test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All-Points Bulletin: Beware Nighthawk

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2012 in Super News Network
ALL-POINTS BULLETIN - ATTENTION ALL UNITS.

The vigilante alias "Nighthawk" is wanted for violent and criminal acts in Millennium City. Report all contact with the vigilante, and engage and subdue if possible.

Link to the blog post

[Note: This is lore, folks. As you know, the full Nighthawk event is not live... yet. :biggrin:]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• solunitussolunitus Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hows that coming by the way? I kinda thought that the NA AT would be in test for longer, but whammo. Surprise release today. Not a big fan of the vehicles so far, but looks like I'm going to be disappointed no matter what. Give me Cape Glide though, and we're square.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Link's busted.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • reinweibritterreinweibritter Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    solunitus wrote: »
    Hows that coming by the way? I kinda thought that the NA AT would be in test for longer, but whammo. Surprise release today. Not a big fan of the vehicles so far, but looks like I'm going to be disappointed no matter what. Give me Cape Glide though, and we're square.

The AT may not have been in test long, but the powers themselves were up for ages.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Link's busted.

Link wasn't busted. Links are never busted! Totally... never... busted. Totally not.

Thanks for pointing it out, I appreciate it.
  • frost3511frost3511 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm excited about it, none-the-less, but people are complaining onnn and onnn about it, that its getting kind of over-hyped.
  • spacecatlivesspacecatlives Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am enjoying all the little articles that have been up lately.
  • ratchetman2ratchetman2 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    they just did an update to the game, is the full event released yet?:confused:
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    they just did an update to the game, is the full event released yet?:confused:

No. This latest patch added the Night Avenger AT and the various boomerang/gadgeteering/night warrior powers.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ristar2ristar2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i find Nighthawk to the mission bank robery in the end :eek: :eek:
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ristar2 wrote: »
    i find Nighthawk to the mission bank robery in the end :eek: :eek:

was that his new alert?
    yeah it appears he does have an alert,tried it the other day,its kind of funny how the announcer says Nighthawk?...ALERT.

Aside from all gameplay,it was pretty awesome to see a little bit of lore in a site post by devs,
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    ...yeah it appears he does have an alert,tried it the other day,its kind of funny how the announcer says Nighthawk?...ALERT....
    I wondered myself why all the text in that Alert has "Nighthawk?" ... What's with the question mark attached to his name?

So, are there new powers with this Nighthawk release that a Freeform can use, or only if I select the AT? And what are the powers of the AT?

So far I'm rather confused by the Nighthawk Hype and lack of actual Nighthawk content in the game... I think it's overhyping too early... And I've noticed all kinds of strange new bugs since the last update... What's up with that?

Cryptic is as Cryptic does, I guess.
    :rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its like the Hi-pan alert. There was a week of mysterious missions leading up to the event.
    This is the same. A few questionable alerts with a possible villain nighthawk will make more sense when the actual mission arrives that allows you to decide if he is good or bad.

Probably not the best way to build lore, but its still kinda fun that they are trying to make the events more then just a one shot deal.

As far as the new powers, they are available to free forms. Mixed in with Martial Arts and Gadgeteering.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm beginning to think he's a bad guy. Just as soon as he shows up in the game, everything ends up broken. I say bring him down, you are weapons free, lethal force authorized.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am enjoying all the little articles that have been up lately.

Me too! ^_^ Looks like TrailTurtle is having fun with this one too. It's about time the lore of the game got some focus...

Now if we could only get bug fixes and new explorable content... That would be really something!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    First "Nighthawk?" alert I saw was a Two-Minute Drill.

My reaction: "So, Nighthawk is holding the Mayor hostage? I knew that chiseler Bisselle was secretly a supervillain!"
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    im under the impression that nighthawk is a goodguy, an "anti"hero, and the one doing all of the crimes is an impostor
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
    edited August 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Its like the Hi-pan alert. There was a week of mysterious missions leading up to the event.
    This is the same. A few questionable alerts with a possible villain nighthawk will make more sense when the actual mission arrives that allows you to decide if he is good or bad.

Probably not the best way to build lore, but its still kinda fun that they are trying to make the events more then just a one shot deal.

As far as the new powers, they are available to free forms. Mixed in with Martial Arts and Gadgeteering.

It's like the Good Old Comic Series. Only now the missions are tied to Alerts. Everything is tied to Alerts.
    Rest in pieces Comic Series.
    edited August 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    im under the impression that nighthawk is a goodguy, an "anti"hero, and the one doing all of the crimes is an impostor

It's Foxbat, in disguise.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »

Yeah, same. I mean look at the way he stands without camera focus on him..he stands like a Zombie or a psychic teleioclone.
  • guardianpalguardianpal Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    (Sorry about that but I have to steam it out -I saw I wasn't alone in different chats-... So incoming semi-constructive rant.)

Return to us the Stealth/sneak power! Please?

I don't mind about the new buff power I don't want the assasin part tied it to it.

There are numerous character concepts that have invisibility, sneak, way to be undetected without to have the ninja, murderer framework outside and many players that can't use sneak anymore despite it coming with that buff it is tied to an that new ability to kill from the shadows.

Their characters use other buffs and are over all well constructed around their concept and this looks like Gold based characters or Freeform slot based characters are now penalised to just stick to Archetypes... and hack and slash mentalities that feels sometimes like going away from the Superhero concept.

I do hope this is not a new trend of the game. It built its reputation upon customization and it is how it attracted players... Now, I'm ashamed to refer new players to it because it loses more and more of its custumizing possibilities, well integrated materials (not to mention cumulating bugs) and on-line help and presence from the devs, Gold and Silver acounts alike.

Many things in the additions are good, but why breaking also what was working fine as counterpart everytime? I'm starting to feel playing Superhero dollhouse with costumes and having to shut-up whenever a bug comes up because tickets goes unanswered... I'm wondering if even players comments are read or if that new dev team is just playing solo.