test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TrailTurtle Meet 'N' Greet Tuesday

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
Meet with CM TrailTurtle in the Powerhouse Theater on Tuesday, 4-5:30 PM (Pacific). Come show off your best costume, meet people, or just talk Nighthawk and power sets. If all goes smoothly, we?ll be Livestreaming this as well.

Depending on how I feel that day, I'll either build out an official TrailTurtle character or go as Iris Irregular, the Telekinesis character I'm currently leveling up.

-TrailTurtle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Kowabunga dude. Couldn't sleep? You're posting at odd hours.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A dev just admitted to playing the game. I'm gonna make a note of that. :biggrin:

Should be fun, we should organize a costume contest afterward.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Kowabunga dude. Couldn't sleep? You're posting at odd hours.

Hell yeah I play. Not nearly as much as I wish I did, but I sunk three hours into Iris last night. I first made her when I was backup for Champs a few months back, and I finally got her converted to Gold. Revamped her as a TK, and I'm enjoying the combat more than when I first had her specced as a Mind -- although I'm building her way too squishy.

I'm still getting a feel for a lot of things in Champs, and if we're being totally honest I'm not that good at MMOs overall, but I finally got through the three fake Nighthawks soloing the evidence missions. I haven't had time to jump into the penthouse mission, but I enjoyed figuring out what the right order and combo of TK skills was.

EDIT: Also, I'm down for costumes, but I'm probably going to steer clear of a contest per se. For my first meet 'n' greet, I want everyone to like me. :biggrin:
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited September 2012
    Meet with CM TrailTurtle in the Powerhouse Theater on Tuesday, 4-5:30 PM (Pacific). Come show off your best costume, meet people, or just talk Nighthawk and power sets. If all goes smoothly, we?ll be Livestreaming this as well.

Depending on how I feel that day, I'll either build out an official TrailTurtle character or go as Iris Irregular, the Telekinesis character I'm currently leveling up.

-TrailTurtle

can we have UTC time please?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,070 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hell yeah I play. Not nearly as much as I wish I did, but I sunk three hours into Iris last night. I first made her when I was backup for Champs a few months back, and I finally got her converted to Gold. Revamped her as a TK, and I'm enjoying the combat more than when I first had her specced as a Mind -- although I'm building her way too squishy.

I'm still getting a feel for a lot of things in Champs, and if we're being totally honest I'm not that good at MMOs overall, but I finally got through the three fake Nighthawks soloing the evidence missions. I haven't had time to jump into the penthouse mission, but I enjoyed figuring out what the right order and combo of TK skills was.

EDIT: Also, I'm down for costumes, but I'm probably going to steer clear of a contest per se. For my first meet 'n' greet, I want everyone to like me. :biggrin:

I live in Britain and I hear these arent friendly times to be meeting you, but I dont care, I will stay up to meet you. Sounds like a fun thing...but echoing r9's comment the UTC times would be great ^_^
  • Options
    mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I haven't had time to jump into the penthouse mission:

I just wanna warn you about this one Trail <@_@&gt; It's not super-hard, but it really requires a little bit of teamwork, so don't be surprised if you need to do it a couple times before you win. It's quite neat though, and a lot of fun imo as long as your team has a clue what it's doing <^_^>

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    UTC: 11 PM to 12:30 AM, it looks like. UTC is two hours off from CEST, right?
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012

*cough* telepathy pass *cough*
    erm
    what was that?
    oh, cant wait to get to the meet n greet!
  • Options
    zedulonzedulon Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Given the current state of the game - with horrific bugs plaguing just about every aspect of it - I'm sure that plenty of people already dislike you on general principles. Then again, the same would be true of any Cryptic / PWE rep. And the people who were really frustrated over the bugs will probably be too busy playing GW2 to even show up. But you might be better off throwing a CC than fielding the horde of questions about bugs.

Personally, I'll probably skip it. Showing up would just add to my frustration level.
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zedulon wrote: »
    Given the current state of the game - with horrific bugs plaguing just about every aspect of it - I'm sure that plenty of people already dislike you on general principles. Then again, the same would be true of any Cryptic / PWE rep. And the people who were really frustrated over the bugs will probably be too busy playing GW2 to even show up. But you might be better off throwing a CC than fielding the horde of questions about bugs.

Personally, I'll probably skip it. Showing up would just add to my frustration level.

