test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1100 days!

roundhousekittyroundhousekitty Posts: 44 Arc User
... subscribed is what I'm at now! Probably some of you guys higher, but hey!

Any vet rewards in the works, or are we stopping at 1000? :D It does seem like a nice round number to stop with, so people have a chance to actually catch up.

Comments

• Options
    mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It now goes by the games vet date if you've been here since day 1. There has generally been a rather large delay between the games actual date and when they give out the rewards. I'd think we wouldn't get anythink for a few weeks.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can tell you on STO they've stated they have no intention of going past 1,000 days, but that can always change. Perhaps they'd be willing to go in 250 day increments: 1,250, 1,500, etc?
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think 1000 days is perfect to stop the veteran program.
    Cryptic should invest their work in bugfixes and new content than in rewards thats only aviable to 0,3% of the players.
  • Options
    mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I can tell you on STO they've stated they have no intention of going past 1,000 days, but that can always change. Perhaps they'd be willing to go in 250 day increments: 1,250, 1,500, etc?

Just because the list doesn't go past 1000 doesn't mean they've stopped. Or do you have some other dev source that states as much. I've not been able to find anything on the CO forums that says they are stopping.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mavrycke wrote: »
    Just because the list doesn't go past 1000 doesn't mean they've stopped. Or do you have some other dev source that states as much. I've not been able to find anything on the CO forums that says they are stopping.

Nonsense, what do you know!?
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's like the Mayan calendar!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    >>Q: How high does it go?
    >>Veteran Rewards are capped at 1,000 days.

That's as high as it will go, I'm afraid...
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mavrycke wrote: »

Now there's one =p.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    roundhousekittyroundhousekitty Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Well, that's perfectly fine! As I said, it's a nice number to stop with, and it actually allows people to catch up. :>

Thanks, TT! Always on the ball, aren't you?
    edited September 2012
    And i was waiting atleast a snazzy Title, maybe Costume Slot, Rename Token.
    Could use a rename Token.
    :frown:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tearsoficetearsofice Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I just hit 1519 days... was wondering if something was going to happen soon... I'm sad to see that its not.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You get to play after 1500 days! That should be
    enough reward for you!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Veteran Rewards are awesome for people who have been around for a long time, but are aggravating for new members of the game. Seeing an awesome costume and then finding out that it's impossible to get for almost three years, seeing Perks and Action Figures locked behind similar gates; it's discouraging for the collectors and creators who just want a feasible way to get the shiny stuff unreasonably locked behind massive time gates.

I met a couple people in CoH that quit because costume sets that they felt they needed were locked behind vet rewards. The worst offender was the bird and bat wings requiring 15 months to unlock. I'm sure that's happened here too.

I wouldn't complain if people over 1000 days got a bundle of a free global costume slot, an extra character slot, and another RetCon on each character every 100 days, or a 100 Zen bonus to their stipend, or some similar reward, but locking costumes and collectibles (including Perks!) behind constantly growing time requirements is a bad idea, IMO.
    edited October 2013
    Veteran Rewards are awesome for people who have been around for a long time, but are aggravating for new members of the game. Seeing an awesome costume and then finding out that it's impossible to get for almost three years, seeing Perks and Action Figures locked behind similar gates; it's discouraging for the collectors and creators who just want a feasible way to get the shiny stuff unreasonably locked behind massive time gates.

I met a couple people in CoH that quit because costume sets that they felt they needed were locked behind vet rewards. The worst offender was the bird and bat wings requiring 15 months to unlock. I'm sure that's happened here too.

I wouldn't complain if people over 1000 days got a bundle of a free global costume slot, an extra character slot, and another RetCon on each character every 100 days, or a 100 Zen bonus to their stipend, or some similar reward, but locking costumes and collectibles (including Perks!) behind constantly growing time requirements is a bad idea, IMO.

I agree completely.

I would rather have seen veteran rewards costume pieces be put into the C-Store/Z-Store and have veterans rewarded (if such is necessary) with bonus C-Points/Zen.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    LET'S NOT give more
    I'm Still Bittered/Teased/Suffering/Crying/Swearing/FML for the Avian Warrior pack which became a Veteran reward for 900 DAYS, INSTEAD of a Z-Store costume pack (LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN) :mad:

Again, I had been waiting for that PACK since the post of Concept art 2 years ago, BEFORE ALERTS! which was promised to be a Z-store costume pack! (A DEV ingame, gave F.A.Q told me they had been working on it for C-STORE 2 years ago) and then slapped it for VETERANS the last moment because they didn't had any better to give!

Giving a big **** YOU to non-veterans and Subscribers who have been waiting to buy it from C/Z-Store

How would you feel like if you had to pay 300 Bucks and WAIT 3 WHOOPING Years to play as a RACE you want to play RIGHT NOW because of your character's concept and because it's relative to your @HANDLE?? :mad:

You see where I'm going with this?
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    See that up there? The post right above this one?

THAT is why I said further vet rewards - if they ever happen - should be generic consumables like retcons and character/costume slots.
    edited October 2013
    First point.

In STO all vet rewards unlock instantly for LTS members. That really should be done here as well.

Second point.

ThreadNecro.jpg
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I want all LTSers to get all the shinies up-front, like in STO. There. Even better, I will start my own thread.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    pay 300 Bucks and WAIT 3 WHOOPING Years
    They could always make them available as costume unlock items. They've already done so with the Epic Samurai and the old Halloween costume sets.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Butbutbut I want that super duper highly sought after thing amgiger. That nobody else can have but memememememe :D
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Second point.

ThreadNecro.jpg

Best card ever.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In STO all vet rewards unlock instantly for LTS members. That really should be done here as well.

Came here to say exactly this.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Came here to say exactly this.

At this point, why? Is there anyone who hasn't past the 1000 day mark as an LTS now? Mostly curious as it would seem like a wasted effort now, cause I don't think LTS are exactly flying off the shelf anymore.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In another MMO I played once upon a time ago they gave out Vet Points which were usable in a Vet Vendor. This way they could put in the cool stuff people would want to obtain and there would be some time involved to earn the points(cooler stuff cost more) but the only real advantage a launch day player had was they likely had more(if not all) of the vet store rewards while those who had been here a while could focus in on getting what they wanted most 1st.

Also, the vet store was packed almost entirely with ridiculous cosmetic items like giant sombreros, boxing gloves, giant sunglasses, and the likes. Things that could be useful to people but were less likely to cause an uproar because of how silly they were.

I like this setup. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    At this point, why? Is there anyone who hasn't past the 1000 day mark as an LTS now? Mostly curious as it would seem like a wasted effort now, cause I don't think LTS are exactly flying off the shelf anymore.

I don't have an LTS, but I want one, and I don't wanna wait another three-plus years to get all the goods that come with it... that assumes the game's gonna be around then. MMOs, with a few exceptions, are not really known for exceptionally-long lifespans.