test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I have a problem with being silver.

man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
Okay to start with I have turned silver for a few reasons

1/ there are certain things in the game I'm not happy with like no new zones any time soon and the way things are added to the game that could be so great but are rushed out and their promise never filled like the nemesis system, comic book series, hideouts etc. These are quickly replaced with the latest great new thing like alerts and vehicles which will if history repeats it's self will soon join the previous list.

2/ Things cryptic PWE have done like the region bans.

3/ Money times are tight and saving money from playing a game seemed like a good plan.

Now I turn silver and realise just how much of the game that has been locked away from me. It's not so much free form it is the things I never thought I would miss like bag space costume slots and access to all my characters and one of my toons turned 40 and there is no free character slot.

So my questions to you lot are would you turn silver or have you if so why? If you have turned silver what do you miss most?

p.s. I was meant to be turning silver for good but I'm so addicted to the game I will be resubscribing at the end of the week.

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Admitting that you have a addiction is a 1st step towards the recovery.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Admitting that you have a addiction is a 1st step towards the recovery.

LOL, beat me to it.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So my questions to you lot are would you turn silver or have you if so why? If you have turned silver what do you miss most?

Well... Lets see...

I think it would take them revoking my lifetime subscription... But if they did that, they're in violation of the sales contract. Quite frankly, if I didn't have the lifetime subscription, I wouldn't have played this game past 3 months after release.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes but I don't want to recover I would have to find something else to do with my time like doing the garden or those other jobs my wife wants me to do. I'm just not sure I'm ready for this........................................................................................................

No I sure I'm not ready for this.
    edited August 2012
    This is one reason I went lifetime when I had the money. I hated worrying when my sub was gonna run out and had to make sure I had the money available.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I went Silver because I ran out of money while between jobs, but I really like the game and don't want to stop playing. This makes a pleasant intermediary position. I have, on occasion, scraped together the funds to make purchases from the Store, which has been made easier by the transition to Zen (now, instead of having to transfer the funds to the prepaid Visa card I got from H&R Block, I can go to Wal*mart and buy a Zen card with cash).

On the other tentacle, I'm almost certainly getting a substantial return on my income tax (thank heavens for the Earned Income Credit!), and I'll probably go Lifetime then...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can you tell me why what the porblem is with it thank you.
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can you tell me why what the porblem is with it thank you.
    Okay to start with I have turned silver for a few reasons

1/ there are certain things in the game I'm not happy with like no new zones any time soon and the way things are added to the game that could be so great but are rushed out and their promise never filled like the nemesis system, comic book series, hideouts etc. These are quickly replaced with the latest great new thing like alerts and vehicles which will if history repeats it's self will soon join the previous list.

2/ Things cryptic PWE have done like the region bans.

3/ Money times are tight and saving money from playing a game seemed like a good plan.

Now I turn silver and realise just how much of the game that has been locked away from me. It's not so much free form it is the things I never thought I would miss like bag space costume slots and access to all my characters and one of my toons turned 40 and there is no free character slot.

p.s. I was meant to be turning silver for good but I'm so addicted to the game I will be resubscribing at the end of the week.

My job here is done!!

And back on the topic, I love this game so much, I went lifetime, and we are saving to go lifetime for my hubby too :B

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm a lifer and in spite of my occasional complaining and general feelings of 'Doom TM'... I still don't really regret it.

I've spent 1300 hours in CO, and I don't really regret any of them. You can honestly boil my complaints about the game down to "I want to play it more but there's nothing I haven't already done". This suggests to me that in spite of it's flaws, there's a lot of good stuff in CO. <. .>m Either that or I'm just weird. (Probably both.)

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The only things I miss are no cap on Globals and items staying on the AH longer than 5 days.

I don't see myself going gold again until items removed from the game during On Alert are returned in some form (Legacy store anyone?) and many long outstanding bugs are fixed.

When I unsubbed I picked "unfinished content" for the reason why, and I meant it. :mad:

That said, I have a kicking Silver acct so YMMV. :cool:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You rock OP \o/

Stupid tacked on alerts , no new zones and obviously the region bans are what piss me off too.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes I have turned silver.

