test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Partial) Release Notes, August 31

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Release Notes
Just a heads-up, these are partial release notes, they do not include C-Store changes. I've heard and responded to your desire for release notes: Going forward, as often as is possible, I will post the release notes sans C-Store changes before the maintenance. I'll go back through after maintenance and add in the changes -- this is because of business considerations.

Nighthawk Event
-Investigate the mystery of Nighthawk's villainous reappearance! Talk to Defender to start gathering evidence.
-Confront a super-villain in the first-ever vehicle dogfight, using the new Hawkwing fighter jet.

Prototype Vehicles
-Three designs of Hawkwing jets available:
*The Hawkwing Interceptor
*The Hawkwing Heavy Fighter
*The Hawkwing Command Ship
-Please note that while these are wildly fun to play with, they are prototypes and are not the final vehicle system that Champions will implement later. The final version will be even better.

Critters:
Fixed combat/power bugs occurring on the following critters
-Serpent Lantern: Viperia
-Menton
-Vikorin The Blind
-Numerous Nemesis critters
-Ripper
-Qwyjibo
-Demonflame: King do Edom
-Nemesis Confrontation: Therakiel
-Nemesis Confrontation: Shadow Destroyer
-Kryptos

UI:
-Fixed teammate headshots that were not showing up
-Fixed numerous instances of headshots no appearing for contacts and critters
-Fixed "Info" heashots that were pixilated/low res

Stability:
-Additional server and client stability improvements
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Have I missed something or is this wrong?

Also, neat. V-hickles. Gonna be neat.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    After this can you guys really look at the supergroup system? It was really really laggy the last few days and buggy. Also got this from it just now Super Group] Super group server is temporarily offline. Please try again in a moment.

[Super Group] Super group server is temporarily offline. Please try again in a moment.

Its gotten to the point some parts of it are not even useable so please take a look into it?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,113 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am so glad Nemesis stuff has been fixed...did not enjoy having my nemesis return and knock me upside my head with Ripper for 300k...
    edited August 2012
    Just a heads-up, these are partial release notes, they do not include C-Store changes. I've heard and responded to your desire for release notes: Going forward, as often as is possible, I will post the release notes sans C-Store changes before the maintenance. I'll go back through after maintenance and add in the changes -- this is because of business considerations.

Nighthawk Event
    -Investigate the mystery of Nighthawk's villainous reappearance! Talk to Defender to start gathering evidence.
    -Confront a super-villain in the first-ever vehicle dogfight, using the new Hawkwing fighter jet.

Prototype Vehicles
    -Please note that while these are wildly fun to play with, they are prototypes and are not the final vehicle system that Champions will implement later. The final version will be even better.

Critters:
    -Menton
    -Vikorin The Blind
    -Ripper
    -Qwyjibo
    -Kryptos

UI:

Stability:

Um, please dont tell me my nemesis is teaming with Therakiel >_<
    edited August 2012
    I forgot to mention a bug I found today in a Medusa Soul Siphon Alert. I was flying as my tempest AT in the alert and everyone got kicked leaving me with Medusa...by myself, I had to use a combination of extreme range and heal packs to kill her, which I must say I am proud of..but..it shouldnt of happened...her hp took a massive nerf once everyone left which might of explained why she died so fast.
  • d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love you guys, but i rlly am hoping that some of these bugs will be fixed tomorrow. Not meaning to be rude, its just the bugs since the last few updates have been bad and messing up messing up the game in ways that make it harder to play.
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2012
    Also got this from it just now Super Group] Super group server is temporarily offline. Please try again in a moment.

We're working on this one; hopefully the update tomorrow will resolve this.

I love you guys, but i rlly am hoping that some of these bugs will be fixed tomorrow. Not meaning to be rude, its just the bugs since the last few updates have been bad and messing up messing up the game in ways that make it harder to play.

I think we can all agree that we hope tomorrow's update fixes many of the recent issues. The dev team has been working hard all week to get those fixes prepped and ready for tomorrow.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just the fact that you are responding gets a massive thumbs up Turtle.

Even just a 'Hey, heads up guys, we're doing X right now' can seriously improve morale. Keep that playerbase, keep the income, amirite?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just the fact that you are responding gets a massive thumbs up Turtle.

Even just a 'Hey, heads up guys, we're doing X right now' can seriously improve morale. Keep that playerbase, keep the income, amirite?

