test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts about Electromagnetism Build

promytheanpromythean Posts: 53 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Power Discussion
Anyone remember Coldcast from DC's Elite or Captain Triumph? Ah well... Just wondering on how I could go about someone Super Strength and Electromagnetism. I'm figuring Might, Force and TK. Thoughts?
Stealing Fire from the gods...
Post edited by promythean on

Comments

• Options
    konru2konru2 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ah, that sounds a lot like me. Although my magnetic inspiration has more been Magneto with a side of electricity throwing more than anything else.

For a basic electricity theme, I find that Electric Bolt, Lightning Arc, and Sparkstorm with Electric Personality as the first three powers will have the hero looking like an electromaster even with nothing else spent in the electricity set. The advantaged Sparkstorm is itself worthy of special mention. You can use it to add extra damage and an electricity theme to almost anything. The only catch is that is has a random knockback effect, which some people might find annoying.

"Magnetically" shielding allies from damage is simple, but you don't have too much of a choice here. You have either Protection Field or Mindful Reinforcement. I prefer to use Mindful Reinforcement with a side of Psionic Healing. Optional, but fun, Bionic Shielding with Overloaded Circuits can do electrical damage to anybody striking the shielded target. Combine with Mindful Reinforcement and a bit of creative key binding two throw both with a key press, and your shield can look more electric. You will need some very good energy management stats to keep that going, however.

The Telekinesis set I find to be just plain awful at actual telekinesis. It's more of a Psylocke or Green Lantern style of creating phantom weapons out of thin air more than actually moving things. For tearing up the environment to throw at opponents, Earth is a lot more satisfying. I particularly like Cave In against single targets. For tearing up opponents and throwing them at the environment, Force delivers. I find Force Cascade is just too much fun. But it's something else that needs spectacular energy management. (Also, the uninitiated might mistake you for being a serious about PvP, given the current FotM.)
  • Options
    promytheanpromythean Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks. Will give that a look see.
    Stealing Fire from the gods...