test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

build advice on night hawk ?

gravouisgravouis Posts: 25 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Power Discussion
I like some adivce on a good build for night hawk toon ?
one that has good defense and damage cause the night warrior passive skill is only good for damage has hardly any defense values at all.
and I did a search for my last post I made about this request for info. and it was deleted by the mods on here for no reason !
so this one better not get deleted when it is a post for information and help !
or I'll be making a phone call !

and as proof of this post I screenshot it with time and date !
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are you thinking of a Freeform or staying within the AT?
    The reason was probably making douple posts of same thing.
    Ups, i did it again....

And the Night Warrior passive is damage passive, not a defensive one.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wait? this is the same guy who went off in a frothy name calling rage over boomerangs being over powered. Now wants help making....a night hawk type character?

This is a troll, right?
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am looking for help with FreeForm Nigth warrior character. I love the Throwing blade powers but the Claw attacks.... With clawed Bracer costume pieces, the claw weapons take away from the look. (Unless they get smaller, unobtrusive claws mayme like the thoes Tiger claw gloves (Small spike on the palm of the glove).

Any suggestions on a complimentary power for the Throwing Blades (Beastial Supernatural or Dual Blades).

Any suggestions (and why) are welcome.

"Crime will flurish in my city Nevermore quote the NightRaven."
  • gravouisgravouis Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    The reason was probably making douple posts of same thing.
    Ups, i did it again....

And the Night Warrior passive is damage passive, not a defensive one.

nope there was only 1 post made in one section, I;m not some stupid kid.
    I make 1 post in one section only.

and ps freefrom cause I pay monthly I'm a gold member not a cheapo !!
  • gravouisgravouis Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Wait? this is the same guy who went off in a frothy name calling rage over boomerangs before over powered. Now wants help making....a night hawk type character?

This is a troll, right?

I was on a rage kid ? haahaa Nope just a little made cause you cry babies and yes thats all I said to you all was the name cry babies !!

boomrang is night hawks sign weapon for range aoe damage and you gamers which i stated before are crie babies and had it nerfed cause it was doing the same damage as your aoe skills on range toons.
    now you got it nerfed.
    so yes I called you all a bunch of cry babies !!
    and how the hell can night hawk toon now keep up with the other range toons in damage for boss missions and alerts ?
    can't now cause you cry babies had boomrang nerfed !!
    and it was not just the energy cost they edited it was the damage output too.
    now it can't be a good hybird and dps like the others.
    so good going cry babie nerfers...
    I'll peteition to get your favorite toons powers nerfed next !!
    and I got allot friends that will do it.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ummm...

I think I'm beginning to see why your other thread got deleted...

:rolleyes:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why do you think anyone would go to the effort of researching a build for you when you don't even have the most basic social skills?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gravouis wrote: »
    I was on a rage kid ? haahaa Nope just a little made cause you cry babies and yes thats all I said to you all was the name cry babies !!

boomrang is night hawks sign weapon for range aoe damage and you gamers which i stated before are crie babies and had it nerfed cause it was doing the same damage as your aoe skills on range toons.
    now you got it nerfed.
    so yes I called you all a bunch of cry babies !!
    and how the hell can night hawk toon now keep up with the other range toons in damage for boss missions and alerts ?
    can't now cause you cry babies had boomrang nerfed !!
    and it was not just the energy cost they edited it was the damage output too.
    now it can't be a good hybird and dps like the others.
    so good going cry babie nerfers...
    I'll peteition to get your favorite toons powers nerfed next !!
    and I got allot friends that will do it.

Shev? is that you?
  • invinciblegirlinvinciblegirl Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like some adivce on a good build for night hawk toon ?
    one that has good defense and damage cause the night warrior passive skill is only good for damage has hardly any defense values at all.
    and I did a search for my last post I made about this request for info. and it was deleted by the mods on here for no reason !
    so this one better not get deleted when it is a post for information and help !
    or I'll be making a phone call !

and as proof of this post I screenshot it with time and date !

Hey man I believe this is your original post:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=165211.

I didn't search for it i just scrolled down the page.
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think that after such a careful and well thought out post, the least we could do is reply to such a courteous request for assistance in creating a survivable Night Hawk. I think it would be unfair to assume he is an idiot, just because he has created two threads requesting the same information and wrongly claims one was deleted. We wouldn't want him to make a phone call after all, as this might result in even more frustration when he realizes how useless Cryptic's Gone Missings are.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012

This and the linked one are in same section....
    But you sure sound like some stupid kid.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beastmagbeastmag Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ohhhh!! it's shev?
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Corrected:

Nope, there was only one post made in one section, I'm not some stupid kid.
    I make one post, in one section only.

I am a FreeForm!

Hmmmm.... I'm sorry, did you say something? Something about not being a stupid kid? :biggrin:
  • alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Honestly people picking on somebody is not good thing calling names makes you immature. This guy only asked for help and you bring up a post about something else. Really if you guys wanna fight with somebody join my threads if anything should get nerfed it should be the people that start trouble.

For defence on night warrior you really want to stay invis alot of the time.

Powers to think about
    1.Unbreakable
    2.Field surge
    3.Throw in a good heal if you got room
    4. Grab atleast one AoE from Night warrior setup
    5.Stack alot dodge/avoidence with you gear and use Evasive Manuvers*cant spell that one
    6. Smoke Bomb-this is to rehide when in combat for another quick strike
    7.Maybe add Masterful Dodge if your avoidence is already decent
    8.Smoke gernade- this power helps to get away from enemy when in mid combat(grab advatage and maybe rank 2

Your gonna be a weak char with this build in terms of defence however if you can use the element of surprize you can quickly take out groups and Shadow strike the main people for quick kills. Hope this help,s bud and to all you haters honestly stop causen trouble for people asking for help its stuff like this that keeps people from playing this game. Its not hard to be nice if you cant help someone with there post just keep your dumb comments to yourself really not nice.
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am looking for help with FreeForm Nigth warrior character. I love the Throwing blade powers but the Claw attacks.... With clawed Bracer costume pieces, the claw weapons take away from the look. (Unless they get smaller, unobtrusive claws mayme like the thoes Tiger claw gloves (Small spike on the palm of the glove).

Any suggestions on a complimentary power for the Throwing Blades (Beastial Supernatural or Dual Blades).

Any suggestions (and why) are welcome.

"Crime will flurish in my city Nevermore quote the NightRaven."

I'm no DPS expert and I go certain lengths to avoid it...

That being said here is my advice!

Primary Stat:
    Strength(490>MAX< is all you need for the most out of any form)
    Secondary Stats:
    Constitution(high, the second stat can be anything of your choosing)

Powers:
    Energy Builder: Bestial Fury or Boomerang Toss or anything you like..(Since shred and aspect can be taken at any time..in that order..)
    MeleeAttack1: Shred -- Penetrating Strikes (spam the poop out of this when your out of stealth)
    Form: Aspect of Bestial
    Energy Unlock: Supernatural Power(optional..but helps with the form building spam) or Molecular Self-Assembly (Snag INT secondary superstat and gear for critical strike in order to maximize your death machine)
    Passive: Night Warrior -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Active Defense: Resurgence
    Self-Heal: Bountiful Chi Resurgence-- Resurgent Reiki
    Active Defense: Masterful Dodge(also optional..but it doesn't hinder to grab it)
    RangedAttack: Throwing Blades -- Rank 2, Rank 3 (Your, Alright you can see me now, attack)
    Rangedattack: Strafing Run -- Rank 2, Rank 3 (Your alpha-strike, anything left alive means trouble)
    Self-Buff: Imbue -- Rank 2, Rank 3 (Use first before the alpha-strike in order to maximize your death spewing fun!)
    Self-Heal: Conviction -- Rank 2, Rank 3 (Eh optional but it never hurts to have another heal and it also helps with msa)
    >>>>Note: Some are optional choices but overall you may tend to find that building up your form is a tad bit too hard<<<<

Specializations:(Note: This is just a guide-line please don't use this combination as it was dedicated to a tank-build that marebear made long ago)
    Strength: Swole(3/3)
    Strength: Aggression(2/2)
    Strength: Brutality(2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut(3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear(3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless(2/2)
    Warden: Elusive(2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense(3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance(2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless(3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes(3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear(2/2)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery(1/1)

Final thoughts: If you really want an easy-to-use form Shoot for Form of the tempest...but that would mean changing around ALOT in order to achieve it...and losing con/int/str as your SS to focus on

Edit: Oh I forgot the gear part...

