test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Energy Storm PvP help

alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
edited September 2012 in The Hero Games
Trying to make a build around that Tier 4 power. But the damage is around 3k when i use them fire effects and chills from ice. Is there something im missing it seems way to weak?
Post edited by alodylis on

Comments

• secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    alodylis wrote: »
    Trying to make a build around that Tier 4 power. But the damage is around 3k when i use them fire effects and chills from ice. Is there something im missing it seems way to weak?

If you have to ask, you shouldn't be calling people n00bish.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    secksegai wrote: »

lol

/10 char
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    secksegai wrote: »

/Seconded

You scorn our advice, so you shall get none from me
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The solution is don't use Energy Storm. It's a bad power and requires set-up that you aren't going to be able to do in PvP. You really think an Ascension-Cascader is going to let you set up chills/clinging flames/ions so you can nail them with Energy Storm? You'll be dead before you can even get a Chill off.
  • nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Few suggestions here.
    The power is not strong enough to be effective unless used at the begging or end of a spike combo.

Example: Opponent has Mindful reinforcement and Force Field (Double Bubble) - Opener -Energy Storm crit for 4k drops the shields - SPIKE.

OR

STEP 2. The power is used at the end of a combo, -FORCE CASCADE - ENERGY STORM (when they land.)

OR

SONIC DEVICE + SHOULDER LAUNCHER + CHESTBEAM - ENERGY STORM
    Either scenario the power must be used in a series of combos to be effective; it will never be effective as a standalone attack. I looked at it a few months ago as a means to drop the double bubbles before my spikes, it worked well but due to my laptop issues was never able to fully implement it. -X

-
  • nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    The solution is don't use Energy Storm. It's a bad power and requires set-up that you aren't going to be able to do in PvP. You really think an Ascension-Cascader is going to let you set up chills/clinging flames/ions so you can nail them with Energy Storm? You'll be dead before you can even get a Chill off.

Ice Sheath instantly procs chill on EVERYONE that snares you, it also buffs crit severity - regardless, your advice is a little misleading, thats all.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Listen to Xeno, he knows his stuff.
  • alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the tips i heard the other day that energy storm hurts shields i might concider it for that itself then use my other combo. You guys have good one see you in bash:)
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Xenomorph Drone gave the best response by far, and he seems to be far more mature. This also confirms the results of one of my test duels with a certain power. :)
    edited September 2012
    ohh that xeno drone if that is the uber guy with the chainsaw two years ago i remember him lol. He was known by everyone that got hit by that thing. I think that the first buff in energy storm might be vital in a prestrike power slot b4 opening finish. If he cant use shields then there screwed lol.
    edited September 2012
    ohh that xeno drone if that is the uber guy with the chainsaw two years ago i remember him lol. He was known by everyone that got hit by that thing. I think that the first buff in energy storm might be vital in a prestrike power slot b4 opening finish. If he cant use shields then there screwed lol.

Ok after reading this, I'm realizing (well accepting) logic won't work with you.
    edited September 2012
    You got a problem cuz you just talk negative towards me gota stop that.
    edited September 2012
    You got a problem cuz you just talk negative towards me gota stop that.

Logic doesn't work, plain english doesn't work....

Let's put it this way - you're leaning towards Shev status, just without the threats of hacking computers or wishing countries were bombed. And at least Shev said he/she/it would go lifetime to get back at me.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think shev is cute. ^_^
    edited September 2012
    Logic doesnt work for me my friend. Define logic? Things that people think are correct or right? That doesnt fly with me half time people are clueless to there enviroment and stuff going on around them.

Trust your gut feeling and nothing more throw your logic out the door you tried once but you failed now listen to my post that is half **** detailed. My logic what is it? I dont base my judgement on logical because logical thinking isnt what built the world we live in. People thought outside the box to create something undone before.

Want to no what logic said along time ago? That the world wasent round and the first guy to discover it was shunned because he new it was round but they wouldent think its true. Screw your logic!