test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Vendor Cost

gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
edited September 2012 in The Hero Games
So I can get a purple PvE primary gear with 1-2 days worth of UNITY missions.

To get the Penetration or Stealth Sight gear would take a full 2 weeks of PvP queueing.

To me this is a vast inequality.
Post edited by gamehobo on

Comments

• oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    So I can get a purple PvE primary gear with 1-2 days worth of UNITY missions.

To get the Penetration or Stealth Sight gear would take a full 2 weeks of PvP queueing.

To me this is a vast inequality.

Erm.. Yea, I can see why you might think it's unfair. As you've said yourself, you only ever play Hero Games when you can assemble your own SG pre-made teams. That route can take you a long while to accumulate 250k Acclaim. But, if you only ever played with the rest of us, you might be able to earn that acclaim in a weeks time.

Basically, I disagree. I think Acclaim gear is priced just right. Crawl out of your hole and play with the rest of the community sometimes, "Bezzy."
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    noobtree needs a stickotomy. When that thing is finally out of there, then maybe he can actually add to a thread. It's no wonder he gets counter-trolled in his own chat. There's nothing wrong with playing with pre-made teams. I seriously doubt you don't. I don't know (or care) about you, but I get tired of joining a team of random noobs and having to carry their dead weight.
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's an achievement to assemble a team of 5 these days so.

• smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    noobtree needs a stickotomy. When that thing is finally out of there, then maybe he can actually add to a thread. It's no wonder he gets counter-trolled in his own chat. There's nothing wrong with playing with pre-made teams. I seriously doubt you don't. I don't know (or care) about you, but I get tired of joining a team of random noobs and having to carry their dead weight.

I'm gonna go ahead and call this a eulogy. The kind Dr. House would give, right until he looked at his mom's face.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    oobtree wrote: »
    Basically, I disagree. I think Acclaim gear is priced just right. Crawl out of your hole and play with the rest of the community sometimes, "Bezzy."

And I disagree with you on this one, it is crazily overpriced!
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    It's an achievement to assemble a team of 5 these days so.

Agreed, but that's because most people aren't keen on getting steamrolled by an exponentially better team. >_<
    Or simply people aren't wanting to get bitched at by a few PvP players for not being "up to par", in their lofty opinion. I've gotten a dose of that with my sniper.

That said Lucy, you're not one to talking down and displaying a holier-than-thou ego like that to people who disagree. Your logic frequently has a foundation built on sand.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gotta say, pvp certainly has a very steep entry fee as a result of this. I'm pretty sure I don't have to point out how badly a character gets facerolled without some pvp gear. But, you need to do a lot of pvp to get any. Catch 22, etc...
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited September 2012
    agent what is wrong with you? The first time I started posting here, noobtree started harassing me (and others) while everyone else remained silent. He never does anything except insult people who make legitimate posts... He seemed to be a half-way decent person last year, maybe because he didn't speak... and honestly, you come across as being very arrogant, which seems to confirm what I heard about you.

I don't care about being "holier than thou." I've always treated you with respect and went out of my way to say hello and spend time with you. I don't appreciate it when elitists are disrespectful just because they assume someone is a neophyte.
    edited September 2012
    agent what is wrong with you? The first time I started posting here, noobtree started harassing me (and others) while everyone else remained silent. He never does anything except insult people who make legitimate posts... He seemed to be a half-way decent person last year, maybe because he didn't speak... and honestly, you come across as being very arrogant, which seems to confirm what I heard about you.

To be fair my comment was directed towards Bezzy. My comment was based off of input Bezzy has given before. Also, ALL OF CO is easymode. Hero Games being the exception. Why expect the only two rewards to be cheap as well? Seems unfair to those that earned that gear in the first place. If you spent time making friends in the PvP community instead of harassing us, maybe someone would be kind enough to gift you some gear.