Not 1 cent of mine will go to Cryptic or PWE until the player based chat-ban system is done away with.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm a lifer and in spite of my occasional complaining and general feelings of 'Doom TM'... I still don't really regret it.

I've spent 1300 hours in CO, and I don't really regret any of them. You can honestly boil my complaints about the game down to "I want to play it more but there's nothing I haven't already done". This suggests to me that in spite of it's flaws, there's a lot of good stuff in CO. <. .>m Either that or I'm just weird. (Probably both.)

I 100% agree which is why on my "goodbye" post I expressly mentioned that I wasn't gone for good. I still love the game, just nothing new to do with it right now that isn't named alert.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I did for a bit, a few times. It helps to have a decent freeb archetype. Also, if you hit 40 while you were gold? Your bonus slots from 40 are yours, so they're silver too. No, I went f2p during alert with my cursed, and it was actually a good time. Less characters to fiddle with gives more opportunities for farming/exploring the content/etc...

I almost feel like if I had the invincible and they removed the G cap I'd have little reason to have a gold sub anymore.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I 100% agree which is why on my "goodbye" post I expressly mentioned that I wasn't gone for good. I still love the game, just nothing new to do with it right now that isn't named alert.

This is one of the reasons I took a year long break from the game. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but a new zone would be even better :tongue:
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i too love this game, however it hasnt reached its potentenal. this game could easily be the number 1 superhero game out there. but its not. its used as a joke for city of players and devs.
    id love to see cryptic add a teaming feature like they had for city of. by simply adding adds. as well it well past time for another zone and a level bump up. and contiue the timeline of the game.
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, as an on and off P2P costumer I can say, Champions Online is the only game I can't stand playing free. If I ever come back CO I know time for renewing my sub ain't a day or two away. ATs are cool still not my own characters, at least they feel that way.

Also CO is one of the games progressing and going better on my each visit. Comic Series, Alerts... I love them. Surely devs doing some mistakes... maybe grave ones like pushing Desert and Canada crisis to level 15 and making leveling several alts less fun or not adding an offensive passive supporting Laser Swords or not adding CS to AoE attack of the same set. Now upcoming Vechiles is one of the things players yearned in Superhero MMOs for years. Not my cup of tea but still it is a good move for the game.

As I always said, Champions Online is one of the games I am hopeful about its future so it deserves whatever I pay whenever I sub.
  • Options
    sorontharsoronthar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Things I will miss when my sub expires in December?
    • More inventory bags. Two is just not enough.
    • Number of items and duration in the auction house.
    • Gold cap. After On Alert, I reached the cap pretty fast.
    • Shared bank account via hideout.
    • Several pages in the bank account, paid for in G.
    • New slot when you reach 40.

Note that freeform is not on the list. I do think that is the most important feature of CO, alongside the richness of the character editor and the nemesis system. But I did enjoy playing the silver ATs (I have a lvl 40 Unleashed, and lvl 36 Blade).
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The only things I miss are no cap on Globals and items staying on the AH longer than 5 days.

I don't see myself going gold again until items removed from the game during On Alert are returned in some form (Legacy store anyone?) and many long outstanding bugs are fixed.

When I unsubbed I picked "unfinished content" for the reason why, and I meant it. :mad:

That said, I have a kicking Silver acct so YMMV. :cool:

Those are probably the biggest factors for me.

I initially subbed just to get a taste of FF, and part of that was inspired by pvp. The next two times were gifts and the last one was really just to recolor AT powers. Then the changes hit (concentration) and I lost the tinting on all the characters that mattered anyway.
  • Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lol I take breaks(sometimes months at a time) from the game every once in a while.
    There's only so much MC chatting you can take. :mad:

I wish they would return some of the old gear like the one's that gave pets, power replacers, costume unlocks, flight, etc.

The game needs to drop R7-R9 mods too.

I think the Q cap should be lifted on golds. :rolleyes:

I mainly go gold for color tinting and stipend. lol