test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No knockback?

syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Power Discussion
So I decided this was probably the best place for this thread (although I do want input from the PvP community)

I have a tk blades build, and he is on his way to becoming extremley powerful (just need my last piece of gear) My only problem is, I need knockback resist - once I get 3 stacks of it I usually win. However, more often then not I get knocked out of the ring, to the point where I have to re - challenge someone 2 or 3 times before I'm just like, ok ok you win, I'll come back when they get bigger rings :biggrin: Some of the players in this game are so insanely strong its hard to not take flying lessons (or get b**** slapped accross the ring:eek:)

So what is the best way to resist this? My SS are Ego/Dex/Con, and it works wonderful for me right now. Would stacking strength on my secondary's be the best way?

The last piece of gear I need is my Primary Utility so I think I can get the Heroic piece that helps with resisting this stuff, but which one is the best?

Thanks for any help guys :cool:
Post edited by syntaxes on

Comments

• secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tk blades don't synergize with str, so unless you're willing to sacrifice most of that ego scaling you will find it hard to fit a decent amount of strength.

My dedicated pvpers shoot for over 200 str, and they're all range and getting absolutely no dmg scaling from str to give you an idea.
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    Tk blades don't synergize with str, so unless you're willing to sacrifice most of that ego scaling you will find it hard to fit a decent amount of strength.

Str gives melee damage.... I am melee lol ^.^

Anyway, I could get around 90ish pretty easy with secondary's, thats another 90% resist to knockback at least.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syntaxes wrote: »
    Str gives melee damage.... I am melee lol ^.^

Ego blades scale off Ego though, not Str.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited August 2012
    Ego blades scale off Ego though, not Str.

Yes but melee damage in general still scales with str

Ranged scales off Ego, Melee scales off str

Its a little messed up I know, but I swear to you its true lol str always gives a boost to melee damage (even mine)
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syntaxes wrote: »
    Yes but melee damage in general still scales with str

Ranged scales off Ego, Melee scales off str

Its a little messed up I know, but I swear to you its true lol str always gives a boost to melee damage (even mine)

Yes, but the boost to Ego blades from STR is so minuscule that it honestly doesn't benefit you at all. I have a TK blades build as well that I tried stacking STR on to get knock resist, and at around 200 STR you only see a benefit of about 1% damage increase to Ego Blades abilities. They arn't calculated like other melee skills. While they still benefit from STR it's hardly noticeable.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    edited August 2012
    raighn wrote: »
    Yes, but the boost to Ego blades from STR is so minuscule that it honestly doesn't benefit you at all. I have a TK blades build as well that I tried stacking STR on to get knock resist, and at around 200 STR you only see a benefit of about 1% damage increase to Ego Blades abilities. They arn't calculated like other melee skills. While they still benefit from STR it's hardly noticeable.

Agreed, I tested this out late last night and found it wasnt worth it at all.
    Pity they get knocked around the ring so much, once they get 3 stacks or knock resist they are unbeatable :cool: