test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help on chooseing an energy unlock

rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Power Discussion
I've been thinking of running a hero with shadow form but using the powers from the Celestial set (i like the way they look and fit my theme as a hero with light powers).
I just cant think of an energy unlock to take.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reddestshirtreddestshirt Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rykus83 wrote: »
    I've been thinking of running a hero with shadow form but using the powers from the Celestial set (i like the way they look and fit my theme as a hero with light powers).

You need to give us a bit more to go on than that. It really depends more on what sort of powers you take rather than the power set they come from.

Take a look at this site and pick one which coincides with one of your superstats and intended attacks:
    http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Energy_Unlock

Some examples without really knowing what you plan with your build:
    Spirit Reverberation, requires you to reliably keep your targets feared, but otherwise triggers on Celestial attacks. Recommended if you will have high constitution and some fear from Shadow.

Molecular Self-Assembly, great if you have lots of powers with cooldowns, such as Conviction from Celestial.

But really, you need to decide what sort of stats and attacks you will have before deciding on an energy unlock.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Overdrive is also an Option if you use mainly maintained powers.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rykus83 wrote: »

What are your super stats? If int is one of them, consider MSA (molecular self assembly). All you need is a power w/ a short cooldown, like conviction, to keep the energy coming in.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Overdrive is also an Option if you use mainly maintained powers.

I never really felt like MSA was doing it's job, no matter how many cooldown bits I use. I use a lot of maintains (or even if it's just my main damage dealer), I'm more likely than not going to take Overdrive. I love OD.

Barring something much more suitable like the way Supernatural Power works. If SP synergizes with what you're doing, I can't imagine not using SP.
    10dsf81.png
  • sparkrockersparkrocker Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    just my 2 cents: Ive built a shadow/ sorcery build that uses almost all maintains that uses overdrive. I went pss Dex, secondary end/ con using Seraphim in support role. Its ridiculously effective... I can maintain any power to completion and never run out of energy, plus with crits and rank 3 seraphim i still pump out damage.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've got a shadow form hero using a mix of celestial and darkness attacks. What I've got for my energy unlock is Spirit Reverb since my target is almost always feared and all my attacks to dimensional damage, plus I have Compassion as well so i'm gaining energy from my periodic stacks from healing. Surprisingly, despite how the skill is worded, Compassion does trigger off self heals, just not as often, it even will trigger from Life Drain. I havn't once run into an energy issue on her
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png