test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

paid archetype costumes

tombmaster123tombmaster123 Posts: 50 Arc User
Currently, I am a silver member looking to buy an archetype. I was wondering if any of the gold archetypes have costume limitations/restrictions like some of the free to play archetypes, such as the archer not being able to wear the biker vest but the glacier can.
Post edited by tombmaster123 on

Comments

• dlfroelichdlfroelich Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Clothing type costume piece restictions aren't based on your archtype. Weapon pieces are though.

New accounts do have a limited selection...somehow that might be why you're seeing your glacier with the biker vest option. All of the free silver costume parts should unlock after you've completed the tutorial.

“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” -C.S. Lewis
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think those restrictions have more to do w/ the limitations imposed when creating a new character and/or the particular type of costume chosen for a particular part - like chest wear vs only tights, etc.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • tombmaster123tombmaster123 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have already completed the tutorial and have two characters.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Have you gotten one up to lvl 10? That reportedly unlocks some options.

That being said, I just went in on a secondary account and created a Marksman - who is wearing a Biker Vest.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tombmaster123tombmaster123 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    one is level 16 and the other is level 12
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, then, I don't know what the issue is on your end, but Shaft is sporting a Biker Jacket in red with yellow detailing...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dlfroelichdlfroelich Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    O.o Do you know that each tab (Head, Torso, Legs, etc) has little categories in them?

“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” -C.S. Lewis
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, dropdown menu under the tabs where you pick body parts. blue bubble lookin thing. I had to explain this to a few people, it's way too hidden for how integral customization is to the experience of this game.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine