Level 6: Accurate
Level 9: Impresario
Level 12: Martial Focus
Level 15: Acrobat
Level 18: Agile
Level 21: Mighty

Powers:
Level 1: Righteous Fists
Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Rank 2, Floating Lotus Blossom)
Level 6: Form of the Master (Rank 2)
Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Lashing Dragon Tail)
Level 14: Masterful Dodge
Level 17: Shuriken Storm (Rank 2, Floating Butterfly, Strong Arm)
Level 20: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
Level 23: Parry (The Elusive Monk)
Level 26: Burning Chi Fist (Rank 2, Fists of Righteous Flame)
Level 29: Smoke Bomb Lunge (Sudden Strike)
Level 32: Vile Lariat
Level 35: Conviction
Level 38: Smoke Grenade

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Swinging (Rank 2, Rank 3, Flippin')
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Dexterity: Evasion (2/2)
Dexterity: Quick Reflexes (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

That's what I have planned so far, which I believe is a good build. Focusing on going for Regen/Dodge Combo for survivability.

However, what I'd like to do is get more chain style attacks in. Maybe it's not a good idea to do that though.

I'd /like/ to replace Shuriken Storm and Smoke Grenade and add in Vicious Cyclone and Crippling Coils.

Bad idea? Won't make a difference? Been awhile since I played soooo...help is appreciated :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This isn't a bad idea is it? >_>;;
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am curious if this build is just for only soloing, or do you run alerts with it?

Solo, the build looks fine, and you should be able to handle anything the game can throw at you.

However, this build is not team-friendly at all...but, I don't know if you intended for that or not.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ajanus wrote: »
    I am curious if this build is just for only soloing, or do you run alerts with it?

Solo, the build looks fine, and you should be able to handle anything the game can throw at you.

However, this build is not team-friendly at all...but, I don't know if you intended for that or not.

Not team friendly? How so?

Not my intention to not be team friendly. My intention was basically to have Martial Arts with some Chain attacks (so far only have one) while having a Regen/Agile feel to defenses.
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Regeneration is a great passive for a beginner, but I'd recommend Lightening Reflexes over that. Maybe a retcon later?

For increased damage and energy management, I'd recommend Martial Arts' offensive passive over even Lightening Reflexes.

Just putting it out there for consideration. Nice build either way.
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    By not team friendly, I mean, you really have an undefined role for the team.

By using a defensive passive, you eliminate a ton of dps...you also eliminate your ability to change into an offensive role, further decreasing dps.

You also did not choose Crippling Challenge or Challenging Strikes, making your toon unable to tank for the group with a "tankish" build.

The way I look at things, is "what do I bring to the group?"

Your passive is the most important part of your build...your passive is Regeneration...now, what does Regeneration bring to the group? What does it bring if you are not getting hit? Honestly, if you aren't getting hit, defensive passives bring nothing to the group, therefore, personally, I would either make sure I am the one getting hit to max my group potential, or take a passive that allows me to contribute even if I am not taking the hits.

Since this is a tank build setup, I would just take Crippling Challenge and Challenging Strikes and tank for the group...tanking in this game is pretty simple.

Now, I'm not saying you have to bring a certain build with certain powers and whatnot, just to pick a role...and fill it.

If I were to guess, I would say that every single group that has all toons over 25ish that fail alerts would have 1+ members not filling their role...or has a toon with excessive knockbacks.

If this sounds harsh, it is not the intent, only an attempt to help everyone become a bit more productive in a group environment.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv