test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes, August 30

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2012 in Release Notes
Release notes for Champions Online, August 30.

Critters:
-Fixed Gravitar powers balance

Stability:
-Fixed Guild-related crashes.
-Various stability improvements that should reduce client and game server crashes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah Turtle...is there more bug fixes comeing because that is nothing compared to what is broken.
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It does seem a little meagre, however, I am happy that some things got fixed :biggrin: Well done guys.

Would the "-Various stability improvements that should reduce client and game server crashes" also fix the random disconnects that players are reporting? I would think that would be the game server crashes but just making sure.
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While I'm glad to see that the connectivity issues are being addressed, the content is still buggy as all get-out and is still a big source of frustration. It's a step in the right direction, to be sure, but I know I'd like to see more results.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    kittyanon wrote: »
    While I'm glad to see that the connectivity issues are being addressed, the content is still buggy as all get-out and is still a big source of frustration. It's a step in the right direction, to be sure, but I know I'd like to see more results.
    Just choosing this as the latest example, not picking on you in particular, but -

Seriously, people, it's like the official just fired the starting gun for the marathon, and you're all upset because nobody's crossed the finish line yet! I speak from severe experience when I tell you that it's not always immediately obvious what part of your most recent patch broke something completely unrelated in the existing software. And judging by what happened the first time the NA stuff was rolled out, y'all wouldn't be treating them any better if they'd just rolled back to a previous point again...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syntaxes wrote: »
    It does seem a little meagre, however, I am happy that some things got fixed :biggrin: Well done guys.

This is what I said.

jonsills wrote: »
    Just choosing this as the latest example, not picking on you in particular, but -

Seriously, people, it's like the official just fired the starting gun for the marathon, and you're all upset because nobody's crossed the finish line yet! I speak from severe experience when I tell you that it's not always immediately obvious what part of your most recent patch broke something completely unrelated in the existing software. And judging by what happened the first time the NA stuff was rolled out, y'all wouldn't be treating them any better if they'd just rolled back to a previous point again...

I dont see any compliment in YOUR post good sir!
    :tongue:
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jonsills wrote: »

Perhaps it isn't -immediately- obvious. But the community has been pointing out the bugs in the patch for the past week since it's been released, and even beforehand on the PTS before it was released when it got pushed through anyway. I'm not trying to point fingers or get into an argument. I'm saying that I hope to see much more improvement.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    IT helps to have a tough shell some days. .so just get some pop corn a ginseng honey jasmine tea
    and watch a video {Storm Trooper in Tokyo To Song Dont say Lazy.. seems to fit
    http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7khQqj9QNyIA0ChXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1am9kam84BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2FjM​gR2dGlkA01TWTAwN18xMjg-/SIG=120rvs9ok/EXP=1346378448/**http%3a//www.youtube.com/watch%3fv=13xO12Up2UQ
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Someone in Zone today said something to the effect that they should shut the server down for a day and fix everything.

As if there was one big cake and during the two hour downtown they stuck
    their fingers in it and fluffed it up and filled in some missing spots with icing,
    stacked candles on it and then served it up for thousands to devour.

You all know about the cake.