test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unko Man's Costuporium

unkomanplusunkomanplus Posts: 19 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Costumes and Concepts
Costuporium? What is that?
That is not a real word.

What is real are these costumes I have made on my Champions characters. Well, not real. Digital. They are entirely digital. Okay, I'm losing my train of thought.
A lot of these folks are characters I've had for quite some time before this game was a concept, though a few are game only, or have been greatly changed to fit.

First up we'll look at the Corpse: high flying celebrity zombie and my only level 40 hero, despite playing the game on and off since release.
Conrad Veidt was a theatre worker of some regard when he botched a rich girl's first foray into magic ritual. His body died, but his spirit remained, possessing supernatural powers. He decided to use it to his advantage, becoming a smash celebrity.
His original costume is something he found in the theatre he worked at.
Decayed version.
Glam costume.
Dark look.
Civilian appearance.
Then one based on Spider-Man 2099, and my really wanting to use the skeleton option. I don't entirely like it though.
And finally, a random Devilman look, since I do quite like Devilman.

Next is Unko Man, my namesake. He's been through many different transitions. I've always intentionally left his origin open, since he is never out of costume. He's just a sort of goofy, tech based hero. I could see him fitting into the Tick's world.
Standard outfit.
Classic outfit.
Freedom Reborn (My old supergroup.)
Civilian disguise.
Stealth gear.
Space/Aquatic suit.
Robot helper.

Danger is a character from a webcomic I used to do, long ago. He's a totally weird looking cartoon dude. I tried to make him as best I could. I've since changed his design in the drawings, but it still doesn't really look like him.
Original attempt. I tried to spice it up with elbow and shoulder pads.
Freedom Reborn uniform.
Armoured hero.
Random costume I threw together after the golden age pieces came out.
Golden god concept.
White costume, and current favourite.

Now Nom De Guerre. Nom De Guerre is not actually one person. It is an essence. The spirit of swordplay, if you will. It takes over a host body, warping them to suit its needs (thinning and elongated the frame), and uses the body until it is worn out. Despite being abhorrently violent and destroying its host, its personality tends to be fairly jovial.
I had this character before, but with a less defined backstory. Basically he'd show up in times of war to fight for one side or the other. Nobody would know who he was or where he came from.
In Champions, however, I thought it might be fun to make a sentai styled team, composed of people possessed by the spirit of something. Spirit of swordplay, spirit of gunplay, spirit of the claw, spirit of archery... Some people I played with were interested, but it never worked out. His costumes have changed a bit since then... also, I just wrote way too much about this.
Original-ish outfit. (He had a more sentai helmet originally.)
Classic Sentai.
Military style.
Japan tech.
Future tech.
Post apocalyptic.

La M?scara de la Muerte Roja. He is based on two different concepts, smashed together. One was the idea of the man with magic bullets, except the devil uses the first one to murder his bride to be. The man then spends the rest of his life hunting the devil, since those bullets have the power to kill Satan himself. The other was of a Mexican man, orphaned at a young age by supernatural forces. He grows up in a church and uses holy pistols to rid the world of such evil. He would be a sort of Punisher style character in the Corpse's world.
He basically ended up as concept two, with his origins being that he was saved from the demons that got his family by concept one, then mentored in gunplay by this man. Finally the man stops visiting the church, so he goes in search of his mentor, and continues his work.
Original costume.
Urban gear.
Golden age.
Silver age.
Random "Shadow" costume.
Possible "spirit of gunplay" outfit. I haven't given him this yet though, and don't know if I should.

Here's Chemo Lad. He's a young boy who had a terrible illness. He was subjected to experimental radiation treatment and it granted him super human abilities. He can now harm or heal. I played this fella in CoH for a bit.
Original outfit.
My favourite outfit.
Simple mint outfit.
Retro sci-fi outfit.
Angsty teenager outfit.

MicroCosm is a character I had skinned for a mod in Freedom Force (what got me into super hero games... and customization.) I didn't come up with his initial concept, but I rad with it and basically just took over the character. I love tiny guys. Ant-Man. The Atom. I don't know why.
Original CO costume. (This was before there were any round helmets.)
Freedom Reborn uniform.
Silver Age.
A more alien version.
A more techy version (with a big silver helmet!)
Even more techy, and probably my favourite.

Sea Lad is a twenty something slacker. His dad was a super hero and his grandfather was a super villain. He mostly fights crime out of respect for their history, and for kicks. It's just what he knows. He also works in a sea food restaurant, part time, and has a terrible band. You know the sort. He named himself after his grandfather's arch enemy, Sea Man, but changed it slightly for obvious reasons.
I just realized, you can't see it, but he has a big fin on his back.
Main costume.
Sea Lad as a child.
The Leviathan. (His father.)
Accidentally mutated further, by his grandfather.
Slightly more "mature" costume."
Fantasy style armor, for no reason.

ASAM is a character made purely for CO, and purely because I wanted to try mentalist powers. I like mentalists. I had originally done The Ghost of Mars, a sort of ghostly J'onn J'onzz homage, but I didn't click with his character. Then I read a bunch of Guardians of the Galaxy and thought to myself, you know who I love? Adam Warlock. So this is loosely based on him.
ASAM stands for Advanced Spritless Artifical Man. He was created in a batch, by PSI, as a being that could host unlimited psychic power, but was not meant to have any personality of his own. The plans went astray as a bunch of heroes came and busted up their plans, destroying most of the artificial bodies. One managed to survive, however, and went into hiding. He is alone is this world and discovering what his mind can do.
Psi uniform.
Masters of the Universe inspired outfit.
Adam Warlock/Glam outfit.
Captain Marvel inspired outfit.

There's some other characters who I don't have any good screenshots of. I might post them later. Heck, I just made a couple recently, to test powers, and totally fell in love with them. I usually only play characters whose stories I really connect with. Even though there's some powers I really want to try (Heavy Weapons seems neat) I just can't get a character who'd I'd personally want to play.
Post edited by unkomanplus on

Comments

• cyberruckcyberruck Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I love your the corpse and la m costumes.
    Oh and if you would would you please put your powers and stats you choose for chemolad.
    I have a character who has the same powers and i don't know how to work it out.
    The character is radiaid,he's a cuban freedom figther who broke into a cuba goverment faclity,and mind was somehow put into,the weapon the govement was working on,a robot that controls radiation.
  • gurskimetalgurskimetal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • unkomanplusunkomanplus Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Chemo Lad started out as a fire powered hero, just coloured green. When celestial came along I tried to mix and match some of those. Then they got all those toxic powers, so I tried toxic, but found it didn't mesh with celestial as much as I'd liked, and wasn't as bright looking as fire so I went back.

I dunno though. I don't play him too often, as I tend to solo and he's more of a support character, so he's kind of on the fence. I'll probably retcon him again at some point.

If you want purely damage radiation you might just want to go with infernal.