Install Arc
Options

FC.30.20120813a.0 PTS Update

13»

Comments

• Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Dex int/ego quarry, dexterity/guardian/vindicator -dex mastery, full purple gear with R5 mods slotted and a Vigilante's critical belt in secondary offense. That's it... My AR scales up to around 4K on the last few hits.

Pink's stats.

AR Combat log, just for shiggles.

And this is my -lowest- DPS, dps toon...

That still looks all more like maybe 2000 average DPS for me but not 3000.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    Nothing major just something more then what they have. For me, it at least says that the form has been triggered and things just got serious. Aside from the model fx, there isn't anything. Just my own personal beef and annoyance honestly.

Edit: Or at the very least, something that differentiates them from each other... I guess in a way, if the animation weren't neutral enough it may cause theme issues. Hmm.. oh well. In any case, just something small that nags me..

I just don't see a reason to bother that unless you are faceplanting every other minute no one would notice or even care because it honestly won't be something you will be using in or near combat.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just don't see a reason to bother that unless you are faceplanting every other minute no one would notice or even care because it honestly won't be something you will be using in or near combat.

lol true but it really wouldn't be for anyone else. I like to get into my characters and the GFX would help my immersion as where now, I'm just sort of think, that's it? That's about it, it helps sell the world to the player. Am I being selfish? ^^; Serious question, I'm not trying to be facetious xD There are always more important things to focus on but something, anything would be better than now. Something probably tied into the icon so that way it's more neutral...

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    NP :wink:

Maybe i can clear up my viewpoint on "super powers" vs. "vehicles" by being a bit more clear myself :tongue:

I want "TRAVEL POWERS" to be the best way to get from point A to point B in the game.
    Whether that travel power come from "Power points spent, or devices" (Legacy CTP's, or Becomes/Humanoid, since they're just a limited AT).
    I do not want CO to become "fighter jets online".
    I do not want to have to use a vehicle to compete in the TP arms race in a Super Hero Themed game.

The new Vehichles should COMPLIMENT the current power structure of power frameworks of superpowers, not replace them in any way shape or form...Including TRAVEL :frown:

Yeah .. thats something that a lot of people simply don't understand i fear. They don't have
    any problems when suddenly all fights would look as Space Battles in Galactica :redface:

Really .. what makes CO oustanding ? Its the Costume Designer and Freeform. So where
    will we go if everyone just looks like a generic Vehicle with generic Powers ?

Yeah .. to GW2 maybe.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    lol true but it really wouldn't be for anyone else. I like to get into my characters and the GFX would help my immersion as where now, I'm just sort of think, that's it? That's about it, it helps sell the world to the player. Am I being selfish? ^^; Serious question, I'm not trying to be facetious xD There are always more important things to focus on but something, anything would be better than now. Something probably tied into the icon so that way it's more neutral...

They could give you spookie fingers and the horrid glow that bestial had for a while :tongue:
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Well, are the animators busy? :tongue:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well, are the animators busy? :tongue:

Probably, between Neverwinter and the new stuff they are adding in with the vehicles.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Probably, between Neverwinter and the new stuff they are adding in with the vehicles.

True, though CO animators aren't working on Neverwinter. They put a lot more effort there then here, though. Which is sad, I've never seen so much squandered potential before, CO would be a true gem had it well, more attention.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    True, though CO animators aren't working on Neverwinter. They put a lot more effort there then here, though. Which is sad, I've never seen so much squandered potential before, CO would be a true gem had it well, more attention.

I don't know if animators are per department or for the whole engine. After all animations are shared between each game so I would wager they are more or less shared between the entire engine instead of just one particular game with someone that can add effects as they are needed (I think Splosions for Champs) to particular things.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I don't know if animators are per department or for the whole engine. After all animations are shared between each game so I would wager they are more or less shared between the entire engine instead of just one particular game with someone that can add effects as they are needed (I think Splosions for Champs) to particular things.

Well, if animations are shared, why don't we have STO's emotes? :frown: