test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions for a PvP PA build?

captainsaxcaptainsax Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2012 in The Hero Games
I've been tanking with my PA, but since I hit 40, I'm thinking of retconning to a more PvP oriented build. Any suggestions?
Post edited by captainsax on

Comments

• Options
    alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just few powers to look into
    Sonic Device-if you decide to use elec form
    Chest Beam-Mad dmg on this power with elec form even better
    Masterful Dodge
    Some type of sheath or Ego Surge with adv if you have tons of con
    After that you just need to pick a sloted passive grab a good block(ego shield is my choice with advatage)

Then maybe grab hand/shoulder slot atk in PA to up dmg as much you can.

Super stats Con/Int and third is your choice. I like criting so i use dex and for Spec tree's you must decide what fits for you. If you want more crit dmg pick dex as primary but Int/con are good i think ints the best atm for me.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Before investing any significant amount into retconning, I'd strongly recommend testing out the waters so you can get a feel first hand of whether or not you like the current dynamic and so you get ideas of what you'll need to be competitive against what you'll be up against.
  • Options
    hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not really a PvPer but wouldn't the time it takes for PA toggles to turn off be very detrimental during PvP? Even if you toggle them off manually, there's a delay before you can use non slot powers which can be pretty big hindrance.
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Depends of which side of PA you're looking to take, everyone knows the Shoulder Launcher + Chest Beam combo but it doesn't give this 'One man arsenal' feeling. It is eventually possible to attack with Concussor Beams + Minigun + Eye Beam (RIP Sno) and interrupt with Block but it's slow to the trigger.

Combinations of spikes + maintains like above with the Minigun replaced with Shoulder Launcher has some potential, but very difficult to calculate and a single knock or stun will ruin all of your plans.

Passive can go from AoPM to Electric Form while going through Quarry. The rest of your healing / defense / crowd control toolset remains basicly the same.

• Options
    nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    captainsax wrote: »
    I've been tanking with my PA, but since I hit 40, I'm thinking of retconning to a more PvP oriented build. Any suggestions?

AOPM SS Strgth, Secondary stats will be Con and Int - there are specific reasons dealing with crit severity that require strgh SS as well as survivability. If you need help with the Stat trees let me know. Build role will be guardian. Before we get into this you need to know, in order to be effective you need 380+ int and well 400+ con. You will need as a minimum rank 7 MODS of Con and Int to pull off a PA build in PVP and still maintain survivability as well cost reduction MODS to be competitive.

There are several ways to go about this. Depending on your level of experience in PVP you will want to consider ice cage > limit experience / Sonic Device Geyser < A lot of experience

The greatest challenges with running a PA build will be stopping your opponent from moving. Because movement on their part will bug the toggles and specifically the Shoulder Launcher Toggle.

Your combo will be as follows.

Basic setup.
    Hurl with NTTG/Crip + Sonic device rank3
    Toggle on Shoulder Launcher R3 and IMMEDIATELY after (you must be fast) Hit ice cage RANK 3 Now hold down chest beam rank 3 and let your 16k Spike loose while they struggle in the ice cage.

Option 2: Intermediate level

Geyser rank 2 with NTTG plus Sonic Device Rank 3 Now use Ice Cage rank 2 with Crip challenge ? Now throw nade with escape artist (What this does is bugs their targeting onto your ice cage, the crip challenge breaks their block.
    Toggle on Shoulder Launcher and Chest Beam ? RANK 3 both powers

Option 3: Advanced level

Geyser Rank 2 with NTG Toggle on Shoulder Launcher Rank 3 and IMMEDIATELY after (you must be fast) Hit Sonic device Rank 3 The sonic device will Proc of an invisible tick of the Shoulder Launcher, stunning them for 2.4 seconds allowing you to let loose your chest beam R3 at the same time your rockets hit.

Of course there is a lot more powers but I will let you build your own, I just wanted to give you the initial setups but let you have the fun finding your way to the finish line with the rest, like ego surge or imbue, what defenses to take, what travel powers are important that work best with PA targeting, so on.

Option 4: PRO LEVEL

This setup is sweet, my personal favorite.

Because Shoulder Launcher works at 100 feet, lets say fckall to the travel power removal and go straight for the kill, this combo I came up with is my personal favorite in the game.

SONIC DEVICE RANK3 TOGGLE ON SHOULDER LAUNCHER R3

NOW HIT GYSER RANK2 WITH NTG BE FAST ABOUT IT MAN, YOU WILL KB THEM UP IN THE AIR WHILE ROCKETS ARE TOGGLING ON.

When the KB up happens charge the chest beam rank 3 so when they land they take fall damage, as well get blasted across the screen with the double KO FROM Cheatbeam and Shoulder Launchers pluss more fall damage. But you HAVE TO BE QUICK, make sure your target it right in front of you.

- this combo is undefendable and can also achieve a total of 24k in dmage counting all the fall damage, make sure you use ego surge with adv to gurantee the gyser KB and Crits on all hits, its really unstoppable.

On a personal note, I have a soft spot in my heart for playing PA, it?s the most interactive and enjoyable builds to play IMO - but it?s not easy. People will constantly try to bug your targeting by moving in half circles around you, it can get frustrating. But there is seriously nothing more enjoyable than nuking someone with the highest potential spike in the game, even higher than a Force Cascade. Good Luck ? Xeno
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Xeno nailed it perfectly. Good info :smile:

Actually I might write up a theoretical build for you all a bit later, I gtg for now
  • Options
    nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Xeno nailed it perfectly. Good info :smile:

Actually I might write up a theoretical build for you all a bit later, I gtg for now

I decided to disclose Option 4 above, some may consider it an exploit but it's just too funny to not share now.