test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Munitions Bots worth using?

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Power Discussion
The damage seems cripplingly low, just going off of the Wiki's data. To the point where I can't even tell if it'd be worth summoning them if they were available. Is it at all worth it in-practice? Do the rate of fire, AoE, and range (in turret form at rank 3) make it viable?

Or would it be best to go with Attack Toys, instead? (Archetypes, uuugh. I miss Gold status.)
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    konru2konru2 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The wiki and in-game catalog don't currently display how fast, or how much of a cooldown each of the pet's powers have. So it's actually a bit harder to compare pets just from the wiki data.

Muntion Bots are actually rather popular among pet users. Among the controllable pets, they are the only ones with a 100' range, and are the best for AoE damage. Their damage may seem a bit low on paper. But for the single power, you get two bots, and each bot has at least twice the rate of fire of the larger pets. So the DPS is going to be at least 4 times what the damage is listed as.

Most other pets, including Attack Toys (AFAIK) seem to have a fire rate about once per second. So, the base damage listed for that main attack is also the base DPS. Yeah, it sucks.

In turret mode, Munition bots can really pour out the damage relative to other controllable pets. That small damage with the double fire rate coming from two bots can do slightly better damage then the heavy hitting pets like the Void Horror, Air Elemental, or Primal Summoning. However, it requires some micromanaging. As turrets they are rooted. But take them out of turret mode and their DPS becomes crippled.

An attack toy is rather weak. It has more HP than a munitions bot, but not a lot of DPS until it starts summoning replicas. It takes a bit of time for the main toy to get the full entourage out. But once it does, the combined single-target DPS of four or five attack toys might be the best among the controllable pets. However, each toy's basic attack has a standard melee range (10').

If you don't like micromanaging pets, the attack toys are probably better. Munitions bots are a bit more useful if you do micromanage them. But both are well worth using if you invest in them.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah .. the micro managing of the muni-bots is really the biggest problem. Always change
    from to turret mode and back :redface:

After testing a lot of pets a while ago i personally prefer the air elemental. I found that
    it does the best damage beside the Arcane Golem, but i dont like the Golem. Also the
    Elemental stays mostly on range an seldom dies and sometimes it interrupts mobs :wink:

In the end its however just around 200 dps .. so not more than a small DOT for (nearly) free.
    R607qMf.jpg