You just reminded me of an old adage "if you have nothing nice to say say nothing". Trailturtle is doing a good job as community rep and even slowly getting some communication going. He is nothing to do with sorting bugs and so far I have seen him doing his best to gather info on bugs to pass to the devs.

Trailturtle I will try and make the meet and greet but as I'm from the UK I may be half asleep. :tongue:
    edited September 2012
    zedulon wrote: »

If someone is blaiming a CM for game bugs, they obviously don't understand what a CM does...

TT is not only communicating with us, he's actually organizing things in game. You have no idea how long it's been since we've had a CM that's done that (heck since we've had a CM period)...

From what I've seen, a vast majority of us really appreciate what TT is doing here. I know I sure do! :smile:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    If someone is blaiming a CM for game bugs, they obviously don't understand what a CM does...

TT is not only communicating with us, he's actually organizing things in game. You have no idea how long it's been since we've had a CM that's done that (heck since we've had a CM period)...

From what I've seen, a vast majority of us really appreciate what TT is doing here. I know I sure do! :smile:

this lokikin hit it on the head

a community manager is a rep that interacts with the COMMUNITY, provides communication, organises events, talks to us... he is doing an excellent job. jumping on his case because of issues with programming and your personal gripes is like yelling at the McDonalds cashier because you've had a bad day. grow up

edit: btw sorry 'turtle.. cant make it, ima gonna be at work
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'll try to make it to the meet-n-greet, probably in the persona of Happifun or Spider-Bat. Can't say for certain I'll be there, because stupid reality keeps intruding on my fantasy time, but I'll give it my best!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    planktheoryplanktheory Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Thank you, and thank TT. I'm really liking this trend of seeing more posts from the CM.

It's rather nice to see things be appreciated around here.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Well said!

It's certainly been a long time. :smile: Hopefully this becomes a regular thing, it would eventually get people to calm down a lot more.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012

As long as you're slick in handling the hecklers and don't make promises you can't keep or insult an entire community.... you'll be fine. Tumerboy was able to do it, and probably was the most liked dev. He's also proof you can do something/create something that people aren't in unanimous agreement with and not be crucified.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Oh, tt, lol I wouldn't put that on you in your first meet and greet. I remember what happened to Tyshien when she threw em, lol I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Welp, time to break out the party bombs.

You know what'd be neat? After you hit 40, you should do a good old fashioned cosmic hunt. I miss the heck out of when devs did that.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You know what'd be neat? After you hit 40, you should do a good old fashioned cosmic hunt. I miss the heck out of when devs did that.

You don't need a dev to do that actually :smile: Take a look at the photos on my Core Connect, those are a few of the first cosmic hunts (the Grond ones are from a year ago, the Teleiosaurus one is from last spring)
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey Turtle, I'm assuming you mean 4-5:30 server time. The official Contests Channel has Cult of the Black Fire's CC scheduled for 4pm st on Tuesdays. I'd keep that in mind when showing up.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    You don't need a dev to do that actually :smile: Take a look at the photos on my Core Connect, those are a few of the first cosmic hunts (the Grond ones are from a year ago, the Teleiosaurus one is from last spring)

Oh, you're totally right. I just remember that when Tyshien would do em, there'd be 50 of us chasing Grond around to make him our monkey.

Huh, but you do have a point. Maybe we'll try to schedule one anyway, just for S&G.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Here, here! I HATE all the bugs that occurred but I LOVE trailturtle! He may go his own pace up the trail but damned if he won't finish the race! :wink:

Big difference between taking exception to some specific employee and taking exception to a company failure/misstep. It's not like the employees can come tell us 'we're on a skeleton crew and I almost would rather eat a bullet than listen to my arsewad boss again'. No, they just have to take it and go back to work with the 'More With Less' written on the chalkboard burned into their retinas and haunting them in their dreams, especially when they have indigestion.
  • Options
    stjobestjobe Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    TT is not only communicating with us, he's actually organizing things in game. You have no idea how long it's been since we've had a CM that's done that
    Hell yes!

Big kudos to TrailTurtle for going the extra mile, and curse you detractors all the way back to... well. Perhaps I shouldn't go there.

