test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions expansion

alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestions Box
Make a level 50 cap and add new zones. Also add new specialization tree based on level 40 choice. Charge 20$ for this expansion but make it worth it. For us to pay must be good setup. Also add new powers to the game a lot don't make just two add like 20. Make sure there isn't any bugs or op powers. Also make this update amazing more pv stuff to.
Post edited by alodylis on

Comments

• Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well,in the until report,they mentioned new zones in the drawing boards,as well as a lvl 50 cap,but it is way down the line from now,if anything I'd expect it by this time next year,to the end of next year.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Many people have already paid for a population 12 times their size.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All a paid expansion would do is further segregate the population. And if said expansion offered gear that was better than what you can currently get, the divide would become wider still.

What's needed is content for level 40's to do that is both fun and a good source of worthwhile rewards - gear, devices, mods, etc. An engaging storyline that is both lean in its presentation while still fulfilling is key. There needs to be little to no unskippable cutscenes, and no "busy work". Missions versus powerful enemies are also a must - not just hordes of throw-away henchmen. This stuff should be challenging, but not impossible, solo. A well built AT needs to be able to solo this stuff. Here is where we should encounter our nemesis on a much more frequent basis.

No... a paid expansion isn't the answer. Engaging and rewarding content that makes people want to reach 40 and stick around should be the goal - not some carrot on a stick that no one wants to bother with.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And I want a pony...

We need em to fix the bugs in the game we already have now, and we already have no end game. A higher level cap would make that worse. Sorry, I can't get behind that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    alodylis wrote: »
    Make a level 50 cap and add new zones. Also add new specialization tree based on level 40 choice. Charge 20$ for this expansion but make it worth it. For us to pay must be good setup. Also add new powers to the game a lot don't make just two add like 20. Make sure there isn't any bugs or op powers. Also make this update amazing more pv stuff to.

New zone has been announced: The darker and grittier part of Millenium City, for heroes like Nighthawk.
    The level cap will be raised when that new zone gets introduced, but only to 45. With the next zone after that (possibly the moon), it will be raised to 50. The endgame content was also said to take place on the moon.

And let me say this: I don't want to pay extra for that new content or a higher level cap!
  • Options
    savetheplanetnowsavetheplanetnow Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012

And let me say this: I don't want to pay extra for that new content or a higher level cap!

Feel free to stay lvl 40 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QMYDjCef8
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Add the Foundry, for goodness sake!

A new zone would be nice, but endless new missions would be even better. More players, more money, etc.
  • Options
    melatetomelateto Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    having an endgame i think its a must, it get boring tryng to redo viper nest , andrith , etc all the time. Also with the last nemesis mission bugged , its hard to get new nemesis. i feel like if i have nothing to do with my lvl 40 toons.
    new maps or at least , some kind of fun end game , is what this game needs.
  • Options
    alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well people are cheap sometimes or sometimes they cant afford it. My thing is if they made a great exspansion worth money maybe people will buy it and new people will join the game making it more populated. It cant be a crap dlc it has to be game of the year stuff. Thats the only fair way to pay for more content if its amazing and worth the buck. Just my idea i like free content to but i wouldent mind helping CO get more cash if they produced more stuff.

As for all the bugs they need to really get there **** together with it there are many problems atm but hopefully they change it. I dont wanna play Champions Buged online you no!
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This stuff has been asked for since I joined the game in 2010 and it was going to happen soon then. The devs talked about it in ask cryptic, until field reports and the communication that came before. I have stopped hoping for anything this big, I expect more half finished Ideas like regular comic series replacing the AP's. I mean we got 3 adventure packs then they stopped that content to bring us regular comic series. After 3 of them they stopped to bring us Alerts.

Then we have a Nemesis system that is a great idea but has never been improved just forgotten or how about hideouts that were meant to get extra rooms and even lead to SG bases this also never happened and the rooms sit empty. Now we have Vehicles that have been released sort of half done (prototype) that will get better they have great ideas.

For once I would love Cryptic to say this is what we are going to do and stick with it. If they are going to do a new zone I'm sure if they did nothing but work on that (well fix some bugs as well) and give us less in the way of instant short lived gratification. I could do with out a patch with new alerts costumes etc for a few months if they gave us maybe just one new zone.

I don't think this will happen because I don't think CO has a Dev team big enough to do it. So I will play the game I want to without expecting any new zones or constant medium sized content like comic series. I will be grateful for a new alert or small mission every so often. I will buy the latest costumes and pay my subs because this is the game I enjoy playing.