test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thrash of the Lich King perk

zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
I started to do the Blood Moon perks on my new Freeform character, i noticed that i couldn't get the "Thrash of the Lich King" perk instead i got "A Bone to Pick" so that makes it impossible to get the "Moonstruck" perk for new player/characters, am i right?

As i search at CO wiki, that "Thrash of the Lich King" perk is from the Open Mission that have the Deathlord boss, and this new Bloodmoon seems don't have it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
Post edited by zerojad on

Comments

• somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, we haven't had a Bloodmoon event period for something Iike 8 months now, so hopefully we'll see the old version sometime or another soonish.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I heard that the bloodmoon for halloween is special and should give you the perk.

Also I heard that the bloodmoon non halloween has no takofanes, but we already know that's not true.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The deathlord is roaming about in the new open mission, I don't know if killing him in this version will get you the perk though.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stoopidme wrote: »
    The deathlord is roaming about in the new open mission, I don't know if killing him in this version will get you the perk though.

No it won't. The version we have now is the Halloween one. I'm guessing it's because Monday is the 20th Anniversary of when Dr. Destroyer destroyed Detroit, and the whole 13 undead heroes has to do with that event.

Hopefully next month we'll the normal one, where Taco doesn't get out of his chair, during the full moon like normal.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    No it won't. The version we have now is the Halloween one. I'm guessing it's because Monday is the 20th Anniversary of when Dr. Destroyer destroyed Detroit, and the whole 13 undead heroes has to do with that event.

Hopefully next month we'll the normal one, where Taco doesn't get out of his chair, during the full moon like normal.

The deathlord is there though in the halloween version, he attacks the 13 ghostly heroes. Not that anyone notices him.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had done both without said perk appearing on my main original characters, so don't be surprised if you need to submit a ticket for the perk once you qualify.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oh, please keep this version. I don't mind the perk change, I LOVE dark aura access. Much better this way.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    I heard that the bloodmoon for halloween is special and should give you the perk.

Also I heard that the bloodmoon non halloween has no takofanes, but we already know that's not true.

This was a special case though, it was a 20th anniversary event of battle of detroit, so they used the halloween event version instead of the normal one.

stoopidme wrote: »
    The deathlord is there though in the halloween version, he attacks the 13 ghostly heroes. Not that anyone notices him.

These deathlords are slightly smaller. And the perk is directly tied into completion of the open mission, and since they are two completely different open missions, you can not get one from the other.

same as how i had to explain to someone before about the bat wing device the Deathlord open mission would give, and the deathlords in the takofanes misison don't drop.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oh, please keep this version. I don't mind the perk change, I LOVE dark aura access. Much better this way.

Aren't the Halloween bag drops a bit stupid when it is not actually Halloween? :rolleyes:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    klitty wrote: »

The Halloween Bloodmoon originally had you fighting Tako personally and getting the A Bone To Pick perk for it. The monthly Bloodmoon has you fighting against one of Tako's Deathlords and getting the Thrash of the Lich King perk for it. Our current Bloodmoon is the Halloween Bloodmoon.
    And if they make the Halloween Bloodmoon into the monthly one, we won't be able to fight the Deathlord anymore and the perk would be lost.

SHUT UP! Everything is better than broken content! It's NOT better this way! :mad:
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why are so many people getting bent out of shape over a perk being there or not being there? It's not like it makes a durned bit of difference any more - perks don't do anything any more. No big.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Why are so many people getting bent out of shape over a perk being there or not being there? It's not like it makes a durned bit of difference any more - perks don't do anything any more. No big.

Can you get the costume pieces linked to the perk in any other way ?

I honestly dont know.

The Takofanes mask is one of my favorite costume pieces in CO and it would be a bummer if people were locked out of it.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »

Well for one, the one where you have to fight the deathlord actually gives you costume pieces if you unlock the perk. It might also give the tako action figure, but I'm not sure if you get that as a general for the open mission or if its perk specific.
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Isn't it a bit early to assume that the 'regular' version no longer exists, given it's a) the return of the event (which makes sense that Takofanes himself would be showing up) and b) really close to the 20th anniversary of the event it commemorates in the first place?

While still a possibility, there's at least some pretty solid reasoning in the 'unlikely' range of variables that suggests maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves by assuming the 'regular' version got dropped in favor of the 'special' one...

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I do not assume that the Halloween Bloodmoon is going to replace the regular version in the future. I just wanted to point out what would happen if it did.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hopefully next month there wont be one at all til Halloween, im still sick of bloodmoon almost from it occurring nearly every month of last year.

keep in mind also, the worth while loot formthe deathlord, no longer exist, simmilar to your red eye pistols, elderworm humidity domes, etc. hell the onyl loot that tako evenr eally had was his costume pieces and dark aura, and thats IT

HOWEVER, suggestion!

for halloween, make us able to fight both Takofanes, AND have the deathlord spawn at areas throughout the map that way theres mreo "big fights" than just takofanes