test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Farewell all

flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
That are about to leave, have left, have yet to come and will leave.

You will come back! They all do! Eventually!
CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
And playing by myself since Aug 2009
Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    May I have your stuff?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Who says i'm leaving?
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

Gosh darnit, Finn.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love you Finn :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is why I enjoy reading Finnished thoughts.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are they releasing a new super hero game MMO?

I don't get it, why is there so much hype for another D&D-ish MMO?? :/

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited August 2012
    There be dragons.
    edited August 2012
    Pffft!! I wish I had 1g for every dragon I see at Rencen!!

I would be rich!! RICH I TELL YOU!!!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited August 2012
    You'd probably get more G's for spotting hullks, spiderrmens and the rest of the merry marvels...
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    I don't get it, why is there so much hype for another D&D-ish MMO?? :/

1. D&D and fantasy stuff is NOT small. It's big business, enormous. And it rocks!

2. I've played all of the other Neverwinter Nights games and expansion packs that Bioware made (actually I forget which studio made the original NWN, that was the best, and Hordes of the Underdark was epic). I've also been a fan of R.A. Salvatore's novels involving this "Forgotten Realms" world. I'm curious to see what Cryptic does with it.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    There be dragons.

QFT. I love dragons, the preternatural essence of the beast, the ultimate test of the adventuring party.

PS: Teleiosaurus is the closest thing we have in this game to a dragon, she's awesome.
    You'd probably get more G's for spotting hullks, spiderrmens and the rest of the merry marvels...

QFT again.
    edited August 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    1. D&D and fantasy stuff is NOT small. It's big business, enormous. And it rocks!

2. I've played all of the other Neverwinter Nights games and expansion packs that Bioware made (actually I forget which studio made the original NWN, that was the best, and Hordes of the Underdark was epic). I've also been a fan of R.A. Salvatore's novels involving this "Forgotten Realms" world. I'm curious to see what Cryptic does with it.

QFT. I love dragons, the preternatural essence of the beast, the ultimate test of the adventuring party.

PS: Teleiosaurus is the closest thing we have in this game to a dragon, she's awesome.

QFT again.

Thank you!! I haven't notice how fantasy stuff was a huge market!! Thanks for telling me this!! You are awesome!! :D

What I was trying to point is that this game is a heroic modern game with lasers and pew pews, and the other game is fantasy medieval stuff.

Sure! Is new, fancy, aweinspiring, but is not even the same genre as this one. I play this game due customization, I can play a shark with lasers.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited August 2012

For some strange reasons, I see more wolves/demons than those. I'm going to start a drinking game! :biggrin:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you!! I haven't notice how fantasy stuff was a huge market!! Thanks for telling me this!! You are awesome!! :D

The sarcasm is unnecessary, I can't help it if the question you asked is painfully obvious...

And yes, sharks with frikin' laser beams. (I think it's also the name of an achievement or a mission in the Lemuria zone actually, Cryptic makes a lot of popculture references like that)
    What I was trying to point is that this game is a heroic modern game with lasers and pew pews, and the other game is fantasy medieval stuff.

Different strokes for different folks. *shrug*

Only thing that irks me from that standpoint is this game wasn't properly invested into and wasn't advertised well enough. A lot of that issue has roots back in the sloppy launch that is started with, landing it only average reviews from important reviewers like G4's XPlay show.

XPlay had their criticism right from day #1: This game has a lot of potential, but needs more content (initially launched with just one zone) and bug fixing (initially the servers had bad disconnecting issues apparently).

Although the specifics have changed this game still does have untapped potential and needs content
    For some strange reasons, I see more wolves/demons than those. I'm going to start a drinking game! :biggrin:

Hold on now, furies (furries? sp?) are a whole 'nutha situation! :-3

Furies (the wolf types mainly) are crazy common in this game, and they seems to disproportionately win most of the Costume Contests... >_>

That said some are pretty nice (i.e.: this group called Beasties, or something like that, that roleplay in-character like they're some sort of alien race visiting Earth) Sadly I don't know if they're still around, but there's a lot of wolf-people in that group.

So I'd join you in the drinking game, but we'd both probably get drunk, even with my Irish and Native American genetics giving me a natural resistance to the ethanol :-3
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    (initially launched with just one zone)

Wat?

biffsig.jpg
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Are you MAD?!?!?!?
    This Forum community is already small enough.
    We don't need you dying of alcohol poisoning in the middle of Ren. Centre!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I think im going to start my own drinking game.

Every time someone posts an "im quitting/leaving/good-bye" topic. Or one of the regular haters mentions GW2 or how much CO stinks. (to them)

I'm going to toss an expensive bottle of booze into the trash.

Thats how the game is played...right? :biggrin:
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I'd be ok with more Mary Marvels...
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh, you're not leaving...

*expression of a fat kid about to eat a healthy snack*
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2012

That said some are pretty nice (i.e.: this group called Beasties, or something like that, that roleplay in-character like they're some sort of alien race visiting Earth) Sadly I don't know if they're still around, but there's a lot of wolf-people in that group.

Yeah there's a lot of furry SG's around. Zenafur, Beasties, Fantastic Furs, Latin Furry Club.. to name some. So, we're still around.
    Pffft!! I wish I had 1g for every dragon I see at Rencen!!

I would be rich!! RICH I TELL YOU!!!

If I had a Global for every character with a 'dragon' in their name and they are not a dragon. I'd be rich too.

Needs moar lizards.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Btw.: THAT was at least just a funny Hulk Clone :cool:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I'd be rolling in 1000s of Gs if this was the case:biggrin:
  • illuminia87illuminia87 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    initially launched with just one zone

We clearly are not playing the same game. I have participated in closed and open beta and CO has most definitely NEVER only had one zone. EVER, so no idea where this statement comes from.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We clearly are not playing the same game. I have participated in closed and open beta and CO has most definitely NEVER only had one zone. EVER, so no idea where this statement comes from.

Yeah, thats an odd one. CO had MC, Canada, The Desert, Monster Island, and Lemuria at launch with Vibora Bay added later.

Meybe agentnx5 was referring to leveling paths ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While fantasy mmo's market is a way bigger than superhero mmo's it is also true that there are tenths if not hundreds of fantasy mmos. That is probably what it was pointed before.

I am not too surprised, since mmo players switch games more often than before. Almost a year ago we were discussing about the wowkilla that is actually going hybrid faster than CO.
    edited August 2012
    The sarcasm is unnecessary, I can't help it if the question you asked is painfully obvious...

And yes, sharks with frikin' laser beams. (I think it's also the name of an achievement or a mission in the Lemuria zone actually, Cryptic makes a lot of popculture references like that)

Hold on now, furies (furries? sp?) are a whole 'nutha situation! :-3

Furies (the wolf types mainly) are crazy common in this game, and they seems to disproportionately win most of the Costume Contests... >_>

So I'd join you in the drinking game, but we'd both probably get drunk, even with my Irish and Native American genetics giving me a natural resistance to the ethanol :-3

I really apologize for the sarcasm, I love D&Dish games, I play tabletop rpgs and so forth. I just wanted to be ironic and witty, just that backfired :p

My main language is spanish, I can handle myself sort of well with english, but there are some stuff that are normal to say in spanish that doesn't translate very well into english, and that's why they sound weird.

About furries? Don't get me wrong, I like them, lots! I even have two or three characters into the furry SGs :cool:

Again, I apologize for the rude comment :redface:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As far as GW2 and the other fantasy games goes, people can have it. Superheroes are what I love, and I don't plan on walking away from CO any time soon. Yeah, it has its flaws and faults, but I'm gonna stick with it.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Yeah, thats an odd one. CO had MC, Canada, The Desert, Monster Island, and Lemuria at launch with Vibora Bay added later.

Meybe agentnx5 was referring to leveling paths ?

Actually, at Launch there were TWO possible early levelling paths, the Desert Crisis and the Canada Crisis. Many people used a loophole to do both in order to get a major leg up on early level content.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was scared for a second there xD Even if we don't talk at all anymore really, it'd be a shame to see you leave ^^ I found a Finn!

Really though, a lot of people have been leaving... I hope business kicks up. My SG is looking a little deserted... but we'll know for sure there's DOOOOM, when we drop below 5instances in MC but at 6, we're coming close >.> A typical summer population drop one of my friends says and that they'll be back, I hope that's the case

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
This discussion has been closed.