test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Might and Celestial, will it blend?

klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Builds and Roles
I'm playing a character with my hubby, he runs a might tank, very much like super girl. I'm using a sort of Mr Incredible/Superman, but I want healing powers.

Will it blend to use celestial healing powers with might punching attacks? Is going to be more pve and healing focussed than dps.

What do you guys think??

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
Post edited by klitty on

Comments

• theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    fi your hubby is rolling a good tank spec and keeping aggro off you, i dont see why it wouldnt. SS PRE, as for side stats youll have multiple options way i see it, STR ifyou want knock power and additional DMG, INT is always good, CON is good too if you plan to use iniquity. but for a PVE healing focus is do SS PRE, sidestat INT and CON if youre going to use defiance passive, or INT and REC if youre going to use seraphim/AoRP.

its very possible, but over all even with defiance as a passive youll want to make sure youre not in the way of any hard hitting AoE's from the enemy, because if you have a good, dedicated tank, thats all you really need to worry about aside from adds. once you get conviction on the build and you go the con route with defiance, youll be a pretty tough cookie to crack.

ive seen and amazing HW/celestial build, i dont see any reason why plain might wouldnt work just as well too
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You could always build it on the PTS at any level and try it out.
    I have a feeling I did this once, maybe I spent too much time energy building
    and then ended up using the ranged powers of Celestial most of the time anyway.
    Or maybe I was too much a healer/bleeder and less of a healer/brick.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    fi your hubby is rolling a good tank spec and keeping aggro off you, i dont see why it wouldnt. SS PRE, as for side stats youll have multiple options way i see it, STR ifyou want knock power and additional DMG, INT is always good, CON is good too if you plan to use iniquity. but for a PVE healing focus is do SS PRE, sidestat INT and CON if youre going to use defiance passive, or INT and REC if youre going to use seraphim/AoRP.

its very possible, but over all even with defiance as a passive youll want to make sure youre not in the way of any hard hitting AoE's from the enemy, because if you have a good, dedicated tank, thats all you really need to worry about aside from adds. once you get conviction on the build and you go the con route with defiance, youll be a pretty tough cookie to crack.

ive seen and amazing HW/celestial build, i dont see any reason why plain might wouldnt work just as well too

I think I'll go with Pre Int and Rec then.
    You could always build it on the PTS at any level and try it out.
    I have a feeling I did this once, maybe I spent too much time energy building
    and then ended up using the ranged powers of Celestial most of the time anyway.
    Or maybe I was too much a healer/bleeder and less of a healer/brick.

Yeah, maybe I should try it in the PTS. I totally forget that place exists and I can level to 40 in just one click.

Should I use Celestial attacks or Radiant sorcery instead of Might if this doesn't work??

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • reddestshirtreddestshirt Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It is probably too late now, but incase you are still working on things...

I have a radically different approach to this with my own character. Healing through toughness, it may be suitable for your combination.
    It centers around the excellent synergy between Regeneration and Iniquity to keep your own health high while giving it away to others.

A fair warning, my character is a true hybrid, able to fill any role. She will never be the best healer, the best tank or the best damagedealer. She is close to the top in all fields though.

Now, my specific build is for martial arts. You would have to replace the martial art moves, energy unlock, form and void shift to something that fits with Might.
    I do want to stress the different superstats here. You don't really need very high Presence as long as you can keep your regeneration high. Iniquity has a massive throughput if you don't have to worry about health. A bit of presence though gear is more than enough.
    Dexterity and Intelligence were chosen primarily for the Form and energy reasons, you can replace them as long as you replace the relevant powers.

This is my build, wrong theme and all:
    http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1324GbHMGeh73M0J000J403J503D507Q803DD04A600DJ05K80CK900DB00F20LDL007V002Mod02t43V76

I went ahead and made a cleaned out build here:
    http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1324GbHMGeh0000000000000000Q803J403J503DD0400000000000000000000DL0000002Mod02t43V76
    Just fill in the blanks with things you like.

Molecular Self-Assembly would probably work quite well as an energy unlock here thanks to Conviction.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It is probably too late now, but incase you are still working on things...

I have a radically different approach to this with my own character. Healing through toughness, it may be suitable for your combination.
    It centers around the excellent synergy between Regeneration and Iniquity to keep your own health high while giving it away to others.

A fair warning, my character is a true hybrid, able to fill any role. She will never be the best healer, the best tank or the best damagedealer. She is close to the top in all fields though.

Now, my specific build is for martial arts. You would have to replace the martial art moves, energy unlock, form and void shift to something that fits with Might.
    I do want to stress the different superstats here. You don't really need very high Presence as long as you can keep your regeneration high. Iniquity has a massive throughput if you don't have to worry about health. A bit of presence though gear is more than enough.
    Dexterity and Intelligence were chosen primarily for the Form and energy reasons, you can replace them as long as you replace the relevant powers.

This is my build, wrong theme and all:
    http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1324GbHMGeh73M0J000J403J503D507Q803DD04A600DJ05K80CK900DB00F20LDL007V002Mod02t43V76

I went ahead and made a cleaned out build here:
    http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1324GbHMGeh0000000000000000Q803J403J503DD0400000000000000000000DL0000002Mod02t43V76
    Just fill in the blanks with things you like.

Molecular Self-Assembly would probably work quite well as an energy unlock here thanks to Conviction.

This is amazing!!

Thank you!!

I will try it as soon as I get another slot :wink:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • amazingprotonamazingproton Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ReddestShirt's first build requires slight changes to compensate for levelling, Mostly from 1-8 when you get your first AOE... Took me a while when I realized all i had was 2 heals and 1 EB/heal... just to get 2 levels from 6-8 was about 45 minutes... when i got 100hands it was great. So If you plan to level a new toon with this, please pick a secondary attack and then buy them back after you get to lvl 8, and then follow the build as planned.
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS NOT0FTHISWOR1D\\My Lightning Toon