IIRC, we haven't had a GM-run event of any kind since GMkitty got the can. It's way overdue, and big props to TT for making it happen.
    edited September 2012

Late in the night and i have to work next day.. i wished to join but my time is UTC+2 So it's too late for me, i'm sorry TT but that i can't join.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    edited September 2012

• Options
    edited September 2012
    mijjestic wrote: »
    He may go his own pace up the trail but damned if he won't finish the race! :wink:

This may be my new favorite quote. I'm not gonna lie, there'll be a number of things I won't be able to answer because of business considerations (I can't talk about sales), technical limitations (I can't promise anything that hasn't already been fixed and tested), and the uncertainty of schedules (I won't announce a vehicle launch date).

That being said, I work from Cryptic tomorrow, so I'll talk with all the devs ahead of time to find out what kinds of upcoming stuff I can talk about. If we've got a particular bug fix all prepped for this week's build, I'll be able to talk about stuff like that no problem. :smile:
  • Options
    lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This may be my new favorite quote. I'm not gonna lie, there'll be a number of things I won't be able to answer because of business considerations (I can't talk about sales), technical limitations (I can't promise anything that hasn't already been fixed and tested), and the uncertainty of schedules (I won't announce a vehicle launch date).

That being said, I work from Cryptic tomorrow, so I'll talk with all the devs ahead of time to find out what kinds of upcoming stuff I can talk about. If we've got a particular bug fix all prepped for this week's build, I'll be able to talk about stuff like that no problem. :smile:

Anything from the devs would be worth it as we have not heard from them in so long we wonder if they are still alive or just skeletons looking at green computer screens with cobwebs hanging from their bones.

A list of bugs they intend to squash would be good..especially if its the bug where nodes are not giving us skill increases.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I came, i saw, i left...
    ...No TrailTurtle to be found :frown:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I thought theres still about 3 hours for it?...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Meet with CM TrailTurtle in the Powerhouse Theater on Tuesday, 4-5:30 PM (Pacific)...
    ...= 1-2:30 PM (Eastern) :wink:
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ...= 1-2:30 PM (Eastern) :wink:

Um, no = 7 - 8:30 PM eastern... you counted in the wrong direction.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    rapierwhip wrote: »
    Um, no = 7 - 8:30 PM eastern... you counted in the wrong direction.
    Wow, you're right :redface:

Ok, i'll be back at 7 :biggrin:
  • Options
    oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stoopid timezones....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so its at 7:00 PM eastern time?

EDIT:went to the event,it was awesome,aside from everone throwing party bombs and dancing,it was nice to meet the devs character to character,really good info too,I got all excited when I heard Telepathy is being reviewed now,we seriously need to do events like this once a month or so,it was the awesome!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Was a fantastic time spent on my behalf ^^.

So many of my burning questions were answered!

It was nice to see GentleMan Crush there as well and hear about his plans :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for doing this. In my opinion it was well worth it!
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It was fun. Was good to see so many folks in one place.

And they took the time to answer some questions. I know it wasnt the main reason for the event but anytime you have "the powers that be" in the room, questions will flow.

And while some of the more pressing "questions that can not be talked about" were not talked about. At least we got confirmation that they cant be talked about. At the very least, acknowledgement is a welcome plus.

All in all, it was a nice change of pace. Thank you for hosting it TT.
  • Options
    oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Was pretty fun and informative, thanks for having it. You should really do this more often, events like these really do boost morale.

Also, Telepathy is getting a review.
    If that doesn't make you happy then obviously you have no soul.
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It was a triumph!

I'm making a note here, huge success! :D

:3

I'm El Gato Vengador in game :B

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Well, once i got the time zone right :redface:
    I got a few questions answerd :tongue:

Wasn't bad for a first outing TT

*thumbsup*

'Caine :cool:
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    it was fun and informative and would love to see this sort of thing regularly. It was great to meet Trailturtle and I think he acquitted himself well answering the questions he could and listening to what was said. It was great to see gentle man crush there as well.
    edited September 2012
    it was fun and informative and would love to see this sort of thing regularly. It was great to meet Trailturtle and I think he acquitted himself well answering the questions he could and listening to what was said. It was great to see gentle man crush there as well.

Wait... i missed it? what' the name of the timezone it's done in? i'm in GMT+10 :S
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    GMT - 7, I think... Pacific Time...
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I couldn't make it because the kids needed haircuts before school starts tomorrow, and the boy (who starts first grade) wanted an Angry Birds lunchbox. (Couldn't find one anywhere - he's just going to have to settle for using the Cars lunchbox from last year.)

I has a sad. :(

Oh, well - maybe next time...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"