Post edited by matixzon on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Mission Changes:

Madam Mayhem:
    Updated robot minions' dialogue
    Updated Madam Mayhem's dialogue
    Removed Duplicate Phaser Array from Fed Runabout Carrier Pet.

The Madstone:
    Updated robot minions' dialogue
    Updated Madam Mayhem's dialogue
    So, Madam Mayhem has a Runabout Pet? And has dialog in Madstone's mission?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For the record, it looks like at least 3 of these weapons aren't new and can be obtained via the Melee Weapon Pack. Not to sure about the first one its got a different naming convention.

Heavy Naginata Blade Skin
    Heavy Naginata Heavy Weapon Skin
    Martial Arts Mster Broad Sword
    Wushu Medium Sword
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Posts: 1,748 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, Madam Mayhem has a Runabout Pet? And has dialog in Madstone's mission?

Do you ever get the feeling they're not even paying attention any more?
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Proof-reading is your friend Cryptic.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah. It's really quite sad. :frown:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    New Q-Store Item: Samurai Set

• This item grows with you as you level, providing bonuses to your Primary and Secondary Superstats.
    • Set Bonuses:
      • 3 Pieces: 25% Physical Damage Strength
      • 6 Pieces: 25% Additional Physical Damage Strength, Become Samurai Costume Swap Power

Do these things make you look like a samurai?
    biffsig.jpg
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do these things make you look like a samurai?

I'm guessing the power does, otherwise it seems to act like all the other pieces like it.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nothing really interesting just more bug fixes like usual
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012

That's an understatement. Same people who check over costumes to fix obvious bugs (*cough*Ancient Armor Jacket causing giant holes in the underlying body*cough*) work on the website it seems.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    -New Alerts .. no intererst at all
    -Drifter .. never was interested in that crap at all

So again .. thanks for nothing :biggrin:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is it me, or are the devs only concentraing on alrets now. where is the new mission arcs and city zones :(
  • florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mavrycke wrote: »
    For the record, it looks like at least 3 of these weapons aren't new and can be obtained via the Melee Weapon Pack. Not to sure about the first one its got a different naming convention.

Heavy Naginata Blade Skin
    Heavy Naginata Heavy Weapon Skin
    Martial Arts Mster Broad Sword
    Wushu Medium Sword

If this is true then i am not amused, i'd have to buy the tiem just to learn i'd already unlocked it. =\

Not surprised with how fail they are at even getting a simple release notes made.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    nothing really interesting just more bug fixes like usual

I cannot find anything more interesting than bug fixes!

Woohoo!! Go Cryptic!!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited July 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    I cannot find anything more interesting than bug fixes!

Woohoo!! Go Cryptic!!

Not if it are only fixes of new alerts :rolleyes:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Not if it are only fixes of new alerts :rolleyes:

A lot of it looks like just dialogue cleanup, too. While appreciated, well... :/ Guess we just hope the next patch does better. And that we get some better patch notes.

I think these are the worst ever in terms of overall quality. Is there some kind of patchnote limbo contest we're unaware of that's responsible for the bar dropping as much as it has, or something? Yeesh.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is it me, or are the devs only concentraing on alrets now. where is the new mission arcs and city zones :(

Won't be coming until Neverwinter goes Live, if then.

Heh even these bug fixes are pretty much "low hanging fruit". :eek:

Ah that Archived Post, he's a crafty one he is....

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2100445&postcount=7

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • ramthananaxramthananax Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Agreed, and I honestly couldn't care less about alerts. Lately I tend to log in, run one or two alerts (simply because I've already done all of the "real" missions dozens of times), and then quit out of boredom. Even brand new alerts are still just a few minutes of fighting, so why should I get excited about more of them?

If I didn't have a lifetime membership, I would've quit months ago.

I'd like to think that CO will get more resources once Neverwinter goes gold, but I'm betting it won't even happen then. CO is definitely in maintenance mode- they're just giving us the bare minimum of content to keep us paying.
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Won't be coming until Neverwinter goes Live, if then.

Heh even these bug fixes are pretty much "low hanging fruit". :eek:

Ah that Archived Post, he's a crafty one he is....

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2100445&postcount=7
    Agreed, and I honestly couldn't care less about alerts. Lately I tend to log in, run one or two alerts (simply because I've already done all of the "real" missions dozens of times), and then quit out of boredom. Even brand new alerts are still just a few minutes of fighting, so why should I get excited about more of them?

If I didn't have a lifetime membership, I would've quit months ago.

I'd like to think that CO will get more resources once Neverwinter goes gold, but I'm betting it won't even happen then. CO is definitely in maintenance mode- they're just giving us the bare minimum of content to keep us paying.

IMHO, I doubt we will ever get any substantial new content, such as a new zone. They barely have enough people left on CO and once Neverwinter is released, they will be onto the next 'big' thing. As well as stripping developers from CO for other projects, they are not even replacing those that leave for other reasons.

If I wasn't a LTS, I too would no longer be paying a penny to play this game. The irony is I would happily pay good money for a major expansion.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    florghhh wrote: »
    If this is true then i am not amused, i'd have to buy the tiem just to learn i'd already unlocked it. =\

Not surprised with how fail they are at even getting a simple release notes made.

Well, in theory, the system should tell you if you already own a costume part or not, and thus not allow you to buy it.

In theory.

