test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In Memoriam: Event(s) for the 20th Anniversary of the Battle of Detroit.

angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
DISCLAIMER:
( Yes, i titled the thread almost the same as the CC thread so that attention would be drawn to BOTH. )
So, with all the lavish attention to detail Cryptic has given Champions online.
We need the awsome potential an event of this magnatude could generate!
"July 23rd, the 20th anniversary of the battle of Detroit..."
...Falls on a Thursday this year.
The possibility of a weekend long event is just the start!

"What ideas do you have that could be involved in this event?" :confused:

DISCUSS...
__________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
| ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
[SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
Post edited by angelofcaine on

Comments

• Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Doctor Destroyer non shadowed please. Even if it is only found out to be a Foxbat robotic imposter to draw attention away from one of Foxbat's schemes that you must also stop within a time limit after the Dr Destroyer Decoy. Just an idea.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would say it's a fine day for Mechanon to re appear and try to eradicate all imperfect life in earth. Time to crush all hope the very day important heroes fall during the Battle of Detroit :biggrin:

What ?

Tako ?

No Tako here :tongue:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Drop the Mega-D's in the middle of Ren Center like they did for the 1st (I SAID THE FIRST REAL) anniversary and call it a day.

Anything else is outside the reach of our dev team. :eek:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Drop the Mega-D's in the middle of Ren Center like they did for the 1st (I SAID THE FIRST REAL) anniversary and call it a day.

Anything else is outside the reach of our dev team. :eek:

.. And here I was also thinking about robotic copies of the 13 dead heroes, based on data Mechanon managed to register during the Battle of Detroit...

Ok, ok, I stop daydreaming :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe do a destroid invasion like they did at end of beta?
    I'd love to walk around just about everywhere and fight a destroid swarm.OR maybe something involving mechanon or Takofanes?
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i support teh weekend long event idea
    inb4 10 man alert: Dr. D
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    DISCLAIMER:
    ( Yes, i titled the thread almost the same as the CC thread so that attention would be drawn to BOTH. )
    So, with all the lavish attention to detail Cryptic has given Champions online.
    We need the awsome potential an event of this magnatude could generate!

...Falls on a Thursday this year.
    The possibility of a weekend long event is just the start!

"What ideas do you have that could be involved in this event?" :confused:

DISCUSS...

Point of order; If you check the wiki, you'll find the Battle of Detroit took place on the late evening of July 22nd, and into the mornning of the 23rd, and it was not "many days long", it was one day long, really about ten hours. Ended roughly at 10:30 AM on the 23rd.

So it will be Sunday night/Monday morning for the 20th anniversary.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And July 4th is, by definition, one day - yet the July 4th event lasted July 2-9.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, I lobbied for an event. Unless the devs have something unforeseen up their sleeves, 'twas for nought.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    splosionssplosions Posts: 37 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    .. And here I was also thinking about robotic copies of the 13 dead heroes, based on data Mechanon managed to register during the Battle of Detroit...

Ok, ok, I stop daydreaming :wink:

I could have sworn I saw thirteen dead heroes around here somewhere, brought to unholy life by *someone* or other, can't remember his name, tip of my tongue...
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hm, was it David Blaine?

EDIT: What about Chris Angel?
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    splosions wrote: »
    I could have sworn I saw thirteen dead heroes around here somewhere, brought to unholy life by *someone* or other, can't remember his name, tip of my tongue...

*pats splosions on the head* there, there... I'll just kindly remind you about this page :

http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Detroit

and the title of this thread : "In Memoriam: Event(s) for the 20th Anniversary of the Battle of Detroit."

By the way, I find your idea absolutely fabulous, Splosions ! Well... The idea and suggestion which I don't see for the moment but I'm sure which will come... One day at least...

have a nice day :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    Hm, was it David Blaine?

EDIT: What about Chris Angel?

Why not Zoidberg!? (\/) (;,,;) (\/)

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Sorry I missed the CC, hope it went well. There were some great RP events to celebrate the anniversary. Thanks to the community for stepping up last night.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ah the battle of Detroit the day every hero got to wear failure pants.

Nepht was there ..Nepht was there with popcorn \o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In closing, i present a link to the proboards (instead of a direct link, because it's not mine) for a video that CRYPTIC IMhO should of done (not only for it's "Head Start" weekend, but also) for this date that will live in infamy in the Champions IP :wink:
    . .
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In closing, i present a link to the proboards (instead of a direct link, because it's not mine) for a video that CRYPTIC IMhO should of done (not only for it's "Head Start" weekend, but also) for this date that will live in infamy in the Champions IP :wink:
    . .

Thanks for the link, ***!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    . .

Now that's just plain old-fashioned epic! *applauds*
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?