test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wich AT it's better?

thizithizi Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Power Discussion
Hello everyone i was playing as Tempest.Today i decided to buy a new premium AT and i would like to know wich one of these are better at moment to PVP, and PVE and why:
Disciple
Mountain
Squall
Impulse

THANKS!
AND
Sorry for my bad english btw
Post edited by thizi on

Comments

• darkdensitydarkdensity Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thizi wrote: »
    Hello everyone i was playing as Tempest but i decided to buy a new AT and i would like to know wich of these are better at moment and why:
    Disciple
    Mountain
    Squall
    Impulse

Sorry for my bad english btw

Disciple - Melee, crits, dps
    Mountain - Tank-ish, ranged/melee, knockbacks, knockups
    Squall - ranged, Knock backs, dps, holds
    Impulse - ranged, knockbacks, shield, could off tank, knock ups

pretty much the one that fits your playstyle will suit you.
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd say Disciple, hands down. It's the only one with a semi-reliable self-heal (Ego Weaponry's Siphoning Strikes advantage), and it's set up to do some really potent damage, as well.

The others will just end up being frustrating thanks to their complete lack of regeneration.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • thizithizi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Disciple - Melee, crits, dps
    Mountain - Tank-ish, ranged/melee, knockbacks, knockups
    Squall - ranged, Knock backs, dps, holds
    Impulse - ranged, knockbacks, shield, could off tank, knock ups

pretty much the one that fits your playstyle will suit you.

Thank you! I've heard some people saying that Impulse was Nerfed and Disciple is lame.Is this true or just bull$hit?
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you! I've heard some people saying that Impulse was Nerfed and Disciple is lame.Is this true or just bull$hit?

I'm not sure what the general opinions are on each specific Archetype, but just looking at the powers directly, Disciple would be far from lame. Unless they're saying it as in "too easy". XD The powers chosen are pretty much top-notch for dealing damage and getting criticals. And that means higher heals on Ego Weaponry. If you build it right, you could likely get around 80% critical hit chance and 100%+ critical severity with Ego Weaponry, making you heal hard, and heal often.

Ego Leech gives 5% critical chance per stack on Ego Weaponry, up to 25%.
    Mental Discipline gives an extra 2% critical chance per Ego Leech, up to 10%.
    Ego specializations give you a huge amount of severity and decent critical chance.
    Dexterity gives the bulk of your critical chance.
    Vindicator specializations can add 6% single-target critical chance and 15% severity.
    Brawler can add 10% severity and boost the damage of your single-target and combo attacks.

Then add in the damage boost from a charged Telekinetic Eruption... The damage, Ego, and critical rate (if you take the Nimble Mind advantage) on Ego Surge... And the Paranormal damage resistance debuff on Ego Blade Breach, if you take that. With all those things together, you will tear stuff apart with ease, and survive incredibly well on top of that.

Impulse, on the other hand, lacks any sort of self-heal. Your only self-defense comes in the form of Protection Field, which you'll have no Presence to boost, meaning it will shield very little. Possibly Personal Force Field as a passive, should you choose it, but that power is widely regarded as one of the worst passives in the game.

To top it off, you don't have a single attack power that doesn't send the enemy flying, thus cutting down on not only your own damage output, but the damage output of your allies, as well.

The only saving grace of Impulse is Force Cascade, which has the highest one-hit damage in the game. However, it has an incredibly high energy cost, and given the Impulse's lack of Recovery as a Superstat, your energy equilibrium will be low, and you won't be able to use it at the beginning of combat. Furthermore, you'll have no damage-boosting Form such as Concentration or Mental Discipline, and so the damage will be way, way lower than it could be.

Hopefully that helps a bit. XD
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Disciple is amazing damage, and yeah the self heal can actually be really REALLY useful. Definitely the best of any of those picks.

The impulse nerfs itself when you force cascade, and the other option if you don't wanna do that is the atrocious pff. Plus, prepare for nerd rage because of your knocks. Squall's actually pretty decent, too, though. Less self healing than disciple (i.e.: none) and not as much single target dps, but the crowd control is rather fantastic when leveling.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • thizithizi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guys Thank YOU for your attention ! :biggrin:
    i'll buy TK-blades (Disciple)
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2012

The impulse received the weakest toggle power in the game. Its biggest attack turns off its passive power. Yeah, might want to be careful about this one.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • masterarukamasteraruka Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    with my Squall i have defeated with a back tied in my back everyone of the other AT`s you mentioned

electric sheat gives you a nice survability with the shield, and your repels will keep melees spaming the lunge buttom, not that it matters since you only need a tap to blow them 50 feets away.

you also posses your own version of force geyser (updraft) and Typhoon is just a "you`re dead" buttom, being able to crit up to 18k with focus stacked and 12k when not

but right now imo, i think the new avuenger AT will be very nice pvper too, considering its altmost perma stealth, and a attack that does over 10k "non" crit if hit while in stealth.

that night avenguer seems like a complete unleashed for me (range capabilities, and the missing unleashed lunge)
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    with my Squall i have defeated with a back tied in my back everyone of the other AT`s you mentioned

electric sheat gives you a nice survability with the shield, and your repels will keep melees spaming the lunge buttom, not that it matters since you only need a tap to blow them 50 feets away.

you also posses your own version of force geyser (updraft) and Typhoon is just a "you`re dead" buttom, being able to crit up to 18k with focus stacked and 12k when not

but right now imo, i think the new avuenger AT will be very nice pvper too, considering its altmost perma stealth, and a attack that does over 10k "non" crit if hit while in stealth.

that night avenguer seems like a complete unleashed for me (range capabilities, and the missing unleashed lunge)

Night Avenger is going to be completely susceptible to PBAoEs and DoTs, specifically the Cursed/Scourge and the Squall, the blade will also do nicely if they stack perception gear, same with anything using Int, like the marksman, stack enough Int (about 200) and you can totally see through Sneak. (Perception gear each point of perception is the equivalent of 1 point of int, so its very easy to exceed 200 perception through gear).