What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.30.20120816P.3 PTS Update

drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.30.20120816P.3

Greetings!

We have included the new (Work in Progress) Nighthawk mission into this update, and is ready for some good 'ol PTS testing!

To access this mission, you will need to pick up a mission from Defender in Ren Cen. The mission is named "Who is... Nighthawk?".

The first part of the mission will take place in Millennium City with some data pick up objectives. After these are complete you will return to Defender, and you will be sent to the location [8341 199 -204] north-east from the Champions Building. (Waypoint for this instance is not in this update).

Enjoy the mission, and we await your feedback!

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Edit: The instance will require five (5) players to queue for it, so bring your friends!
Developer QA Tester
Cryptic Studios
Post edited by drannic on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Five player queues...In the PTS...

Poo, I actually wanted to play it. I never see anyone queue in the PTS. :frown:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Update: The third objective in the Open mission is currently broken. We will need to investigate this and fix before the mission can be completed.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • Options
    blkmaskblkmask Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bug = Could not find a mission door for part 3 of the investigation.
  • Options
    xenosinfinityxxenosinfinityx Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Probably counts as a bug: The quest requires you to start from the first phase of the open mission. If that isn't the current step, you can't start the quest properly.

Edit:

Nothing spawned in the second location's instance. No Nighthawk? to apprehend, no henchmen, no evidence. I'm guessing that is also a bug.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    First off: Lovely that the jets now have sounds and FX to go with them. And the gatling guns now fire from the wing pods again! Marvelous.
    They are still off center, though. Please fix that! It's very disconcerting. I also can't seem to zoom out as far as I used to while the Jets are active. I dunno what is up with that.
    Anyways, on to the Nighthawk mission.
    The Lackeys that spawn in the world map don't always drop any Circumstantial Evidence. This can sometimes lead to a whole group spawning that drops nothing. I suggest making it so that at least one of them drops something at all times, so as not to be an entirely fruitless endeavor.
    The Second Sighting investigation site is completely empty. No minions, no "Nighthawk", nothing.
    The Third Sighting investigation site doesn't seem to show up at all. Unless it only shows up after you've collected a certain amount of evidence, this is a startling bug in the quest chain.
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    BUG: mission starts from the beginning, but the open mission objectives point to the third area, making it impossible to even start the quest
    it seems as though were all encountering different things with the mission
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I am kinda wondering why they made it an Open Mission at all. I mean, I get that there are mission-specific minions and whatnot, out and about on the zone map. But this kinda makes things a bit more confusing.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is exactly what I wanted. Well, almost.

Crippling Challenge does not prevent Nighthawk? from using block.

I have some questions about open missions in general from trying this mission:

When I passed over the prison the sighting circle disappeared and was taking priority. Does this mean that its possible to have multiple in zone events going on at the same time? I'm sure its easy but will we eventually be having multiple things happening at once.

Also the sighting locations seems to cycle of their own accord. For our investigating, will we have to wait for one of the sightings to be active in order to get the clue that's there? What are the specifics on this?
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh I would love to test it, but I keep on crashing when I log a character in at MI. Must have something to do with Monster Island.

Edit: Now that I got to testing, there's nothing at these sighting spots but generic enemies of that zone. Like the second spot is all Viper, first spot was Cobra Lords.

Edit2: After finding the enemies layed out across MC and taking their items, Defender wouldn't let me turn it in.
    I don't know how to 'activate' one of those sightings. I go there and nothing happens.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    BUG :
    Conflagration maintain doesn't trigger Overdrive
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    For anyone who doesn't know, you are supposed to enter one of the buildings at each site. But it seems that this won't get fixed until Monday. So we'll get only a few days to test it before it goes live supposedly next Friday. That's pretty bad.

Looks like we'll all have to get up first thing a patch comes up on Monday or whatever time it goes on. Then spam every bug we can find.
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I tried it out, usually if the mission is indoors, it appears as a dot on the map instead of a circle. Since there flunkies around town it's not obvious that you're looking for a door to enter and not objects on the ground. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out what to do besides kill flunkies.

I was able to do the first location but when I went to the location posted for the second spot (choppa building?) nothing was there.

Do the doors open based on the open mission objectives?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Not entirely sure. My second location opened up at the bank near the super jet, which was empty. Though if the locations are randomly decided its hard to bug test it. BUT that makes it easier to get them done if they are in zone so you aren't trying to fight over farming this over every player in the game.
  • Options
    magemighty1magemighty1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This may not be a bug but I haven't seen any of the thugs around the game except in the instances and also do we have any news on the 'Cape glide' Travel power?

My main character is Blackflight
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    This may not be a bug but I haven't seen any of the thugs around the game except in the instances and also do we have any news on the 'Cape glide' Travel power?

Dunno about the cape glide.
  • Options
    rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bug: If you right click on the evidence tokens in your inventory they disappear.
    Happens anywhere.
    Evidence tokens are destroyed.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

no news, ive been following avidly as i want it badly too
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry for the critique only post. On the Internet I really try to do the sandwich method. I liked the thugs on the streets that drop circumstantial evidence. Also the faux Hawk battle was fun and the instances were pretty cool.
  • Options
    rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Strafing Run doesn't break Sneak. (imo it should stay like this.)
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    rafahil893 wrote: »
    Bug: Strafing Run doesn't break Sneak. (imo it should stay like this.)

its a universal bug with all pets. Also Stuns detoggle Sneak instead of refreshing decloaked.
  • Options
    koriel8koriel8 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bug: When I picked up the "Who is Nighthawk?" mission from Defender, I found that the first two steps had already been checked as completed.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    BUG:the description of Strafing Run displays the description of Gas Pellets
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Greetings!

We have gone over the issues you all have found with the Nighthawk Event, and we are currently working to get them resolved. Below are their current status for the next update on PTS.

Bug: Can not access the Third Sighting. - This issue has been resolved.
    Bug: Evidence can be used and is consumed. - This issue has been resolved.
    Bug: Second Sighting is an empty map. - This issue is being reviewed.
    Bug: First sighting is not active when i got the mission from defender. - This is working as designed. The Open mission controls which sighting is currently active, and gives the direction to this location. The Sighting Mission Objectives do not need to be completed in an order, just all three objectives need to have been completed before you can progress further in the mission. I have given this feedback to our devs and they will be reviewing the wording of the objectives for clarity.
    Bug: The Waypoints are not dots. - Working as Designed -This is due to the Doors being apart of the Open Mission. We will be moving the lackies away from these doors to place more emphasis on the Door.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not a bug, but would it be possible to have Sneak use the standard character running animations? At the moment, when a ground travel power like Acrobatics is active, it creates a sort of...hyperspeed shuffle that looks comically bad.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Can't wait to see the pinnacle of the mission.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    BUG: On top of the second mission instance being empty, all of the instances appear to lock out as soon as any player enters one, so only one player (possibly team) at a time can enter any particular instance to advance the Open Mission.

If this is by design, kindly rethink the design.

No offense, but as is, it is mostly in exercise in frustration being in competition with every other player interested in seeing this new content.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    We have fixed a lot of the issues with the event and we are planing for another update to PTS tonight. At the moment, I am shooting for the shard to be updated around 7:00PM Pacific, maybe earlier.

Bug: Second Sighting is an empty map. - This issue has been resolved.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    iamrune wrote: »
    BUG: On top of the second mission instance being empty, all of the instances appear to lock out as soon as any player enters one, so only one player (possibly team) at a time can enter any particular instance to advance the Open Mission.

The Open Mission in MIL rotates on its own, and is not linked to any of the instance maps. When all three instances have gone in rotation, the open mission will reset and start over.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    drannic wrote: »
    The Open Mission in MIL rotates on its own, and is not linked to any of the instance maps. When all three instances have gone in rotation, the open mission will reset and start over.

Talking about open Missions in MIL .. will "A bullet for Biselle" ever be fixed ? :rolleyes:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Talking about open Missions in MIL .. will "A bullet for Biselle" ever be fixed ? :rolleyes:
    It was fixed, check live :D
This discussion has been closed.