Yes. Yes you are right. You are very right indeed!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The nemesis confrontation in whiteout is bugged aswell.I noticed, that if you destroy every turret before you start attacking cyberlord, your nemesis won't bug out at all.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thankies, Turtle. These update notices are lovely.
  • thetwilightedthetwilighted Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Fingers crossed...
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'll add my voice to those who've said that just simply saying "We're aware. We're working on it." gives a huge boost to customer morale. Thank you!

I have a question, but I suspect I'll know the answer pretty quickly even if you don't give me an answer right away: when you say 'nemesis critters'- are you referring to minions or to the actual nemeses themselves?
    edited August 2012
    sanmerci wrote: »
    I'll add my voice to those who've said that just simply saying "We're aware. We're working on it." gives a huge boost to customer morale. Thank you!

I have a question, but I suspect I'll know the answer pretty quickly even if you don't give me an answer right away: when you say 'nemesis critters'- are you referring to minions or to the actual nemeses themselves?

Your nemesis is beneath you..so therefore they are nothing but small insignificant critters!:eek:

:biggrin:

But in all seriousnes I hope that it is actual nemesis that we created.
  • sfcodysfcody Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm hoping Valerian Scarlet's "Unholy Flame" encounter gets looked at soon as well.

In other news: FBI Werewolf gets fighter jet! Pew pew pew!
  • d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thnks for the notes and updates, hope i wasn't being rude in my other post, but none of the less you guys are doing a great job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Nighthawk Event

Prototype Vehicles

Critters:
    -Menton
    -Vikorin The Blind
    -Ripper
    -Qwyjibo
    -Kryptos

UI:

Stability:

Excellent, you guys rock! I love the updates

Um, please dont tell me my nemesis is teaming with Therakiel >_<

= 100% win
  • bjswanksbjswanks Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok, something's definitely wrong here. There were more compliments than complaints in this thread!!! Hmmm... I guess it's because we've got a 3 day weekend, and the start of week 1 in the NFL! Yup. That has to be it. Because, come Tuesday, the boards will be filled with the usual temper tantrums and swank put-downs.

So, in lieu of that, I'm sending out the warmest of regards to everyone associated with CO. Enjoy the weekend! I know I am. :biggrin:
  • ruiijiruiiji Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Critters:
    -Ripper
    -Qwyjibo

UI:

I tested Monster Island Crisis about 5 minutes ago and here are my results:

1) Could not find queue if the toon had already completed it (not at Drifter, not "totem pole" in MI, not sure where it is) - Test fail
    2) Successfully queued "virgin" toon (solo) - Test pass
    3) Successfully defeated Ripper - Test pass
    4) Qwyjibo combat fails -- Telelosaurus has NO KB RESIST. It is hilarious how Qwyjibo's KB knocks T flying, landing 300 ft away. Unfortunately, this also means that T's health resets to full. - Test fail
    5) Teleios battle or test if MI crisis mission completes - could not test

So, 2/3 there, but not complete bug fix. New critter bug and MI regression test scenario still fails (Telelosaurus critter, missing queue for toons who have already completed the mission).

Critters:
    -Vikorin The Blind

Test Fail: I entered the Andrith Ruins lair. On getting to Vikorin, he continually spams his mega hold attack (the one where he says "Your pathetic superpowers are no match for Lemurian sorcery."). This spam started almost immediately into the fight, with his health at around 5/6 full.

MI, nemcon, and Andrith are fairly fast to test. The rest of the criter's lairs are long and drawn out. So I'm stopping my testing here. (Might do nemcon but I think that's been tested and pestilence critters are still bugged). Good luck on the next release, and keep the info flowing.

If this refers to the Luther Black fight in Demonflame, that is still not behaving properly. Black is still summoning multiple adds instead of just one, is still using a shield he didn't have before, and I'm pretty sure I actually won the fight, but got the You Lose cutscene anyway.
  • keaixiankeaixian Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I do not know whether it was this patch or the previous one, but making Gravitar's energy form impossible to strip by means of Skarn's Bane pretty much turned Grimoires into dead weight for that alert.

Way to go.
    edited September 2012
    keaixian wrote: »
    I do not know whether it was this patch or the previous one, but making Gravitar's energy form impossible to strip by means of Skarn's Bane pretty much turned Grimoires into dead weight for that alert.

Way to go.

Oh wow...I am glad I read this..thank you..you saved me a nightmare in Zen...I was going to retcon my Tempest back into a Grimore to be useful in Gravitar...but...since this nerf to Skarns..I guess I'll stick with ranged DPS