test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Friday, Sep. 7 - Anniversary Cake Arrives [Complete]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
The cakestravaganza is about to begin in Champions Online, including a bonus EXP weekend and more!

Events:
-Bonus EXP buff available from Witchcraft, 10 AM PDT on Friday Sep. 7 - 00:05 AM Sunday Sep. 10.
-Sapphire concert and anniversary cake activates at 10 AM PDT on Friday Sep. 7.

Content:
-"Who Is Nighthawk" mission now grants 2000 Questionite upon completion
-Nemesis: Nemesis Critters should no longer gain absurd HP at random.
-Monster Island: Qwyjibo should no longer punch Teleiosaurus into the upper atmosphere.

Stability/Performance:
-Optimized world object collision throughout game maps to improve performance, and reduce load times

Costumes:
-Fixed various issues with the ?Avian? costume set (female pieces added, colors adjusted)

More details available in the blog post.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yay! Cake!

I missed it...

NOW it'll feel like an anniversary!

:smile:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can't wait to go for this. Cake's been missed, and double Q days and Q store updates. I am curious what is in store.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    -Monster Island: Qwyjibo should no longer punch Teleiosaurus into the upper atmosphere.

Aw, that is bad i never saw this happen, i bet that would be funny to watch once.

But i'm happy about the return of th Cake and a hopefully new song of Sapphire, i still have the old one from the last anniversary. And especially the XP buff for my level 20's

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Does the double Xp apply also the smashes? I'm itching taking my secondary character into 40. Finally 40!!

I want moar slots :B

UH!! Cake!!

I love you guys!! :D

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Zstore sale to celebrate anniversary would be great but cake is good too. :biggrin:
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gandales wrote: »
    Zstore sale to celebrate anniversary would be great but cake is good too. :biggrin:

It would, wouldnt it? It would show that even PWE get into the anniversary spirit :tongue:

And with all the Q flying around and XP boosts :D, the store is going to yield much profit methinks xP
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gandales wrote: »
    You know what would be a great Z-Store sale to celebrate CO's 3 year anniversary? :eek:
    Bring back ALL the "pre-order" items and sell them in the store! :biggrin:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
    edited September 2012
    You know what would be a great Z-Store sale to celebrate CO's 3 year anniversary? :eek:
    Bring back ALL the "pre-order" items and sell them in the store! :biggrin:

:O yes...I am loving those head auras...such as Benign Symbiote and Inborn Tenacity...but I'd love it if they were customisable..
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yay Cake.. Cake is Good! I have some left from last year.. Don't be a Foxbat and be nice to Sapphire day! Time to zip about towne looking for gifts.. at Flag Speed.

waiting for that Bat down show down when the sulking neglected Foxbat shows up..
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    Does the double Xp apply also the smashes? I'm itching taking my secondary character into 40. Finally 40!!

... I have no idea! My assumption is that it would, but not having tested it, I can't say with any certainty.

You can find out now, though: maintenance is complete, and both the cake and Witchcraft's EXP boost are ready to go! I figure, if the engineers can get maintenance done that quickly, there's no reason heroes and caterers should take that long to reach the scene. :biggrin:

Go celebrate, Champions!
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I need 'em to fix that display driver bug so I can play. :(
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so far no attempts made by Viper to steal the cake

they wouldnt dare :mad:

• hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    2k Questionite for something as quick as Nighthawk is actually pretty nice. Much better than getting Bolas at least. Is there going to be a Z-store sale later in the week? I might get a few things if there was.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I forget, do we fight pretty much any one for a chance at finding a gift box, or is it set that we can only get Anni-gifts if we take on the "new baddies" that are still around because of Night Hawk event?

Halloween and Winter Event make it much easier to know where most of the goodies come from. I mean, you look for a new "object" (trick or treaters / presents) and there you go. Goodies for all.

That's not a complaint, I'm just saying that I often need an arrow to point me toward where I need to go.

btw - Mission Arrows - Great idea. :smile:

- - -
    Never mind. Anything can drop a present.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The cakestravaganza is about to begin in Champions Online, including a bonus EXP weekend and more!

Events:
    -Bonus EXP buff available from Witchcraft, 10 AM PDT on Friday Sep. 7 - 00:05 AM Sunday Sep. 10.
    -Sapphire concert and anniversary cake activates at 10 AM PDT on Friday Sep. 7.

Content:
    -"Who Is Nighthawk" mission now grants 2000 Questionite upon completion
    -Nemesis: Nemesis Critters should no longer gain absurd HP at random.

Stability/Performance:
    -Optimized world object collision throughout game maps to improve performance, and reduce load times

More details available in the blog post.

This entire post is nothing but good news! Finally! :biggrin:

Bug fixes and explorable (anniversary) content = WIN!

Keep it up TrailTurtle & your team, got to keep that ball rolling.

PS: The 50% off on Freeform slots is something you should advertise the HELL out of, that's a fantastic deal IMHO. I was going to add this to the comments, but you have them turned off because of the trolls:
    "WOW! This is a big & unexpected sale. Statistically most people have a main character; now any of you Silvers Members can get that for about $25. That's a fraction of the $300 needed to go Lifetime and unlimited freeform is the main benefit of that. So if you can't afford or justify spending for a Lifetime Membership, this is a good option. Freeform, IMHO, is the way this game was meant to be played from the start. :-)"
  • borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    "Qwyjibo should no longer punch Teleiosaurus into the upper atmosphere. "

Awwww man! That sounds hilarious! That would be like sliver-age power right there! Too bad I missed it.

Youtube?
    edited September 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    PS: The 50% off on Freeform slots is something you should advertise the HELL out of, that's a fantastic deal IMHO.

How do you like the sidebar banner on the launcher, designed and made by Yours Traily? :biggrin:
    edited September 2012
    How do you like the sidebar banner on the launcher, designed and made by Yours Traily? :biggrin:

Totally loving Witchcrafts :() *duckface* :tongue:

No but seriously it is very nice :biggrin:
    edited September 2012
    Heh, glad you like it!
    edited September 2012
    borg10f9 wrote: »
    "Qwyjibo should no longer punch Teleiosaurus into the upper atmosphere. "

Awwww man! That sounds hilarious! That would be like sliver-age power right there! Too bad I missed it.

Youtube?

It was pretty funny, Qwyjibo would be like PIMP SLAP!! And Teleiosaurus would be back handed up side his head xD
  • merleburgermerleburger Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can I at least get some sort of confirmation that server response is still screwy, leading to complete unplayability, during our glorious 3rd anniversary?
  • spookpwaspookpwa Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Must say I was not overly impressed by Saphires little show.

Mostly because it was by definition a little show
    I mean one song each hour is hardly a consert, and therefore just felt silly.

There is almost always very few people there so it feels empty rather then festival.
    You probably would have needed to link the XP-buff to dancing during the show to get people there.:rolleyes:

Every one was just doing XP-alert to get maximum of the XP-buff (me included, though I did try to be at show when possible so at least a few were there :tongue: )

Think you need to work on this anniversal festivity thing a bit more. :wink:
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]
    A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
    edited September 2012
    Can I at least get some sort of confirmation that server response is still screwy, leading to complete unplayability, during our glorious 3rd anniversary?

I only get server issues during peak American time, like from 12am my time (UK) into early morning till 6am or so..

after that everything is gravy.

But yes there is the odd Crash to desktop bug which happens so randomly..and server response error happens about 2/10 times for me since last patch, happen ALOT more frequently before it like 8/10 times
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've had server not responding problems since the anniversary patch. at the moment I can't log into my main character because the last time the game disconnected me was between travelling from a main zone into my hideout. Now it keeps trying to load into my hideout and I get the Server Not Responding error in the loading screen until it disconnects me.

Cryptic. Fix. Your. ****.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz