level 25 you earn the ability to create a custom villain to foil.

Basically it goes like this:

Step 1) Pick a personality - there are 3 types, Lunatic, Savage and Mastermind; each has a different dialogue when your Nemesis pipes up during special Nemesis missions.

Step 2) Pick a powerset.

Step 3) Pick some Goons, and their powersets.

Step 4) Create your Nemesis' costume.

Step 5) Give'm a Name/Bio. If I remember right the Bio is not visible to other players for some reason; though that may have been fixed.*

Anyway long story short, you'll run an introductory mission against said nemesis, and then from that point forward you'll occassionally get ambushed by small groups of your nemesis' minions. Sometimes they drop a Nemesis Clue which offers you a Nemesis Mission - sometimes the mission is to go beat up more minions or a lackey of your Nemesis; other times you actually have to confront the Nemesis themselves.

All told, it's an interesting idea... and one I think most of us here really wish they did more with. < . .> I'll spare you the complaints, because the first time or two through it it's actually pretty neat; it's just when you're on Nemesis #6 or so it starts to wear a bit. Though they do show up in some other non-Nemesis System specific content, like one of the Comic Series and in the end-game Nemesis Confrontation battle.

*I've been very lazy with nemesis creation on my more recent characters - I just don't have any good ideas.

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • Options
    stardiverstardiver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, that sounds like it may help me remake at least some of my villains here. A good half of my City of Heroes characters were villains. I had a whole heirarchy of them. Guess the only question left is: Can I customize the henchmen look, or are they stock?
    |

Of all the things I've lost,
    It think I miss my mind the most.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

You can actually make one that looks strikingly similar. Minions won't look anything like clockworks though. You control the look of your nems minions and 'type' of powers your nemesis and minions have. It is a pretty dang awesome system, but it does have a few bugs at the moment with certain power sets.

Formerly Aeolwind
    40 Count = 6
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, that sounds like it may help me remake at least some of my villains here. A good half of my City of Heroes characters were villains. I had a whole heirarchy of them. Guess the only question left is: Can I customize the henchmen look, or are they stock?

Henchmen unfortunately have a choice of stock appearances, there is quite a wide variety though.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Semi stock. You have a pretty large selection of choices like robots, cowboys, pirates, demons, etc. But they cannot be fully customized like your nemesis can.

Formerly Aeolwind
    40 Count = 6
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You do, at least, get to pick the overall color scheme of Nem and henchmen powers.

For instance, I made an ice Nem with dark blue powers, who has fire henchmen . . . but their powers are colored with the same scheme.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are we talking the Prussian Prince of Automatons or, like...

That's actually rather tempting to do with my next Nemesis.

Also, you get more then one. After you run though enough missions with one, you eventually get to lock him or her up for good. At which point you get to make a new one.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    cptvanor wrote: »
    That's actually rather tempting to do with my next Nemesis.

Also, you get more then one. After you run though enough missions with one, you eventually get to lock him or her up for good. At which point you get to make a new one.

You also get to keep the one you have, if you like them, and get the Jailbreak mission.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A more general Nemesis question: in cases where they appear during a mission that's not specifically a Nemesis mission, is it just the team leader's Nemesis or is it random?

I think its bugged and the team leader's neme is the one that is chosen.

The other day a group of us, all with an active neme farmed Q by doing the Nemesis Smash over and over. We got the team leader's neme about 20 straight times and it wasn't until he had to leave (and the star passed to me) that we got a different nemesis and yes, it was now my neme. We got that one 3 straight times before I had to leave.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad