test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hi Pan Rewards ?

smuggl3rsmuggl3r Posts: 56 Arc User
Hey

Just wondering if the rewards for the new alert might not be working properly. Done the alert a couple of times now and the dragon bag thing hasnt had anything in it. Checked my inventory currencies page and my normal inventory. nothing.

Alert is fun. My favorite yet. But will get old fast without any rewards.

EDIT: anyone else think that 750 resources at level 40 is weird ?
Post edited by smuggl3r on

Comments

• stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Or maybe you just haven't gotten anything yet? jeez you already expect rewards this early?
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My first one was empty too, the second one had like 200 Q in it.

On a related note.. aren't these samurai bits the same as the ones from the costume set?

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • smuggl3rsmuggl3r Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stmoth wrote: »
    Or maybe you just haven't gotten anything yet? jeez you already expect rewards this early?

Not sure what thats supposed to mean. Pretty sure I didnt piss in your cheerios this morning.

All Im saying is that in most games Ive seen a drop from a boss isnt supposed to be empty.

If he just hadnt dropped anything at all...well thats different. Lots of bosses in games dont drop sometimes. But if there is a drop, and its empty, seems weird.

Then you figure the resource reward. less than one national.

Do have a question though, how many bags of any other sort in game have zero content (bought weapon skins with drifter salvage no problem) ?

Next question, if the bags have zero content why go after them ?

Play games for fun. Rewards are nice extras. But content will never get released as fast as people play it. Rewards help motivate folks to repeat alerts and such. If there arent any...
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so far I've gotten his staff(as a device) and Q amounts between 200-700.
    edited July 2012
    So you didn't get anything at all as a reward then? Ah, well now that just sounds like bad luck, considering that others have posted that they got rewards.
    edited July 2012
    stmoth wrote: »
    So you didn't get anything at all as a reward then? Ah, well now that just sounds like bad luck, considering that others have posted that they got rewards.

Same, kinda blech. Thank go the fights neat and the scenery is cool, otherwise it'd suck

In game as @forgemccain
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've gotten two costume pieces (the old Samurai Z-Store set), various Q amounts (200 to 700 so far), and a teammate got an unlimited use Hi-Pan Dragon Staff (Gigabolt).

Oh, and I've also gotten 2 bags containing absolutely nothing (although CO 'freezes' for just a second or so as if it's thinking).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    I've gotten two costume pieces (the old Samurai Z-Store set), various Q amounts (200 to 700 so far), and a teammate got an unlimited use Hi-Pan Dragon Staff (Gigabolt).

Oh, and I've also gotten 2 bags containing absolutely nothing (although CO 'freezes' for just a second or so as if it's thinking).

I am thinking that those empty bags are supposed to be Hi-Pan's armor... but the drop its bugged... somehow I am getting that feeling.

So far I've got the staff as a limited charge device... Q and the Z-Store samurai pieces... and Ive run this babe for 2 hours straight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Did it twice, got a Samurai hip pad from one of the beginning mobs, 200 Q in each of 2 bags, and 750 per run. The Alert was fun, the visuals very nice, but the resource reward is insulting.

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,394 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have also gotten an empty box. I assume this is a bug.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I have also gotten an empty box. I assume this is a bug.

It's a bug, but you got the dragon armor for it. Just search for Dragon in your costume search function will list the dragon item stuff. There are a couple of pieces from previous sets with dragon in them, but you should be able to make out the dragon armor easily. There are 6 pieces in total, that I know of;

Dragon Chest
    Dragon Gauntlets
    Dragon Belt
    Dragon Helmet
    Dragon Shoulders
    Dragon Staff.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,614 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's what those empty bags were? At least we're getting something. =)
    edited July 2012
    That's what those empty bags were? At least we're getting something. =)

The problem though is that you can get duplicates. And the duplicates are automatically consumed, so you can still end up getting nothing in the end.

It's not like say, the Samurai set you can get off of the mobs in the instance, where you have an item you can either use or sell. The Dragon pieces just go poof into the wind.
  • fysielfysiel Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was wondering this exact same thing...had a delayed bag pop after I used my supply kit and got like 5k questionite which was awesome...but then had 4 bags pop nothing. If we are getting costume pieces then that is a plus and just means the system message is bugged or something similar.

I checked my costume list and lo, there were two Dragon Armor pieces in there (yay! Helm and Bracers). Just gonna be annoying until they fix that message.
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So, "Empty bag" = "Check your costume list for "Dragon *.* "? :confused:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • saurializardsaurializard Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Actually, even this doesn't protect you from not having anything. Unless I'm so unlucky that even after a dozen of runs, I only get the staff or the chest armor everytime
    edited July 2012
    So, "Empty bag" = "Check your costume list for "Dragon *.* "? :confused:

Correct.

Just keep in mind that if the RNG gives you the same costume unlock again, it goes Poof! into the wind.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So with this alert they try again to invent something like bind on pickup items ?
    Looks like they did it better than within the first Comic Series, since i saw no
    protests so far.
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    So with this alert they try again to invent something like bind on pickup items ?
    Looks like they did it better than within the first Comic Series, since i saw no
    protests so far.

I'm guessing that it's supposed to drop a BoE (like the Samurai bits from the random mobs in the instance) but for whatever reason, it's not dropping an item and instead auto-consuming them. Why you end up with absolutely nothing sometimes (as you already have it).
    edited July 2012
    Actually, even this doesn't protect you from not having anything. Unless I'm so unlucky that even after a dozen of runs, I only get the staff or the chest armor everytime

The way drop rates for costumes are in this game you'd be quite lucky if you got two drops in two dozen runs anyway, so maybe it's only hurting the item farmers...

In game as @forgemccain
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    we had a Dev on line yesterday, he said they were supposed to pop up in bags. he also knows about the spelling error on the chest peice - dargon. and that the shoulders don't show in the shoulder list, only in the blue box area.

yes we all told him that a message saying we got a costume peice would be useful

I've got the
    shoulders- nice.
    helmet- headbutt special wiht those horns.
    chest- metal bikini top on a female
    belt- world championship wrestling comes to mind. It's HUGE

Nice patterning on them
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• orgamechorgamech Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    chaelk wrote: »
    he also knows about the spelling error on the chest peice - dargon.

You should also mention to him that the gem on the chest piece doesn't have it's glow activated to match that of the helmet.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,394 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's a shame that there's all these bugs and quirks with the rewards, this is a great mission but it just seems they can't get an error free addition to the game these days.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got

1. samurai bracers
    2. Q
    3. Q
    4. 3 charge staff
    5. Q
    6. Q
    7. nothing, and that graphic "skip"
    8. nothing, and that graphic "skip"

Seems like a bug, not a feature.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    Correct.

Just keep in mind that if the RNG gives you the same costume unlock again, it goes Poof! into the wind.
    Sucks to be someone on the AH waiting for a sale then huh? :eek:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
    edited July 2012
    EDIT: Screen skips did, in fact, get me items.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited July 2012
    Watch out, apparently the chest is misspelled and shows as Dargon Chest
    edited July 2012
    HA!

I did get an item . . . the "Dargon Chest".

Seems like it isn't bugged after all, just spelled wrong.