test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.30.20120820.1 PTS Update

2»

Comments

• ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wouldn't make sense because everyone is probably getting a vehicle whether they want one or not.

Which doesn't address my point.

1) Do we know that vehicles will be free for everyone ?

2) If people who dont want a vehicle will be excluded from some content in the game, would it not be fair to exclude people who do want a vehicle from other content ?

Personally I do not think that excluding customers from content because a specific become device doesn't fit their character concept, particularly in a game starving for content to the degree that CO is, is a good idea.

Really the whole concept goes against every precedent set in CO to date.

1) You dont have to buy/use any specific become device in order to play Serpent Lantern

2) You dont have to build your character using mysticism powers, or use a become super mage device to play through Demonflame.

etc.

Also consider that the release of become devices has never been accompanied by content that excluded everyone who chose not to use that device.

It handles it well enough in the sense how bad melee sucks in comparison to a ranged build :P

Well, that aspect of the logic does hold up I guess : )

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I already hate vehicles.. they distract from my crowd control bug fixes
  • solunitussolunitus Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »

2) If people who dont want a vehicle will be excluded from some content in the game, would it not be fair to exclude people who do want a vehicle from other content ?

Personally I do not think that excluding customers from content because a specific become device doesn't fit their character concept, particularly in a game starving for content to the degree that CO is, is a good idea.

1) You dont have to buy/use any specific become device in order to play Serpent Lantern

2) You dont have to build your character using mysticism powers, or use a become super mage device to play through Demonflame.

etc.

Also consider that the release of become devices has never been accompanied by content that excluded everyone who chose not to use that device.

You have to drive a giant mech in Resistance...
    edited August 2012
    solunitus wrote: »
    You have to drive a giant mech in Resistance...

No you don't. You can certainly choose to however.

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    PTS update FC.30.20120820.1

Greetings!

More fixes, and 'quality-of-life' improvements have been made to the Nighhawk mission, and Hawkwing vehicles.
    Also, we've upped the amount of Questionite rewarded to winners of PvP matches.

Thanks you, and we eagerly wait your feedback!

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
    Bug
    Where it happens
    What happens

PvP:
    -PVP:Arenas now grant 350 Questionite per win

HawkWing Vehicles:
    -Vehicles: Nighthawk jets should only explode on death now, rather then whenever they are cancelled.

-Added banking animations to vehicles!

Nighhawk mission:
    -"Concrete Evidence" rewards will now drop for every player on a team
    -Fixed issue that should resolve issues with critters falling through rooftops

Known Issues:
    -Nighthawk mission is still a work in progress, and does no currently have final audio or cutscenes.

I'm really sorry but this made me laugh so much xD
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No you don't. You can certainly choose to however.

Right, and be a totally useless leech to your team. Just like you can in vehicle instances.

You would know that if you did the new lair which involves a vehicle bossfight. I did it the first time without even picking up a vehicle from the debugger on my dual blades toon with teleport and acrobatics. Needless to say i was totally ****ing useless during the fight because the enemy was a highly mobile osprey that flew all over downtown MC above the buildings...

You CAN choose to not use vehicles in the instances. You'll just be dead weight to your team, which to be brutally honest, isn't a new concept for about 60% of CO's current F2P player base sadly...

That's fine though, because the top 10% of us who competently build to support groups or solo everything in the game can easily carry players that choose to be dead weight (or have no choice, in the form of AT players), as usual. And continue to get almost no rewards for spending two to ten times the effort as the rest of the shoddy "Team-up" group we get stuck with.

Because Alerts are fun, kids.

Snark never dies.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012

My tip .. forget it .. most of the people here don't even seem to get the difference about
    using vehicles just as a TP and using them as a Superhero replacement.

This is Cryptics new Baby for the next 6 months or so, until they have the next great Idea.
    Maybe we will be assimilated into STO when everybody finally has bought an Enterprise
    as Vehicle in CO .. mabye not :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited August 2012
    Right, and be a totally useless leech to your team. Just like you can in vehicle instances.

You would know that if you did the new lair which involves a vehicle bossfight. I did it the first time without even picking up a vehicle from the debugger on my dual blades toon with teleport and acrobatics. Needless to say i was totally ****ing useless during the fight because the enemy was a highly mobile osprey that flew all over downtown MC above the buildings...

You CAN choose to not use vehicles in the instances. You'll just be dead weight to your team, which to be brutally honest, isn't a new concept for about 60% of CO's current F2P player base sadly...

That's fine though, because the top 10% of us who competently build to support groups or solo everything in the game can easily carry players that choose to be dead weight (or have no choice, in the form of AT players), as usual. And continue to get almost no rewards for spending two to ten times the effort as the rest of the shoddy "Team-up" group we get stuck with.

Because Alerts are fun, kids.

Ive never done a full Resistance run on a team. The poster I quoted stated that you "had to," pilot a destroid. I pointed out that such is not the case.

What you describe, a character not being able to participate effectively in the combat because he does not have the newest become device is exactly what I have feared since the first mention of vehicle specific content.

making vehicles viable for those who desire them is one thing. Locking those who do not out of content is something else entirely.

beldin wrote: »
    My tip .. forget it .. most of the people here don't even seem to get the difference about
    using vehicles just as a TP and using them as a Superhero replacement.

This is Cryptics new Baby for the next 6 months or so, until they have the next great Idea.
    Maybe we will be assimilated into STO when everybody finally has bought an Enterprise
    as Vehicle in CO .. mabye not :tongue:

Sigh, you are probably right.

edited August 2012
    making vehicles viable for those who desire them is one thing. Locking those who do not out of content is something else entirely.

