test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ego Blades - 100% Crit/2.1K heal per sec Melee Role

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Builds and Roles
Would love some opinions on my Ego Blades toon designed for fighting cosmics. Isis has good dps but even more amazing heals for a Melee Damage role (2.1K heal per second thanks to Siphoning Strikes and 100% crit chance). Add on 105% Damage Resistance and Dodge/Avoidance of 57.6%/48.3% and she's a tough cookie to crack.

Name: Isis

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Powers:
Level 1: Ego Blades
Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
Level 6: ID Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Ego Reveberation
Level 11: Mental Discipline (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
Level 17: Telekinetic Eruption (Rank 2, Enhanced Form)
Level 20: Masterful Dodge
Level 23: Parry (Elusive Monk)
Level 26: Dark Transfusion (Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 29: Telekinetic Maelstrom
Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
Level 35: Lock N Load (Two Smoking Barrels)
Level 38: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares, Crippling Challenge)

Specializations:
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (1/3)
Ego: Aggression (2/2)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/2)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Heroic Gear focused on Crit, Dodge and Cost Reduction. Crit Vigilante for Sec. Off.
SS Stats are Ego 181, Dexterity 247, Constitution 284 (HP = 9,061)

Ego Primary SS with 2/3 in Sixth Sense is absolutely needed to get to over 50% crit chance on tooltip and then with Ego Weaponry, Warden/Vindicator specs plus Mental Domination you get 100% crit chance on your Siphoning Strikes heals. At 96.1% Crit Severity, that is over 2.1K heal per second. (With Dexterity PSS, DR made it impossible to reach 50% on tooltip).

Ego Blade Annihilation is the big damage dealer, pop one whenever health is near max and let Ego Weaponry heal you up and replenish Ego Leech for another EBA.

Lock N Load is really there just for Hold breaking. Should be able to do it about once every 20 seconds. Resurgence is the heal and back up Hold breaker.

Dark Transfusion is needed to fuel AoEs and EBA because Ego Reverb, despite how cheap Ego Wep is, isn't enough energy. DT is easy to use before a fight to power TK Eruption for the buff and you enter battle in a few sec with full energy.

Void Shift is supposed to be a -30% damage reduction on Bosses. Hopefully this works as intended.

Weaknesses: I see knocks can be a big problem. Large numbers of adds will take time to dispose of too.

Strengths: Fully heal in 4.5 seconds with little energy expenditure. Enemy armor does not affect the healing portion of Siphoning Strikes. I also find it simple and easy to play with this setup.

P.S. I use a rapid fire button on Ego Weps, saves my controller and fingers.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Out of curiosity, with the consistent 2.1k heal on Ego Weaponry and the massive defense stacking do you actually need to SS Con?

Replacing Con with Rec would reduce your power costs through ID Mastery and slightly increase the gain from Ego Reverb, and replacing it with Int would simply reduce your costs and also further reduce the cool down on Lock 'N Load. Since either of these would stack with the cost reduction gear, thanks to there being no DR on cost reduction, this might allow you to skip Dark Transfusion.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Out of curiosity, with the consistent 2.1k heal on Ego Weaponry and the massive defense stacking do you actually need to SS Con?

Replacing Con with Rec would reduce your power costs through ID Mastery and slightly increase the gain from Ego Reverb, and replacing it with Int would simply reduce your costs and also further reduce the cool down on Lock 'N Load. Since either of these would stack with the cost reduction gear, thanks to there being no DR on cost reduction, this might allow you to skip Dark Transfusion.
    True, but I found it too risky. I can only heal if I am fighting and getting knocked around a ton by White Rhino and others (and worse, getting stuck in ^&%^& scenery) showed me the dangers of having low hp. Plus, I felt I needed to be able to survive an UNDODGED and UNBLOCKED massive attack of 15K before damage resists (in case of lag, I fell asleep LOL) so based on 105% damage resistance I felt something north of 8K HP was needed.