Sadly, this (as usual) wasn't tested on PTS, where players could have unlimited Zen to test things out (the Zen store has been shut down for like 6 months or more now there), or Drifter points to test things out to make sure it unlocks properly, or much of anything else.
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wait...so they fix something that just came out...but they can't fix "A Bullet Bound for Biselle"?
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wait...so they fix something that just came out...but they can't fix "A Bullet Bound for Biselle"?

It's easier to fix something you have just coded than something old you have to dig into again.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Besides, having played "A Bullet Bound For Biselle", I honestly don't care if it ever gets fixed. It's just a bit annoying having that pop up on my screen every time I go past City Hall.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Sad isn't it. Their priorities are so messed up.
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dialogue fixes =/= code fixes, guys.

EDIT: Only code fix I could see was just making sure a mob-group was using the right power table. :U Not exactly intensive stuff here, at all.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the worm guy is pretty buggy, he wont lose health no matter how much we attack him, or is it meant to be like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    the worm guy is pretty buggy, he wont lose health no matter how much we attack him, or is it meant to be like that

Block his life drains (he does telegraph them quite obviously) and do more DPS.

Also, don't fight him in a Burst Alert, as his native life regen skyrockets to levels where you may not be able to beat him.
  • ziploc332ziploc332 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anyone that ever had hopes for this game merely needs to compare the patch notes of CO with STO.

Perfect World took one look at CO and said "it's dead, Jim."
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    Block his life drains (he does telegraph them quite obviously) and do more DPS.

Also, don't fight him in a Burst Alert, as his native life regen skyrockets to levels where you may not be able to beat him.
    It's not native life regen, it's a proc called shadowfeast that critters with shadowform get. In the past, they've had to reduce the effect of this on critters.

It probably needs an adjustment for this guy as well.

If you check your combat log, in the Burst alert he seems to get 198000-ish health every time it procs.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ziploc332 wrote: »
    Anyone that ever had hopes for this game merely needs to compare the patch notes of CO with STO.

That type of thing gets said each year AND CO still aint dead . Gets old.

On Alert just came out a few months ago and everyones like DOOOOOOOOOOOM \o/

Shut up lotta ya doomsaying is mah job :/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    Well, in theory, the system should tell you if you already own a costume part or not, and thus not allow you to buy it.

In theory.

Sadly, this (as usual) wasn't tested on PTS, where players could have unlimited Zen to test things out (the Zen store has been shut down for like 6 months or more now there), or Drifter points to test things out to make sure it unlocks properly, or much of anything else.
    Then again, there are quite a few of us that have the necessary Drifter Salvage that can not access PTS thanks to the female bouncy bug at login. :frown:
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    That type of thing gets said each year AND CO still aint dead . Gets old.

On Alert just came out a few months ago and everyones like DOOOOOOOOOOOM \o/

Shut up lotta ya doomsaying is mah job :/

We got quick queues for easy XP that's very reminiscent of World of ********.

STO got guild bases

Dead is the wrong word, comatose on the other hand...
  • spacecatlivesspacecatlives Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ziploc332 wrote: »

Yeah, I did that today and got depressed. :frown:I have been a subscriber since beta. I deliberately did not buy a life-time sub in order to keep giving Cryptic money in the hope that the game would become all that it has the potential to be. Flying Finn said he was giving Cryptic til the end of the year. I am with him on that, although I don't know if I will wait that long. I LOVE CO, but it clearly has very low priority with PW.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I did that today and got depressed. :frown:I have been a subscriber since beta. I deliberately did not buy a life-time sub in order to keep giving Cryptic money in the hope that the game would become all that it has the potential to be. Flying Finn said he was giving Cryptic til the end of the year. I am with him on that, although I don't know if I will wait that long. I LOVE CO, but it clearly has very low priority with PW.

Heck, just seeing all the dev responses STO gets depresses me enough. Can't even get myself to read the release notes...

:frown:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
    edited July 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    Heck, just seeing all the dev responses STO gets depresses me enough. Can't even get myself to read the release notes...

:frown:

Looking in our Dev Tracker says all .. 7 posts total since we have this forum, and 2 of them
    are from a STO CM .. so it seems there is just ONE Dev left for CO :frown:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *Facepalms reading this and closes forums* With the foundery bugged in sto right now and them begging the devs fixing that they break it even worse sto is more buggy then co is you think they are better off? Yeah no they break things quickly in sto more then in co sometimes. So yeah i don't even post in the forums there....
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What's in the Chancebox?
    edited July 2012
    *Facepalms reading this and closes forums* With the foundery bugged in sto right now and them begging the devs fixing that they break it even worse sto is more buggy then co is you think they are better off? Yeah no they break things quickly in sto more then in co sometimes. So yeah i don't even post in the forums there....

I would take a buggy foundry and working guild bases over a 1K VIP travel power and content-killing Alerts any day.
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So the first addition to costume unlocks in the Q store, and it's just old pieces from a set you can buy for Zen anyway? Talk about laziness. Where is the archer set? or the wizard set?

And yeah, if I wasn't lifetime I probably wouldn't be playing this game. Granted I only really play it for the character creator anyway. And there really aren't any other MMOs that appeal to me right now.

EDIT: Didn't read the news post correctly. So it's just another BOP set that levels up and has a transformation...like anybody asked for these transformations.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • koblovenekoblovene Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seriously. As much as I love this game I have to say it really feels like we're on autopilot.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    koblovene wrote: »
    Seriously. As much as I love this game I have to say it really feels like we're on autopilot.

And that this Autopilot is Wheatley. :rolleyes: