test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will CO ever get the foundry?

sl1ckm1stersl1ckm1ster Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Well it seems everyone from PAX is raving about NW's foundry:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/feature/6692/PAX-2012-Best-in-Show-Heres-Why.html/page/1

http://www.gamezone.com/products/neverwinter/previews/pax-prime-2012-neverwinter-s-foundry-preview

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/03/pax-prime-2012-neverwinter-and-raiderz-flaunt-their-stuff/

Those are just 3 of many similar articles. That all sounds great, but will CO ever get the foundry or is it going to be Cryptic's only game without it?
Post edited by sl1ckm1ster on

Comments

• Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Its beginning to look like that will be the case for some time.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I really hope it does come, there are so many missions I want to make! I would totally buy one of the sourcebooks too! I mean, a foundry would really set CO apart from it's competition!
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I want it so bad I can taste it but I'm not optimistic

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not spending another red cent on CO until I see Foundry.

Until that time, I'll just enjoy the free stuff and whatever I can generate points for.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    peprallypeprally Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I really hope it does come, there are so many missions I want to make! I would totally buy one of the sourcebooks too! I mean, a foundry would really set CO apart from it's competition!

Well now that CoH is ending. Mission Architect was pretty sweet. I'd definitely love Foundry in CO, and base editing like in CoH would be nice, too. Hideouts are nice, and all, but their customization, and utility is nothing compared to CoH.
  • Options
    citizenstrangercitizenstranger Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    peprally wrote: »
    Well now that CoH is ending. Mission Architect was pretty sweet. I'd definitely love Foundry in CO, and base editing like in CoH would be nice, too. Hideouts are nice, and all, but their customization, and utility is nothing compared to CoH.

Before at least, they had a competitive reason to add Foundry to CO-- as you stated, the M.A. from CoH.

And they didn't add it.

Now with CoH gone, what other superhero game is there? DCUO (and I apply the term "competition" very loosely to that game).

So, even less incentive now for them to put the money into adding it to CO.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, my one hope is that after they get Neverwinter done, MAYBE they will have the system so polished it will be worth the resources to adapt to Champions Online for the subtle benefit in keeping the game fresh and attractive.

But that scenario is probably not right.

Still, here's hoping.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    From what I've seen and heard, the Foundry on STO was so buggy, even the cockroaches were impressed.

Don't you think we have enough bugs here in CO? Let the Neverwinter devs iron it out, then we can worry about adding it in here...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    From what I've seen and heard, the Foundry on STO was so buggy, even the cockroaches were impressed.

Perhaps at one point that was true. But as of a week or so ago, there were few bugs in the STO Foundry, and there was a ton of content added to the game because of it.

The biggest issue with the STO Foundry was they added some stuff into it with the Season 6 patch and that broke some stuff. But they had that fixed in a few weeks.
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Foundry is everything this game needs to survive and grow. Player-designed content is still content. If they don't add the Foundry to CO, I have to believe it's their intent to let this game die too.

I hope they prove me wrong.

More players equals more money.
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, Every now and then the devs try to search some non-standard method to add content (Adventure Packs, Comic Series, and now, Alerts), the next one may be The Foundry, it would be really smart, since they would only have to convert it to CO and the players do all the content, however, if some day we get it, i would prefer it to be the final version that comes with Neverwinter.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    sl1ckm1stersl1ckm1ster Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jonsills wrote: »

Don't you think we have enough bugs here in CO? Let the Neverwinter devs iron it out, then we can worry about adding it in here...

Your information is obviously very out of date. You may want to consider getting some new sources, because your current ones are giving you old info.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Foundry will not be implemented before the release of Neverwinter Online.

The reason being, all but 1 or 2 foundry devs are focused on perfecting it for that game, the other 1 or 2 are squashing bugs and adding features in STO's version of the Foundry.

I estimate that the foundry will be added to CO within 6 months of Neverwinter Online's launch.