test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the Black Lightning?

lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Power Discussion
I've noticed in some alerts I've done that sometimes there is "Black Lightning" that will come down and quickly strikes my target.

So what's with the Black Lightning? What's it's cause/source, and what exactly is it doing?

I used to think it was someone else's power, as usually we're all attacking the same (boss) target, but then recently I've noticed it happening a few times while I'm the only one attacking a particular lackey, and I don't know how or why Two-Gun Mojo would cause the black lightning...
jIBJh7X.jpg
When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aura of Ebon Destruction's innate advantage that whenever you or an ally crit while under its effects, you deal additional magic damage, that black lightning is the additional magic damage
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    Aura of Ebon Destruction's innate advantage that whenever you or an ally crit while under its effects, you deal additional magic damage, that black lightning is the additional magic damage
    Oh?

That seems rather groovy. I'll have to look into that more...

Thanks for the reply.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are you sure? That benefit isn't in the description, and I have never seen it happen with my toon that has AoED.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Pretty sure it is in the description.

The effect can be easy to miss if you're not specifically looking for it.
  • masterzenshoumasterzenshou Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, it's in the description. It's covered under the power of extra magical damage upon crits that can only occur twice every six seconds.

The black lightning is that extra magical damage occurring.