test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, September 5.

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
We will be having maintenance tonight from 12:01 AM to 2 AM (Pacific). This update should resolve some disconnect issues centered around the Millennium City city.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is that all it's for? Any chance they also are fixing the missing lore bug? Because i'd hate to feel like it's a punishment to be an older player, and a bug that wipes an entire years worth of collecting lore certainly feels like that way =\
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    or the crafting bugs- which mean
    you can't get skill up from nodes,
    you can't train - the trainers think that it costs more than you have
    and some of the nodes STILL require the wrong skill
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Or the bug where Qwjibo knocks Telio all the way across the map in the crisis...

Or any of a THOUSAND (or more) other bugs

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well

at least i dont get randomly DC'd every 10 mins

• Options
    thereaganthereagan Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was disconnected and now can't reconnect, keeps saying "trying to update the launcher" and then it fails to connect.
  • Options
    jessiesparkjessiespark Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Much as I want the crafting bug and Valerian Scarlet fixed, let them fix the showstoppers that prevent people from playing the game first.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    Much as I want the crafting bug and Valerian Scarlet fixed, let them fix the showstoppers that prevent people from playing the game first.

Pretty much this. We have another patch scheduled for later in the week, more of a normal patch, but this hotfix needed to go out for stability. We're working at chipping away at a number of the issues we've seen, including Nemeses and Comic Series/Adventure Packs, but it's going to be an ongoing process.
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ya, when the nighthawk patch came out there were a butload of bugs. not pointing fingers but obviously SOMEbody made the wrong decision to push it through bugs and all.

that being said however, one persons decisions shouldnt cause rage at the whole team (i know in rl my boss is an idiot to, god forbid if someone get mad at me for his idiotic choices).

now with all of the bugs out there they obviously have to prioritize. they dont wear capes themselves and have no super powers. and bugs that cause people to not be able to play are the first ones that have to get fixed, it will never be "all bugz fixed NAOW!".

people can be so needy sometimes......
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Yeah, but the Valerian Scarlet bug IS a showstopper, if you can't progress through the Vibora Bay crisis.

I hit that bug the other night. I won't be playing again until it's fixed, because there is no reason to, since I can't progress.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    zedulonzedulon Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any bug that renders a major feature unusable to a significant portion of the user base is a showstopper. (I am a software engineering manager, that's actually a very narrow definition.)

Valerian Scarlet renders Vibora Bay inaccessible to most characters.
    The crafting bugs render the entire Fusion system unusable to most characters.

Both are major showstoppers.

Also, as long as we are talking about disconnects and crashes, I've been crashing every 10-20 minutes today, when prior to today it was once every several hours. So... congrats for making the problem worse for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    for the trying to update lockup . try this.

task manager> processes> gameclient.exe file- turn it off and try again.
    apparently sometimes it locks up.

as for the DC's. I've had the opposite. I've actually stopped getting DC'd within 5mins of logging since the Nighthawk patch.

sorry for the rant, Just letting people be able to play is much more important,I've just got a character who has been on 200 skill since level 20 and at 35 I just can't do anything with the skill including use any nodes in the area I'm in.

and yes VB crisis being stuck halfway is a pain. I'm about to start it on that character but I can still do the high level missions at MI, while I wait for it to be fixed before finishing the mission line. Means doing half of it at a higher level than the missions but *shrug*

• Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Pretty much this. We have another patch scheduled for later in the week, more of a normal patch, but this hotfix needed to go out for stability. We're working at chipping away at a number of the issues we've seen, including Nemeses and Comic Series/Adventure Packs, but it's going to be an ongoing process.

Any chance the devs will ever fix bugs that have been around for months, some even over a year or more?
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You know, seriously- don't add anything else new until you can iron out these bugs. There's no point in having a cool new Tonka truck when there's cat poop all up in my sandbox. Please, PLEASE take your time and fix these things. Right now, the ONLY thing I can do is RP. Now is NOT a good time for this to be jacked up with all the new faces coming in.
  • Options
    thereaganthereagan Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am able to connect now, hopefully it lasts, it's the first time that it has happened to me but it seems to have happened to other people, hopefully their problem went away as well.
  • Options
    jessiesparkjessiespark Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zedulon wrote: »
    Any bug that renders a major feature unusable to a significant portion of the user base is a showstopper. (I am a software engineering manager, that's actually a very narrow definition.)

I've only seen it used in the context of "it won't go" or "it crashes so often as to be unusable." But your point is well taken - they ~are very high priority bugs, and hey're driving me to distraction.

However, I know some people out there have it worse, with constant crashes. So I'm willing to wait a bit.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The other one which I'm seeing comments in zone chat ab out, is some silvers unable to create chara cters despite having a slot free. It says no available slots

• Options
    maxbladesmaxblades Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lol just an lil lol
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    chaelk wrote: »
    The other one which I'm seeing comments in zone chat ab out, is some silvers unable to create chara cters despite having a slot free. It says no available slots

Accessing one of my free FF slots to try and create a char cause a crash to desktop for me so yeah...