test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returner Needs Some Help please :)

scottshadowscottshadow Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Power Discussion
Hello all, ive been on about a year long hiatus and am very excited to return to the game with all these fancy new improvements, however I have many questions that ive searched the forums for, but would love a straight forward answer

First off I need help with a build- I will be duoing with my friend for the majority of my playtime and I envision my character as a commando using gadgets and guns, maybe some power armor choices, with good range DPS, maybe even stealth with the new night avenger powers, but I would like to maintain good survivability instead of being a straight glass cannon.

Ive gone through many of the powers and I know there are some big decisions to be made, but I would appreciate it if somebody could help get me started and if there are any absolute must haves as far as power choices go?

And now for just a few small questions-

1) I heard that there will be a jet travel power, but i would like to know if it is a power or like a temporary device that you have to buy?

2) Ive read up on the specialization tree and understand it well enough, but I am unsureof how much a difference they make? are they powerful, or just small added bonuses?

I'm extremely excited to get this character underway and if i have any more questions i will post them in this thread :) thank you all for any replies and I truly do appreciate the time spent helping a returning vet out :)
Post edited by scottshadow on

Comments

• haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    DEX as primary superstat; use Quarry as your passive. Use Specializations and gear to enhance dodge, avoidance, crit chance and crit severity. Take a self heal. take an AoE or two, a good single target attack, Masterful Dodge as your defense click, Lock and Load as an offense click. For a survivability versus damage trade-off, take Fair Game on Quarry instead of Rank 3 and get a self heal for each mob you defeat. For even more health on kill goodness, put points into the Vindicator specialization called The Rush of Battle.

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • elenahallelenahall Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd say if he does go that route of dodge and avoidance already bountiful chi with resurgent reiki is a no brainer as a heal.

Other than that dex primary for a defensive dps char is likely a good idea yep.
  • konru2konru2 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Whether you are a ranged DPS, ranged tank, or ranged hybrid. The one must-have skill I can think of is Concentration. Which means one of your must-have stats is either Ego or Intelligence.

Dexterity is actually a really powerful super-stat to have, even as a secondary. As a primary stat, specializations can help your choice of dodge, avoidance, critical severity. I strongly recommend critical severity. Dexterity itself improves critical strike odds, which is why it is good to have.

But that still leaves a lot of good stat combinations open. I recommend primary Ego, secondary Dexterity and Recovery for a raw DPS build. Ego also has the option for an extra 20% critical severity in its specialization, as well as a couple more ways to exploit critical hits. Primary Dexterity with secondary Intelligence and Recovery can work well if you use active defenses or other cool-down powers to increase survivability. Primary Dexterity with secondary Intelligence and Constitution would be a step toward more durable.

Beyond that, there are a lot more choices to be made. So it's up to you.