I believe there is a DR on cost reduction due to the final equation in how energy costs are calculated. :(

The issue was really not getting a surplus of Energy on Ego Wep/Ego Leech alone and Dark Transfusion seemed to be the only solution. (If I never wanted to use TK Eruption or EBA in long fights, then yes, Ego Reverb is enough. So I guess I am impatient about killing the boss! :))

But now Dark Transfusion is doing so well I am tempted to switch out some cost reduction for cooldown.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Okay, so the SS Con isn't a requirement, it's just a safety net. That makes sense.

And, yes while there isn't actually a DR on the cost reduction itself the difference between percentages reduced does get smaller as the percentage increase since there is less cost to remove in the first place. On the other hand, you're mostly worried about high cost attacks and cost reduction is always more noticeable with those since it's percentage based and not a flat rate reduction.

But yeah, if your worried about getting caught off guard and one shotted at the beginning of a fight then by all means SS Con.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Does the rapid fire button actually work? I used one before and it seemed combo attacks did not like it because it was firing off to fast, not allowing the combo to continue onto the next part of the combo. Are you finding an issue with that or are you putting in like a 1 second delay?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Does the rapid fire button actually work? I used one before and it seemed combo attacks did not like it because it was firing off to fast, not allowing the combo to continue onto the next part of the combo. Are you finding an issue with that or are you putting in like a 1 second delay?
    I have a Logitech Gamepad and I don't seem to have any issues besides the server reading an extra attack or two after I release the button. I set the speed to one step below the fastest setting so I am sure it isn't a one sec delay (hoping for something close to 0.1 sec so I don't miss any attacks). I use it for Thundering Kicks too which has a very fast 0.3 sec activation like Ego Wep and both seem to work fine.

Without the rapid fire setting I don't know if I could play a toon with masses of combo attacks LOL!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How do you get 105% damage resistance with that amount of dodge chance?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How do you get 105% damage resistance with that amount of dodge chance?

That .. and how do you get 100% crit rate ? My crit chars normally have around 44-45%.

Ego Leech are 5 stacks max, right ? So that would be 70%

Focused Strike also has some percent i think .. but what else ?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I was wondering the same thing; I am running with a Vindicator/Warden setup as well, which with boosted effect from gear nets me about 55% resistance for a 238 defense rating.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It looks solid. There's a couple ways you could possibly improve it, but these'd be, at best, incremental:

Try dropping Discipline for Form of the Tempest. While Discipline's boost is uniform, Tempest's is higher overall and also adds a hands-off way to gain extra energy. With this, you'll find Transfusion isn't as needed, and you can use the extra adv. points and potential power pick can be used for another heal, like BCR w/RR (since you'll be dodging pretty often). Having two heals is never a bad thing.

I worry about the lack of a dedicated mob-cleaner. I know it's for farming Cosmics, so it's probably not needed, but it still slightly bugs me.

Other than that, I can't think of any real improvements to it.

::Edit::

It's possible to get 100% (or at least close) via specs and certain gear. I'm seeing a lot of +crit chance specs here, so that might be part of it. I imagine gear and MD take care of the rest.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    P0t3mk1n wrote:
    ::Edit::

It's possible to get 100% (or at least close) via specs and certain gear. I'm seeing a lot of +crit chance specs here, so that might be part of it. I imagine gear and MD take care of the rest.

The 45% i have is normally with DEX / Warden / Vindicator trees, and also max +crit primary.

Defense with that is normally around 190 .. i think thats around 40 or 50%.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I take it Lock N Load is used only for the cost discount since Two Smoking Barrels?

I'd also love to hear how you have 100% crit chance and 105% damage resistance.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hi folks, sorry I didn't check the thread until now. Lots of good questions:

Crit Chance
    Dex + Sixth Sense (2/3) + Heroic Crit Gear and Gambler's Luck V got me to 50.8% crit chance on tool tip. When I get 5 stacks of Ego Leech, then Mental Discipline is +10%, Ego Weaponry get +25%, Vindicator is +6% and Slaughter (Combo only Crit Buff) is +9% = 100.8% YAY! (These buffs do not show up on tooltip).

Damage Resistance
    With non Offense or Defense Gear, I used Fortified Gear (2/3), Aggressive Stance (2/2), Best Defense (3/3) and the big one was Force of Will (2/2) in Ego tree.

That gives around 230 Defense = 53% Damage Resistance. Enhanced Form on a Rank 2 Telekinetic Eruption is +18%, ID Mastery is +25% and 3 Stacks of Grit from Warden Mastery is +9% = 105% Damage Resistance.

Dodge/Avoid is just Heroic Dodge Gear + Gambler's Luck V + Elusive Monk on Parry. With the huge healing factor, I just wanted to dodge more just to reduce some damage vs. dodge less and reduce more damage, hence Dodge x2 on Heroic vs. Dodge/Avoid.

Form of the Tempest vs. Mental Discipline
    The Focus patch has changed ALOT. Now, for my Dexterity Mental Discpline outdamages Form of the Tempest EVEN BEFORE accounting for the MD crit buff. And, I never have to build up any stacks. So it was a no brainer for damage. On the other hand, you do lose the energy surplus which is why I have to take Dark Transfusion.

Lock N Load is just a Hold breaker. The energy discount was negligible and the crit buff does help EBA and whenever I am short 5 stacks of Ego Leech but I find myself never touching it unless Held. Just worried that with a Cosmic, HOLD = DEATH! But the bonuses are nice! Funny thing I found is no matter what Cooldown buff I had, I seemed ALWAYS be able to reuse Lock N Load every 20 seconds while fighting. Test it for yourself but I bet it something to do with the mechanic on Two Smoking Barrels.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    The 45% i have is normally with DEX / Warden / Vindicator trees, and also max +crit primary.

Defense with that is normally around 190 .. i think thats around 40 or 50%.
    Warden and Vindicator crit buffs won't show up on tooltip because it's limited (i.e. ST vs. AoE, Combo only, Melee for Str spec, etc.) Sixth Sense is not limited so it shows up.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I figured that's how you were getting the crit and damage reduction, but wasn't really sure.

I'm not Cosmic farming, so I never thought to have an Active Offense just for the Hold Break. XD

This build is definitely seeming more interesting the more I look at it...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hi folks, sorry I didn't check the thread until now. Lots of good questions:

Form of the Tempest vs. Mental Discipline
    The Focus patch has changed ALOT. Now, for my Dexterity Mental Discpline outdamages Form of the Tempest EVEN BEFORE accounting for the MD crit buff. And, I never have to build up any stacks. So it was a no brainer for damage. On the other hand, you do lose the energy surplus which is why I have to take Dark Transfusion.

One thing I thought of while reading this and thinking about FotTempest was Gifts of the Storm... every 8 seconds you'd be healing your team some. If the stupid cooldown wasn't 8 seconds it could be a significant support function for this build, wonder if you might want to test that out sometime :)

+S
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    One thing I thought of while reading this and thinking about FotTempest was Gifts of the Storm... every 8 seconds you'd be healing your team some. If the stupid cooldown wasn't 8 seconds it could be a significant support function for this build, wonder if you might want to test that out sometime :)

+S
    If it was a constant stream that would be awesome. But I think it only takes one of your heals so while it's great HPS, it's made of 3 small fast heals. Now if it only proc'd on Resurgence...

I like this build cause I've also found it so easy and simple to play (cause I like mashing FEWER buttons.) Dropping an EBA every now and then is pretty cool.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Woot, solo'd Vikorin twice today! Dropped a wonder Silver Champs token LOL!

