test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Support and UI: make it easy, please?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Controls and Interface
Greetings everyone.

With the new alert 10 people fight on Live, the UI does not support it at all.

What actually do I have?

I have "TEAM UP" with 5 random people. And I must find someone, who not on "TEAM UP" in the fight and heal them.

Also, if I go in the alert with a pre-made team, I have VERY SMALL icons with them. That makes me minimize my chat and work hard just to click and catch one of them.
It doesn't help that the "TEAM UP" team mixes with the real team, meaning I have some of the same people on both teams.

So half of the fight I'm busy with clicking and searching for characters on my screen and UI.

It would be great if I could see the full team - all 10 people - on my screen so I have a chance to check their health bar and save them.

Thank you for your attention.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I agree. Team-Up is fairly clunky and poorly-implemented. If it could be reviewed both for normal Alerts and for use as a secondary team in Rampage Alerts, it would go a long way to improve its use for everyone, especially our super awesome healers. After all, watching some of these healers spend the entire fight running around rezzing some of the squishier builds in Gravitar fights without a fully functioning or useful UI, it's more than enough to think that they deserve a method of seeing, targetting, and properly healing their team- and teamup-mates.

If we're moving towards a more standard MMO with lock-out fights (which I don't have a problem with, if they are used properly as in Gravitar's fight), then fixing upon issues in healing/rezzing that are evident purely through issues with UI is one of the more important changes that need to be made, in my opinion.

While we're on the subject, could the new "I'm Down!" function be adjusted? Perhaps a map marker that provides visual feedback of a downed player's location, rather than a spammable button on the Defeated UI?

[I'm not trying to insult the mind or minds behind the Team Up UI and functionality. If you are offended, my apologies. It does what it is intended to do, but it honestly does not do it well.]
    edited June 2012
    Agree 100% /signed
    edited June 2012
    I'm on board for this.
    edited June 2012
    By far, fully agree to this. not to mention you may not always get all the benefits of all members in the alert, because you can't have all the players in the alert as your teammate.
    edited June 2012
    something has to be done - its not like clicking on folks or tab targeting is even reliable, need the interface.
    edited June 2012
    /signed with a quickness.
    edited June 2012
    I'm a healer and I support this message. /signed :D

While we're at it can we also get some massive neon light sign that says "I can Rez!" that has flashing arrows and strobe lights all around it? Maybe as a Costume piece or something?

Because it is just kind of annoying going into the Alert with 10 people, as a healer with a rez power and finding by the time Gravitar is halfway down in hp there is only 2-3 people fighting her. :o

And one last thing, along with the request for a visual display of a downed teammate, can we have that "i need help" button put on a cool down? Annoying as all heck when people click spam the stupid thing. :mad:
    edited June 2012
    Because it is just kind of annoying going into the Alert with 10 people, as a healer with a rez power and finding by the time Gravitar is halfway down in hp there is only 2-3 people fighting her. :o

Making a bind to say in Local something along the lines of "I can resurrect downed players! Please do not release as you will be locked out of the fight!" goes a long way. A friend set this up and I know I will when I'm focused on my support toons again.
    edited June 2012
    Kurbee wrote:
    Making a bind to say in Local something along the lines of "I can resurrect downed players! Please do not release as you will be locked out of the fight!" goes a long way. A friend set this up and I know I will when I'm focused on my support toons again.

Oh I usually do say something along those lines, hardly seems to work half the time though. :p
    edited June 2012
    I am also a healer and I agree that something needs to be done about this in all alerts. I have even made posts about it myself in regards to regular alerts.
    http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=145834
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Oh yes, definitely. Keeping track of 10 people's healh bars can be enough of a pain with how hard Gravitar hits, without being able to easily target some of them! The UI needs serious work for these 10-people alerts.
    edited June 2012
    Hey, seems like i have something good for ya, guys!

Maybe you know about that already, but i just noticed. Under team up a arrow with something that look like a raid interface! :cool:

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab212/techowl/2012-06-28_00001.jpg
  • chuckthestarchuckthestar Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And one last thing, along with the request for a visual display of a downed teammate, can we have that "i need help" button put on a cool down? Annoying as all heck when people click spam the stupid thing. :mad:
    Disagree.

That 'spam' is the only reliable way to quickly find some corpses. Especially when they're on the opposite side of the fight, under a rock, or up on a ledge somewhere.

As for the chat spam, I am way too busy doing my job to notice what is being said in chat. It's completely irrelevant to me. My team could recite War and Peace into chat for all I care.