The "content" is just going to be more garbage alert crap with either no rewards or vehicle specific rewards like blademaster stated earlier anyways, so i wouldn't worry about it.

Honestly, vehicles are just a gimmick, there's really nothing new about them. They are just become devices, and like the become devices we already have, they pale in comparison to my actual characters' build performance on all levels except travel speed. Which is not something I could possibly care less about because high mobility is something that's just being shoehorned into vehicle instances to make them "different" from the rest of the game.

And again, you aren't locked out of doing the content without a vehicle, you're just useless, kind of like an AT group trying to run Therakiel's temple...

Snark never dies.
    edited August 2012
    And again, you aren't locked out of doing the content without a vehicle, you're just useless,

To me those are the same thing.

• hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The "content" is just going to be more garbage alert crap with either no rewards or vehicle specific rewards like blademaster stated earlier anyways, so i wouldn't worry about it.

Honestly, vehicles are just a gimmick, there's really nothing new about them. They are just become devices, and like the become devices we already have, they pale in comparison to my actual characters' build performance on all levels except travel speed. Which is not something I could possibly care less about because high mobility is something that's just being shoehorned into vehicle instances to make them "different" from the rest of the game.

And again, you aren't locked out of doing the content without a vehicle, you're just useless, kind of like an AT group trying to run Therakiel's temple...

Wow, this is a feedback thread, and you guys just repeatedly insult Cryptic.
    You should be ashamed. If you guys are so unhappy there are other superheroe games on the market...

Maybe be a bit more positive, and try to help make this upcoming feature better.
    I think I know why CO is lagging behind other games....

The dev team doesn't have a strong vibrant community to draw ideas and passion from.

Very sad
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
    edited August 2012
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    You should be ashamed. If you guys are so unhappy there are other superheroe games on the market...

Maybe be a bit more positive, and try to help make this upcoming feature better.

The dev team doesn't have a strong vibrant community to draw ideas and passion from.

Very sad

So its not feedback if it is negative ?

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Welcome back, Artmonster.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You do realize for the 5-Man Nighthawk instance (part of the new quest line):

1) You get a vehicle for free (as you're expected to have one to help fight the boss).
    2) It's NOT required to win (have some sort of Fly and a ranged attack and odds are you'll still be good, although quite a bit slower to hunt down the boss).

Everyone who is involved in this event will get one for free. Everyone.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    You do realize for the 5-Man Nighthawk instance (part of the new quest line):

1) You get a vehicle for free (as you're expected to have one to help fight the boss).
    2) It's NOT required to win (have some sort of Fly and a ranged attack and odds are you'll still be good, although quite a bit slower to hunt down the boss).

Everyone who is involved in this event will get one for free. Everyone.
    Personally, i'd rather it be a "Gold" thing like the Hideouts :frown:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2012

No way, if the are adding mission content that needs aircraft, then free players need acesss to them as well.

Don't forget who keeps the lights on.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I can guess why they're not, though.
    Since Vehicles will be part of entirely new gameplay elements and systems in the very near future, some basic versions of them have to be made free for all players. A Vehicle will be necessary (or at least expected) for certain future missions, so everyone needs access to one.
    Player Hideouts are not necessary to gameplay in the slightest. They are fluff pieces, cosmetic sets. A player doesn't need them to play at all.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Totally agree here.
    edited August 2012

Very sad

Ok, this. Is. Bull.
    Whats sad is this community is FERVENT in helping Cryptic get it right, we have people posting EXACT numbers and detailed tests because they want to show Cryptic whats needed to be done. The development team has LET US DOWN on so many instances, for example, Crowd Control. Or another example, the Stealth updates a certain developer is persistent enough to stubbornly not touch Smoke Bomb AT ALL, and he continues to think the bug where Sneak detoggles when stunned, instead of refreshing decloaked is perfectly fine and intended, its not.

I will commend them actually taking in feedback, sometimes, because the obviously don't know what they're doing without us.
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Totally agree here.

Agree here too.

maybe we get the customizable ones free. :D xD
    No way, if the are adding mission content that needs aircraft, then free players need acesss to them as well.

Don't forget who keeps the lights on.
    F2P players have access to Hideouts, they just have to pay for them.
    (Gold players only get ONE free :rolleyes: )

And we ALL keep the lights on, Gold members buy/spend Zen too :tongue:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
    edited August 2012
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    Agree here too.

maybe we get the customizable ones free. :D xD

Exactly, these are prototypes, gold players should be given these.
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I cite: 'Account server connection failed.'

Does this happen to anyone else?
    edited August 2012

Very sad

Cut it out The_last... :l

Snark never dies.
  • speekasspeekas Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Yep, same for me :confused:

same here
    /lesigh
  • elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ok, should have clarified that what was bugging me wasn't the range itself. It's the reaction from the enemy. If you're up in the air in a shiny flying wing and you're raining death down at them, they should be able to notice. For some I'd like to see them try to evade, but I doubt the mechanics of that would be workable. Still, it's silly to have someone just stand there. If you attack someone without some kind of stealth/placate effect involved, they should react to that and if they're powerful enough to do so, they should be trying to fight you.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    same here
    /lesigh

ditto ..... I want to help test, and also get the action figure but I can't test if I can't get on the server .... :)
  • slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Been trying all morning to get onto the Test server and no go for me as well. Login server times out.

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Cut it out The_last... :l

Im glad im not the only one who has been thinking that. :biggrin: