test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Items to Find/Buy/Grind?

syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Items and Crafting
So I just hit level 40 with my latest character (Azer) I have a couple other level 40's but this is the one that I care about (aka the strongest).

The problem I am having is I need to get my stats up, only my ego is over 200, and thats not by much. I have heard of people having over 500 in some stats and would like to know - short of AoPM, what is the best route? I have the non-physical damage boost gear but its pretty crappy, if I equip it then i can push my stats a little higher (SS around 200/210 about).

I know I just need to run a few missions or AP's to pick up some blue 40 gear, but what is the best place? And is the Silver champion token gear worth it or could I find something better?

On another note - any word on if running elite is better for drops? (Not the main topic of my thread, I know there is another thread on this right below but its not very helpful :rolleyes: )

2 more things:

1.) I refuse to take AoPM - its just a matter of principle, and it doesnt fit my toon.

2.) I am not looking for the 'easiest' way to get loot, I am looking for the BEST loot, I can solo pretty good, and I have strong friends :biggrin:

@Syntaxkid
Post edited by syntaxes on

Comments

• beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syntaxes wrote: »
    And is the Silver champion token gear worth it or could I find something better?

Its worth it, and not hard to get. So just do your daily Unity Mission to get the tokens and
    also collect some Mods.

Also don't care if people brag with 500+ on a stat. That are just very specific builds. My chars
    mostly have have more something like 300 DEX or EGO, 200 CON , 160 REC and do fine with
    that since i don't care about max damage but more about a character that is good balanced :wink:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Grind out the Unity and Unity 2 missions for a couple of days to get Silver Champion recognition.

You can trade in this recognition at the Recognition Vendor for some great primary purple gear, which allows you to add 50+ to two stats and then some.

Check it out.
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    royalflvsh wrote: »
    Grind out the Unity and Unity 2 missions for a couple of days to get Silver Champion recognition.

You can trade in this recognition at the Recognition Vendor for some great primary purple gear, which allows you to add 50+ to two stats and then some.

Check it out.
    And just in case you're not familiar with the "UNITY2" pre-requisites :wink:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012

But...... Vibora Bay is boring :(

Ah well.... Had to go there sometime I guess
    edited August 2012
    But...... Vibora Bay is boring :(

Ah well.... Had to go there sometime I guess

You can ignore Unity 2 .. it just takes 6 days Unity 1 in the end for 3 primaries if you have
    only one level 40 character.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ya'll forgot to mention I would be sent to vibora bay anyway for Unity 1 ^.^

But its ok, I forgive you :cool:. Its just so.....meh
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    But...... Vibora Bay is boring...
    Personally, i find VB quite convienent :biggrin:

All the "perks" (bank, AH, mail, NEM, etc) are all in one location :tongue:
    (not to mention the "jet" is alot closer to access)

It's where i store all my alt's (with acccess) :wink:
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    royalflvsh wrote: »
    Grind out the Unity and Unity 2 missions for a couple of days to get Silver Champion recognition...
    Thanks for the Link Angelofcaine. Are there any advantages to doing U2 missions over U1 missions other than more variety in the grind? Do you get more SC or other rewards? Are they faster/take more time?

I've done U1 missions, and have heard of U2s, but hadn't done them.

As for the OP: You can actually do pretty well with Blue-Quality craftable gear, purchased fairly cheapy off the Exchange (except Primary Utility, which for some reason is MIA). But if you're looking for the best Primaries, then I agree with others here, get your SC Purples and some Tier 4-5 mods (or better, if you got 'em, but unneeded, I think), and away you go.

I usually fill my secondaries with Blue (+18 for two stats) or Purple (+20 for two stats) Quality gear items that I find via drops or off the Exchange. You can get Purple Quality Secondaries from the Q-Store, but they are very expensive, so I haven't tried them myself yet, and I've read mixed reviews on the value/worth of the results.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Unity 2 is like most VB missions. Its a long single chain of connected missions. Youll do a lot of crypt crawling. Instead of globe trotting.

Some of the crypts can be really long and drawn out. But with a strong room clearing DPS build you can move pretty quick and no lost time traveling from mission to mission.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Unity 2 is like most VB missions. Its a long single chain of connected missions. Youll do a lot of crypt crawling. Instead of globe trotting...
    Do you get SC for each link or "pitstop" along the chain, or only when you complete the chain?
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
    edited August 2012
    Yea, at the end of each link in the chain youll get your points.

They pretty much follow the same pattern.

Talk to Whisper, get the mission to consult the spirit guide.
    Run crypt one and get your points. This leads deeper into the crypt.
    Run crypt two and get your points. Talk to the Guide. Guide sends you to one of the four elemental paths.
    Start new crypt, fight to the end, get points. Move to next level.
    Continue on level 2, fight to the end, get points. Move on to next level.
    Continue on level 3, fight to the end, defeat boss, get points.
    Return to Whisper. Get a random VB prelude mission as mission capstone. This is the only traveling you'll have to do outside of the crypts. Mission will always be in VB. Complete mission for final points.

In the end you get the same number of missions, 5 plus the final capstone. And end up with the same number of points as UNITY 1
  • ruiijiruiiji Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    FWIW, I can finish the entire Unity 2 chain in ~30 minutes with a good DPS'er.

BUT, the end-cap "Foxbat There and Bat Again" mission is persistently bugged (they fix it, they break it, they fix it, then break it again ad nauseum). And it rewards 10 of the total 18 SCR that you would receive. Additionally, the Taffy Winters end-cap mission will add another 10 minutes or so to that average.

I still prefer to run Unity 2 just because I dislike wasting travel and load times.
    ruiiji wrote: »

BUT, the end-cap "Foxbat There and Bat Again" mission is persistently bugged (they fix it, they break it, they fix it, then break it again ad nauseum). And it rewards 10 of the total 18 SCR that you would receive. Additionally, the Taffy Winters end-cap mission will add another 10 minutes or so to that average.

I still prefer to run Unity 2 just because I dislike wasting travel and load times.

There is a work around for the foxbat mission. Seems it can hang up if you partially damage objects during the fight. for some reason, once damaged they get flagged as aggressive. Mission wont progress while there are aggressive mobs on the map.

Simple fix, if you damage it...KILL it. Kill it completely, clear all the damaged objects and the mission will progress as normal.
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is a work around for the foxbat mission. Seems it can hang up if you partially damage objects during the fight. for some reason, once damaged they get flagged as aggressive. Mission wont progress while there are aggressive mobs on the map.

Simple fix, if you damage it...KILL it. Kill it completely, clear all the damaged objects and the mission will progress as normal.

GREAT discovery sockmunkey, the whole community of UNITY farmers thank you for it. At least now I have something to do that although bugged can be overcome.
    edited August 2012
    I cant take credit for it. I believe it was discovered by AngelofCaine. Ive just seen him post it in other places a number of times. And felt it was best to share the wisdom. :biggrin:
    edited August 2012

Sorry to burst your bubble. I've tried this workaround (ie. "destroy EVERYTHING, ESPECIALLY THE DRILLING MACHINE") on the last Foxbat mission instance I got bugged. Did not work. You can try, and if it does work, good for you! (and please post it!) For now, I will just continue to log bugs whenever I run into it (probably copy and paste my post below).

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163811
    GREAT discovery sockmunkey, the whole community of UNITY farmers thank you for it. At least now I have something to do that although bugged can be overcome.
    I cant take credit for it. I believe it was discovered by AngelofCaine. Ive just seen him post it in other places a number of times. And felt it was best to share the wisdom. :biggrin:
    Sorry to burst your bubble. I've tried this workaround (ie. "destroy EVERYTHING, ESPECIALLY THE DRILLING MACHINE") on the last Foxbat mission instance I got bugged. Did not work. You can try, and if it does work, good for you! (and please post it!) For now, I will just continue to log bugs whenever I run into it (probably copy and paste my post below).

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163811
    :confused: Works every time for me :biggrin:
    *shrugs*
    edited August 2012

I prefer the travel timer over killing hundreds of mobs in Unity 2. I don't even do the long
    Unity 1 special missions anymore :wink:

And these 30 minutes are only 6 tokens .. even with travel time i get normally my 13 tokens
    for Unity 1 without special also in 30 minutes. And in the time you need for Foxbat Mission
    or Burn Em Out i can maybe also earn 13 tokens with another character.
    And i also simply hate "Assembling the Antidode" even if that is maybe the fastest special.
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited August 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    And these 30 minutes are only 6 tokens .. even with travel time i get normally my 13 tokens
    for Unity 1 without special also in 30 minutes. And in the time you need for Foxbat Mission
    or Burn Em Out i can maybe also earn 13 tokens with another character.
    And i also simply hate "Assembling the Antidode" even if that is maybe the fastest special.

Just to clarify, 30 minutes is 18 tokens for me. And if I'm lucky enough to find a partner, that drops to 20 minutes for 18 tokens.