Your utility should be cooldown/cost discount (I'd go cooldown as a priority)

Your defense should be dodge/avoidance (avoidance being from the gear and dodge being from gambler)

Your offense...is a toss-up (I'd stick with critical strike w/ critical strike or chance it with critical severity/Offense/Healing and a gambler)

Oh and to make my wall-o-text even long:

You want to start off every fight in stealth. Make sure you use Imbue(if you get it) and Strafing run. (STRAFING RUN DOESN'T CONSUME STEALTH OR IMBUE) then once your ready to really start the fight(assuming something lived) charge up a throwing blades(or hidden strike)and start spamming shred on any remaining mobs. Use your active defense(s) sparingly and try to keep bcrRR up at all times during the out-of-stealth fight. If you can, try to use the terrain to your advantage so you can drop in and out of stealth while using throwing blades. All in all your fight will most likely be over after your alpha-strike so yay?
    edited August 2012
    ayonachan wrote: »
    I'm no DPS expert and I go certain lengths to avoid it...

That being said here is my advice!

Primary Stat:
    Strength(490>MAX< is all you need for the most out of any form)
    Secondary Stats:
    Constitution(high, the second stat can be anything of your choosing)

Powers:
    Energy Builder: Bestial Fury
    Form: Aspect of Bestial
    MeleeAttack1: Shred -- Penetrating Strikes (spam the poop out of this when your out of stealth)
    Energy Unlock: Supernatural Power(optional..but helps with the form building spam) or Molecular Self-Assembly (Snag INT secondary superstat and gear for critical strike in order to maximize your death machine)
    Passive: Night Warrior -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Active Defense: Resurgence
    Self-Heal: Bountiful Chi Resurgence-- Resurgent Reiki
    Active Defense: Masterful Dodge(also optional..but it doesn't hinder to grab it)
    RangedAttack: Throwing Blades -- Rank 2, Rank 3 (Your, Alright you can see me now, attack)
    Rangedattack: Strafing Run -- Rank 2, Rank 3 (Your alpha-strike, anything left alive means trouble)
    Self-Buff: Imbue -- Rank 2, Rank 3 (Use first before the alpha-strike in order to maximize your death spewing fun!)
    Self-Heal: Conviction -- Rank 2, Rank 3 (Eh optional but it never hurts to have another heal and it also helps with msa)
    >>>>Note: Some are optional choices but overall you may tend to find that building up your form is a tad bit too hard<<<<

Not bad but just a couple things:

1.)If you go with BCR + RR you really should go with parry + EM

2.) If you are shooting for criticals, might want to have dex as a SS (using ego/dex is far superior to imbue as far as crit chance and sev go)

3.) Having con as a ss for Night warrior with that many panic buttons seems a little silly - 2 AD and 2 Self heals, as well as con? Seems just a little redundant.

4.) Doesnt dex increase your stealth ability? Seems top priority for a stealthing char :biggrin:

Just a couple things ^.^

Cheers

-Azer

My bad: Stupid quote thing messed up :/
    edited August 2012
    syntaxes wrote: »
    Not bad but just a couple things:

1.)If you go with BCR + RR you really should go with parry + EM

2.) If you are shooting for criticals, might want to have dex as a SS (using ego/dex is far superior to imbue as far as crit chance and sev go)

3.) Having con as a ss for Night warrior with that many panic buttons seems a little silly - 2 AD and 2 Self heals, as well as con? Seems just a little redundant.

4.) Doesnt dex increase your stealth ability? Seems top priority for a stealthing char :biggrin:

Just a couple things ^.^

Cheers

-Azer

My bad: Stupid quote thing messed up :/

1) My gear is very good so I'm pushing DR on dodge/avoidance even before you add in NW's dodge and avoidance buff...though for others maybe not so.