For someone who never plays Hero Games you sure seem infatuated with our postings in this subsection. You should also know that two wrongs do not make a right. I honestly don't think I was trolling Bezzy, just harshly disagreeing. You, however, are just being a troll without any valid opinion on the subject at hand, likely because you are clueless. :biggrin:
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For what its worth, I agree entirely with malware, even if I dont agree with his heavy handed approach to explaining it.

You can do good in PvP with good gear besides the acclaim stuff (Heroic, Merc) So don't hide behind that as an excuse.

This whole game is a joke as far as difficulty goes, and I think the best items should only be available to the few who EARN them, not because they buy it like the rest of the gear. If it was up to me you would need to have a least a 1/1 k/d ratio to even qualify for getting the best stuff. Why give it to people who don't earn it? I'm not trolling here, but I hate how its always grind for this or pay for this. Why dont they reward players for being GOOD at the game? I know you get more acclaim if you win, but anyone can sit there and do pvp week after week after week and scrape to together enough eventually.
    edited September 2012
    Malware, I'm well aware that you weren't replying to me. I've seen your recent posts and I am correct about the content of them (or the lack thereof). I'm not going to reply to you anymore until you have something intelligent to say.
    To be fair my comment was directed towards Bezzy. My comment was based off of input Bezzy has given before. Also, ALL OF CO is easymode. Hero Games being the exception. Why expect the only two rewards to be cheap as well? Seems unfair to those that earned that gear in the first place. If you spent time making friends in the PvP community instead of harassing us, maybe someone would be kind enough to gift you some gear.

For someone who never plays Hero Games you sure seem infatuated with our postings in this subsection. You should also know that two wrongs do not make a right. I honestly don't think I was trolling Bezzy, just harshly disagreeing. You, however, are just being a troll without any valid opinion on the subject at hand, likely because you are clueless. :biggrin:
    edited September 2012
    So could someone enlighten me on the stats of the new acclaim gear? Just realized I havent checked it out post-alert.... and if its BoP or BoE or whateves :biggrin: I would look but im stuck at work right now.
    Pleeeeeaaase? :redface:
    (No thread hijacking intended)
    edited September 2012
    Malware, I'm well aware that you weren't replying to me. I've seen your recent posts and I am correct about the content of them (or the lack thereof). I'm not going to reply to you anymore until you have something intelligent to say.

You might have seen my recent posts but I have doubts that you understood any of them. Which is ironic that you question my intelligence.

You are an amusing troll, lucyinspacewithdiamonds. You have contributed nothing to any post in the HG subsection other than to troll others. You have a problem. I can't see one comment by you on this thread alone that has anything to do with the topic at hand. Just evidence of your lack of I.Q. on any subject matter pertaining to HG's in general and your unrelenting fascination with trolling what's left of the PvP community.

Grow up, kid.
    edited September 2012
    syntaxes wrote: »
    So could someone enlighten me on the stats of the new acclaim gear? Just realized I havent checked it out post-alert.... and if its BoP or BoE or whateves :biggrin: I would look but im stuck at work right now.
    Pleeeeeaaase? :redface:
    (No thread hijacking intended)

Malvan Guantlets:
    19 Defense
    68 Offense
    23 Armor Penetration

Malvan Emblem:
    14% Stealth Site
    139 Perception
    19 Defense
    93 Cool Down Reduction
    93 Cost Reduction
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone here who actually tested this gear care to comment on real-world performance?
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone here who actually tested this gear care to comment on real-world performance?
    I've tested the gear, and my Wife says's i have no problem with performing :redface:

(Oh wait! Did you mean something else by "real-world"? :eek: )
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
    edited September 2012
    Malvan Guantlets:
    19 Defense
    68 Offense
    23 Armor Penetration

Malvan Emblem:
    14% Stealth Site
    139 Perception
    19 Defense
    93 Cool Down Reduction
    93 Cost Reduction

Thank you Malware.... Seems kinda meh to me, unless it has 3 mod slots. Even then its only moderately better (if that) then the Heroic gear. Although the perception wouldnt be bad.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gotta say, pvp certainly has a very steep entry fee as a result of this. I'm pretty sure I don't have to point out how badly a character gets facerolled without some pvp gear. But, you need to do a lot of pvp to get any. Catch 22, etc...
    PvP gear? We have that? It actually does stuff?
    Performance? They have performance? I thought they were vanity pieces.
    Seriously, first off the Penetration piece is bugged, giving out half the amount of penetration its supposed to, second off Perception gear is far weaker than the legacy pieces (Either way I'd rather see this removed and rework the stealth system entirely).
    Thank you Malware.... Seems kinda meh to me, unless it has 3 mod slots. Even then its only moderately better (if that) then the Heroic gear. Although the perception wouldnt be bad.

They are completely subpar to any Heroic gear pieces and take far longer to get. Their existance is only for the Dev team's amusement at our feeble attemptemt to get such piecesonly to realize they do nearly nothing substantial.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ad homina homina homina hominem.

In every PVP thread.

Keep up the good work folks, I get very entertained everytime.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited September 2012

It works best with Pistols or other rapid fire powers.

I've had 2 builds that i used it on while Kontrol was in transition from using AoAC:

1) Ego Form using TK assault with 685 INT. The INT provides 58% Penetration and the gear (using a Rank 5 Penetration core mod) increased that by some amount. T It also gained effectiveness in Elite instances as well as PvP. The continuous DPS was like a hot knife to butter. Concentration ranking with INT kept my energy full at all times. I had a particularly easy time killing Invul users. And kept most other users on the defensive. It does have problems against active defenses, however a quick spike of damage and you can go back on the offensive.

2) Quarry using Pistols with 685 INT. 775 INT in combat granted 66% penetration.. Also gave dodge/avoidance which I could maintain 100% dodge and >80% avoidance using stacking evasive maneuvers and lead tempest tread softly. Concentration once again kept my NRG bar full. The penetration was even deeper than with Ego Form.

Penetration is a great primary offense, but I can't reccommend it on its own.. it requires INT. Seems it was created specifically for munitions and arrows. (Storm of Arrows with advantage was particularly fun to watch..)
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    It works best with Pistols or other rapid fire powers.

I've had 2 builds that i used it on while Kontrol was in transition from using AoAC:

1) Ego Form using TK assault with 685 INT. The INT provides 58% Penetration and the gear (using a Rank 5 Penetration core mod) increased that by some amount. T It also gained effectiveness in Elite instances as well as PvP. The continuous DPS was like a hot knife to butter. Concentration ranking with INT kept my energy full at all times. I had a particularly easy time killing Invul users. And kept most other users on the defensive. It does have problems against active defenses, however a quick spike of damage and you can go back on the offensive.

2) Quarry using Pistols with 685 INT. 775 INT in combat granted 66% penetration.. Also gave dodge/avoidance which I could maintain 100% dodge and >80% avoidance using stacking evasive maneuvers and lead tempest tread softly. Concentration once again kept my NRG bar full. The penetration was even deeper than with Ego Form.

Penetration is a great primary offense, but I can't reccommend it on its own.. it requires INT. Seems it was created specifically for munitions and arrows. (Storm of Arrows with advantage was particularly fun to watch..)

Using INT stacked THAT high with the resistance lowering spec isn't going to give you an accurate reflection of the pen unless you do separate testing without the Int spec'd for it.

Not sure if it was this thread or another where I stated malvan wasn't worth using if you have access to legacy percep gear. A malvan emblem w/ r5 percep mod requires about 200 or so Int, but for most folks 300+ int and a legacy will be more effective as the primary utility is free to focus on cd and or cost redux.
    edited September 2012
    agent what is wrong with you?

Excuse me?! All I said was this, which is true:
    agentx5 wrote:
    That said Lucy, you're not one to talking down and displaying a holier-than-thou ego like that to people who disagree. Your logic frequently has a foundation built on sand.

I'm not sure why you decided to point fingers at me when your argument was between yourself and Ubtri, but fine then, I'll give you a reply (assuming you're not just trolling me that is).

Your comments have been no better than Malware@ubtri. And frankly as much as I like and respect Ubtri, he can be a bit of a troll at times. This is normal behavior from him, honestly. I mean, just look at him: he's a little green troll with... blade things sticking out of him! :biggrin:

Two things:
    • Two wrongs don't make a right, yes?
    • Learn to let go and relax a bit, there's always going to be a touch of smack-talking in PvP and it's not typically meant to be taken as being mean. (I mean jeeze, have you ever heard Forz talk on coPvP some days? It sounds like he's going to go shoot somebody lol)
    The first time I started posting here, noobtree started harassing me (and others) while everyone else remained silent.

I don't watch these forums that much. Sorry for your negative experience. This is an alright bunch, so don't be judging Ubtri too harshly. In fact, if you cared to listen more, you'd find he's got a lot of useful information to share. Nobody feels like sharing with somebody who's being hostile unless you're Jesus Christ.
    He never does anything except insult people who make legitimate posts...

Come on, that's not true... His posts are filled with a bit more vitrol or sarcasm at times, but they're suprising on the points. I've also seen him do nothing but compliment and help on the forums.

Saying never makes this a falsehood, certainly.
    He seemed to be a half-way decent person last year, maybe because he didn't speak...

If you're judging someone's character simply by their forums posts you're being a fool, seriously...

People are far more complex than this. Myself for example, I work to help save lives in real life and I'm a loyal & loving friend, on the forums I can be a bit of a hard-**** but that's because: A) it's a written media and I have a low tolerance for stupidity B) I'm bluntly honest and I care, thus I'm not going to sugar coat it.
    and honestly, you come across as being very arrogant, which seems to confirm what I heard about you.

1. Wow, yeah no I'm not. lol! Me arrogant? lol no. I can be described as bossy or pushy at times by some people, other people don't see that trait in me at all either. So who knows, but arrogant isn't something that's me. I'll look out for this more though.

2. Even if I were, this would be the pot (you) calling the kettle (me) black (arrogant).

I don't care about being "holier than thou."

Clearly.

I've always treated you with respect

BS! You just insulted me not two sentences before this one! Saying "always" makes this a flat-out false statement, a lie.

and went out of my way to say hello and spend time with you. I don't appreciate it when elitists are disrespectful just because they assume someone is a neophyte.

I'm one of the most inclusive people you'll meet in the game, actually.

Also, quote or show me when you've gone out of your way "to say hello and spend time with you". I'm curious to see the explaination.

I'm not sure what you intent was with writing this but I've had no issue with you before this that I can recall and it doesn't mean I think of you less than a person. The proactive thing to do would be to take my words constructive criticism and do some self-assessment, just as I do when recieving criticism. Instead all I see is you doing the "everybody is picking on me" defensive response, a hyperbole which is not based on the reality.

Also, I would take people like Forz or Ubtri picking on me in a joking manner as a show of commradery, knowing that if it came time to be serious they wouldn't hang me up and leave me out to dry. So back to point #2 above, chillax dude. It's not worth getting up in arms about.

Back on topic:

I still feel the 250000 Acclaim cost is far too high/expensive for what it is.
    edited September 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    This is normal behavior from him, honestly. I mean, just look at him: he's a little green troll with... blade things sticking out of him! :biggrin:

OMG, I can't WAIT till Malware see's this, I wish I could get a picture of the moment ^.^

Anyway...
    Wow, he really ripped you a new one didn't he?
    I would like to second this, in a friendly way. You are way to stubborn and hostile to be accusing other people of being the same. You profess that you are better then malware, but you are actually worse - in the fact that you cant admit when you are wrong. That and you have said you don't do PvP, yet you insist on forcing your opinions on all of us.
    edited September 2012
    That and you have said you don't do PvP, yet you insist on forcing your opinions on all of us.

This right here has been my issue with the person in question all along. They are clueless. No valid input on anything PvP or Hero Games related yet... They feel they "know it all" and seems to enjoy trolling me? Trolling me for simply defending (what's left of) the PvP community. lucyinspacewithdiamond is sad & starving for attention.

Also, AgentX has me pegged. He is spot-on with his perception of who I am and what I do. lucyinspacewithdiamonds may want to insult my intelligence and claim I am always adding nothing to any topic at hand, but in reality, it's quite the opposite of their claims. I add much, but my input gets ignored because it comes at the cost of also being a bit short-tempered. I have no tolerance for stupidity, obviously. It shows. I'm not ashamed of that.

I've never seen lucytheassclown ever say anything remotely constructive or influential. Hell, most of her/his posts about me claim I am an infamous bubble spammer which, if anyone ever PvPs' with me in Duels or Hero Games know that's 100% false. This person knows absolutely nothing, and it's decimating to him/her to be so completely wrong in every subject they bring up.

For a change, lucy should show a bit of humility and recognize they are not a know-it-all in the world of PvP. As mentioned... lucyinspacewithdiamonds doesn't even play Hero Games (unless solely with premade teams in his/her own SG, which honestly is just PvP/HG's with training wheels.)
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This right here has been my issue with the person in question all along. They are clueless. No valid input on anything PvP or Hero Games related yet... They feel they "know it all" and seems to enjoy trolling me? Trolling me for simply defending (what's left of) the PvP community. lucyinspacewithdiamond is sad & starving for attention.

Also, AgentX has me pegged. He is spot-on with his perception of who I am and what I do. lucyinspacewithdiamonds may want to insult my intelligence and claim I am always adding nothing to any topic at hand, but in reality, it's quite the opposite of their claims. I add much, but my input gets ignored because it comes at the cost of also being a bit short-tempered. I have no tolerance for stupidity, obviously. It shows. I'm not ashamed of that.

I've never seen lucytheassclown ever say anything remotely constructive or influential. Hell, most of her/his posts about me claim I am an infamous bubble spammer which, if anyone ever PvPs' with me in Duels or Hero Games know that's 100% false. This person knows absolutely nothing, and it's decimating to him/her to be so completely wrong in every subject they bring up.

For a change, lucy should show a bit of humility and recognize they are not a know-it-all in the world of PvP. As mentioned... lucyinspacewithdiamonds doesn't even play Hero Games (unless solely with premade teams in his/her own SG, which honestly is just PvP/HG's with training wheels.)

I doubt you're well placed to talk about modesty though. You and your 'secrets' everyone knows about ever since they appeared. If you really want to do something about PvP you may eventually menace the devs, tell them to stop adding some Batman ripoff stuff and fancy distraction vehicles attached to the same theme. Oh, and people prefer neutral, objective inputs most of the time, even if the section is in quarantine.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hate you all you AoPM , bubble spaming scum. I hardly PvP but I know better than you all. So there :P

Am I one of the cool kids now?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    I hate you all you AoPM , bubble spaming scum. I hardly PvP but I know better than you all. So there :P

no ;)

10chars
    edited September 2012
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    I doubt you're well placed to talk about modesty though. You and your 'secrets' everyone knows about ever since they appeared. If you really want to do something about PvP you may eventually menace the devs, tell them to stop adding some Batman ripoff stuff and fancy distraction vehicles attached to the same theme. Oh, and people prefer neutral, objective inputs most of the time, even if the section is in quarantine.

Forz has multiple good points of critique here, especially the bolded part.

I hate you all you AoPM , bubble spaming scum.

:frown: But... but... I haz AoPM on my main, and she has 3 powers that make protective bubbles.

secksegai wrote: »
    no ;)

Aww... Nah Nepht is a mommy mummy cat sphinx err-- thing, and that's pretty kewl!

She's kind of like the Foxbat of the forums.

Back on topic:

Reduce the price by 100,000 Acclaim or 50,000 Acclaim?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    She's kind of like the Foxbat of the forums.

YAY my moronic'ness haz been recognized \o/

Moronic'ness I should copy right that :3
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!