Build is clearly vulnerable to being knocked and stuck in scenery but has healed its way out of tight jams too. Not sure how useful TK Eruption is at times, may try putting the 4 pts in Maelstrom with a cooldown build and use the Power for another Active Offense maybe.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I dig the build man. I foresee myself switching my TK Blader to this very soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    From my messing with it briefly, it's really not a great leveling build. On a low-30s character that was using a variant of the "Will Powers" build I had about 25% crit chance and better healing, as opposed to switching to this and having about 27%. Ultimately I found Cyrone's PFF ego blades build more survivable, though I did add self-healing back into that one.

Gear probably matters quite a lot too.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Foosnark wrote:
    From my messing with it briefly, it's really not a great leveling build. On a low-30s character that was using a variant of the "Will Powers" build I had about 25% crit chance and better healing, as opposed to switching to this and having about 27%. Ultimately I found Cyrone's PFF ego blades build more survivable, though I did add self-healing back into that one.

Gear probably matters quite a lot too.

It isn't exactly a leveling build but I did level to 40 on Alerts with Siphoning Strikes and Form of the Tempest and tanked almost every one of them. If you have crappy Dex gear then MD is probably more useful. Low crit severity definitely reduces healing and of course Warden Mastery is only available at 40.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ego SS has worked out pretty good for me so far. I think I am sitting at 51.8% crit rate, 94.4% crit severity. I went with Form of Tempest instead of MD. I haven't switched to a 2x dodge defense item yet, but it is pretty sweet so far.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I've been leveling with a variation of this build; it's very powerful. I've also found it to be insanely powerful at low levels. I soloed burial cave at level 25 on elite. I'm also trying out your supernatural tank build as well, but that's mostly for thematic reasons.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    can you post your statsheet please? if not then are those stats after talents, innate etc. or just clean+gear?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The stats i posted are all after gear n talents.

She has a rough time w Grav due to all the knocks but is still very high hps n dps.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Some more observations I have on this build:

1) Thinking of dropping Telekinetic Eruption altogether and put all the Adv pts into TK Maelstrom as my sole Close AoE. TK Eruption buffs are nice but I am usually too occupied to use it in a tough fight. Not sure what to do with the freed up Power, maybe a second active defense for breaking holds/damage boost, Circle of Primal Dominion or even Rebirth LOL!

2) On big boss fights, stacking Cooldown maybe be better than Cost Reduction. Like the 3 Cascades in a row from Grav. Having Masterful Dodge every 45 sec (basically 1/3 of the fight you will always be in Dodge) could be pretty useful. Once you get knocked, you can't activate M Dodge before another knock, and another = death. Activating Dark Transfusion more often for energy isn't as bad as I thought.
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OK, here is my edited version after much combat experience. Knock Resistance is really important so I dropped TK Eruption for Circle of Primal Dominion Rank 3. Also dropped Crippling Challenge from Void Shift and Accelerated Metab from Devour Essence and added them to TK Maelstrom for Rank 3. These changes should make her much harder to kill (knocks really can nail her). For gear I would choose Cooldown over Cost Reduction unless you hate using Dark Transfusion.

Name: Isis

Super Stats:

Powers:
    Level 1: Ego Blades
    Level 6: ID Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Ego Reveberation
    Level 17: Circle of Primal Dominion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Parry (Elusive Monk)
    Level 26: Dark Transfusion
    Level 29: Telekinetic Maelstrom(Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Lock N Load (Two Smoking Barrels)
    Level 38: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)

Specializations:
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/2)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)
  • Options
    ulyana13gruulyana13gru Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just returned to the game and I'm finding this build immensely fun.

I am however contemplating parry w/ adv. I used to run this on my old martial toons, when I was stacking BCR (quarry, SS int). However as heals aren't quite the issue with this setup, would you think energy shield w/ laser knight able to overtake parry's dodge?

I see decent enough dodge already, that's why I'm wondering if

Adds a 3 second buff that increases damage reduction by ~34% at level 40.
    + -15% damage strength

wouldn't overtake the avoidance of Parry/adv? Of course it depends on the amount of dodge and avoidance due to the dexterity one has, but since one doesn't need dodges to trigger bcr...