2) Using Ego/Dex does give slightly greater critical severity and a higher critical chance than r3 Imbue(critical chance will be 100% but severity will be at the most 1.16...which is 116% i think...I don't remember..) and also STR and high secondary SS(one of which SHOULD be con in order to benefit from the +def that str spec tree has) but it lowers survivability and the fact that your next attack WILL crit(unless that attack happens to say that it cannot crit)...Ego primary does have a wonderful perk in the spec tree that makes a boost to your non-crit on-next-hits' damage

3)You don't really need 2 ads and 2sh's but remember: Conviction(as well as resurgence) doesn't consume imbue/stealth and strafing run doesn't consume imbue/stealth and no matter what you do, having multiple OH SHII-- powers doesn't hurt!

4)Up to the user, I don't use this build I just slapped the powers on paper and calculated that they are good enough to put in a forum post to that would help another see what procs off what and design their own build...But all your points are valid

One more thing to add! This isn't a pvp build! And I never tested it out!(except the things not consuming imbue, I tested those and sighed to myself when I found it out..)
    edited August 2012
    ayonachan wrote: »
    1) My gear is very good so I'm pushing DR on dodge/avoidance even before you add in NW's dodge and avoidance buff...though for others maybe not so.

2) Using Ego/Dex does give slightly greater critical severity and a higher critical chance than r3 Imbue(critical chance will be 100% but severity will be at the most 1.16...which is 116% i think...I don't remember..) and also STR and high secondary SS(one of which SHOULD be con in order to benefit from the +def that str spec tree has) but it lowers survivability and the fact that your next attack WILL crit(unless that attack happens to say that it cannot crit)...Ego primary does have a wonderful perk in the spec tree that makes a boost to your non-crit on-next-hits' damage

Imbue scales with your con, so having rank three doesnt mean that you will have 1.16 sev (I havent tested it out very much yet - i got really excited when I saw it, then tried it at max rank with like 280 con, but my crit was still sadly lacking, so I dropped it right away.) Very likely I am overlooking something here....

I have good gear that gives dodge/avoidance, but I also have parry with elusive monk....hmmm, I think i might test it out and see how close to DR i am, I never thought I would reach it that fast. Possibly energy shield + Laser knight? I will have to take a look into it
    edited August 2012
    syntaxes wrote: »
    Imbue scales with your con, so having rank three doesnt mean that you will have 1.16 sev (I havent tested it out very much yet - i got really excited when I saw it, then tried it at max rank with like 280 con, but my crit was still sadly lacking, so I dropped it right away.) Very likely I am overlooking something here....

I have good gear that gives dodge/avoidance, but I also have parry with elusive monk....hmmm, I think i might test it out and see how close to DR i am, I never thought I would reach it that fast. Possibly energy shield + Laser knight? I will have to take a look into it

Imbue does scale with you con and the rank of it determines how well...just like resurgence..The highest I could get was 1.16 from imbue while I was mega-stacking con for testing purposes...it was a little before they added in the ability to see it on your character sheet(720ish con should make for 1.16ish imbue) 490 is all the con you need for 83%ish r3 imbue...as well as defiance at 20%

I have the best gear in terms of Dodge/avoidance...meaning that i have a rank 9 gambler in an avoidance silver champion gear... you can push for 80% 90% if you REALLY wanted to but my 45% and 64% works just fine...or at least i think it was 45/64 dodge/avoidance but I haven't really cared to check...I dislike energy shield's effect so I won't ever use it but it is a very good alternative to EM

Ranking up your block helps more than you think...which is sad because I believe they never fixed the things that prevented people from using block even when they hold down the key...
    edited August 2012
    My last reply got deleted, seems there ARE dev's stalking the forums, (mad cause we hijacked the thread?)
    Just too bad they cant show some support for the players instead of just sulking in here.

You make sure to go ahead and delete this one too :rolleyes:
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Needs more eye beams.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • thedarkshadowenthedarkshadowen Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If you're mixing Ricochet Throw, Throwing Blades and melee, are you better off going Concentration or Form of the Tempest?

Would Str be better as a super-stat (as in Str/Con/Dex), or should you go something like Dex/Con/Ego and talent and gear for Str?
  • lo1processorlo1processor Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Shev? is that you?

I went into this thread looking for who knows what, and came out laughing IRL. LOL!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily processing LOL's for over 300 days and counting . . .