I'm extremely rusty since I've been out since before the stat update system, so any inputs on my above reflection would be appreciated.

Thanks for a good guide!
  • Options
    s3rjus3rju Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    considering how defense works in CO, dodge is your obvious choise here... however the energy shield makes up for a nice concept with ego weaponry even tho it feels slow with no extra blade :).

laser knight gives a flat mitigation bonus(in which as stated above, comes AFTER dodge), while parry+adv gives you a value based on your DEX.

the value for laser knight is 33% mitigation with a -10% dmg penalty, and parry is roughly +160 to dodge/avoid depending on your DEX.

about BCR, if you're not gonna temper with the adv there's no reason to take it as a self heal without a decent amount of PRE, that said conviction is the better choice in this case... bionic shielding comes to mind as well.

hope this helped.

My build directory (work in progress)
    Guide list
    Freeform Builds

In loving memory of AngelofCaine.
  • Options
    ulyana13gruulyana13gru Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you! Obviously BCR goes with adv. However as I don't seem to need more heals per say I was merely curious what would be the choice that in the end netted me most mitigation.

I am around 45/45 d/a without parry adv active. Might be low, I don't know, still getting into the new gear system :)
  • Options
    amazingprotonamazingproton Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What Talents does one focus on? the build does not specify.
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS NOT0FTHISWOR1D\\My Lightning Toon
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Besides the major 3, I just took the +8 of each SS. I don't think it mattered too much.
  • Options
    amazingprotonamazingproton Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok, thank you very much.. I wasnt sure if there was some sort of mathematical genius behind talent selection, I very much suck at builds, and really try to build my own with continual fail..

I'm one of the very few asians who suck at math and getting stats and gear to work in your favor.
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS NOT0FTHISWOR1D\\My Lightning Toon
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    For talents I generally take (using this build's SS as an example)

Ego/Dex +5
    Ego/Con +5
    Dex/Con +5

Then choose a fourth stat that you feel will benefit your build. A little Recovery can be nice for example:

Ego/Rec +5
    Dex/Rec +5
    Con/Rec +5

At this point you have only 3 points less in each of the three SS than if you took the +8 talents (which will have almost no impact on performance due to diminishing returns on stats), but have increased your equilibrium and energy gain by a noticeable amount.

Another option, if your build includes a self heal such as conviction, would be to stat PRE instead of Rec in those last three talents.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't forget that if you take a Primary Talent that has +12/+12 (either EGO or STR) in it, AND if you take "+8, +5 (in other 5 of 6 talents)" you can hit 50 easily (for the +20% dmg bonus) with minimal investment in a piece of secondary gear (+20/20) :wink:

Not to mention if you're anal like me, your other stats (non SS ones) will even out to 15 :redface:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Then choose a fourth stat that you feel will benefit your build. A little Recovery can be nice for example:

Ego/Rec +5
    Dex/Rec +5
    Con/Rec +5

At this point you have only 3 points less in each of the three SS than if you took the +8 talents (which will have almost no impact on performance due to diminishing returns on stats), but have increased your equilibrium and energy gain by a noticeable amount.

Another option, if your build includes a self heal such as conviction, would be to stat PRE instead of Rec in those last three talents.

I often prefer the talents that add to 4 or more stats if they give 6+ to my Superstats and
    10+ to stats i also needed.

For example on a EGO / CON / REC Build
    Field Ops Training +3 EGO +3 Con +2 REC and also +2 END and +2 INT
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In certain builds, I agree with Ashen. Extra Rec or End tends to be very useful in certain situations for energy management. On my PA toon, I took +8 REC, then +5 REC/XXX just so I could squeeze ONE extra energy point out of some power. Powerhouse is your friend.

In builds where energy isn't an issue, I've tended to take CON now for and extra 135 HPs. For non-Hybrid/Support, extra PRE if you have a self heal is good for certain heals such as BCR and Reconstruction Circuits.
  • Options
    syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Would love some opinions on my Ego Blades toon designed for fighting cosmics. Isis has good dps but even more amazing heals for a Melee Damage role (2.1K heal per second thanks to Siphoning Strikes and 100% crit chance). Add on 105% Damage Resistance and Dodge/Avoidance of 57.6%/48.3% and she's a tough cookie to crack.

Props to you my friend, I actually have a build remarkably similiar to this, same SS and most of the same powers.

So two things:

EDIT: Ok looks like I skipped a page while reading this thread, my bad.

1.) If you ever find yourself losing health, BCR + RR is amazingly good for even slightly dodge oriented builds.

2.) Have you expiremented with adding strength (maybe by secondary items?) to reduce the knockback? I havent had a chance to try that out just yet.

My build is very close to yours, with the exception mine is about 110% sev and 51% chance.

They do seem to be knocked around a bit dont they? :biggrin: I would be interested in dueling you sometime (Friendly of course, I think it would be a good match up)
    I still need to get my last piece of Heroic gear (lazy me)

Its strange you mention fighting cosmics, as I found out kinda by accident that this build is perfect for it, as long as you have something to kill, just go full speed ahead and you are pretty much indestructible.

One thing I have taken from this (among other things) is I am going to pay more attention to the modified gear specialties (Azer is about where you are, but slightly more offence oriented)

It would be fun to fight another TK blader, there arent many in the game, witch is refreshing :wink:

-Azer
  • Options
    kingjauakingjaua Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    just i need to know how many attacks do freeform get in 40 12 or 14
  • Options
    nullwarenullware Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kingjaua wrote: »

Freeform's get 14, Archetype's get 12.
  • Options
    r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kingjaua wrote: »
    That's a lot of attacks... you might want to add in a heal, energy unlock, passive, form, etc.

OK, I know what you meant. Powers, not attacks.

Just bein' smarmy and pulling a Biden on ya.

-r0y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mauk2mauk2 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok, I was looking at he build on page three and see it's from July.

I went ahead and put it into a fresh Powerhouse formula, and I'm wondering if anything has changed since July that would invalidate it/stop it cold.

See below:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Wisp

Super Stats:

Talents:
    Level 1: The Void
    Level 6: Ascetic
    Level 9: Shooter
    Level 12: Acrobat
    Level 15: Quick Recovery
    Level 18: Wordly
    Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
    Level 1: Ego Blade
    Level 6: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3, Id Blades)
    Level 8: Ego Reverberation
    Level 17: Circle of Primal Dominion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Parry (The Elusive Monk)
    Level 26: Dark Transfusion
    Level 29: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Expansive Intellect)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
    Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Teleportation (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Acrobatics (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Ego: Mental Endurance (1/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)
  • Options
    ruiijiruiiji Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been running a build based off this one for months. It's a blast to solo hard content on. I took MSA as it procs pretty damn fast with the int SS, 3 AD's and conviction as fuel. With FoTT, no energy issues on this build! ( I tested the ego energy unlock as well, but went with MSA in the end) Went back and forth between FoTT and Mental Discipline (?), found FoTT to be better for my playstyle. "Optional" powers I'd list are Evasive, Lead Tempest, and TK Maelstorm.

PS. You might find you don't need CoPD on account of healing so fast. Also, check out the Warden Mastery as it buffs your combo which you will use 90% of the time. Lock and Load -- isn't that just for Munitions crits?

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Einzige

Super Stats:
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Sureshot
    Level 6: Agile
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 12: Coordinated
    Level 15: Impresario
    Level 18: Tireless
    Level 21: Shooter

Powers:
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3, Id Blades)
    Level 6: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
    Level 8: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Telekinetic Eruption (Enhanced Form)
    Level 17: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
    Level 20: Form of the Tempest (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Masterful Dodge (Unfettered Strikes)
    Level 26: Unbreakable
    Level 29: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
    Level 32: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 35: Lead Tempest (Tread Softly)
    Level 38: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares, Nailed to the Ground)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Teleportation (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)