test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance: July 19, 7 AM - 9 AM

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2012 in Super News Network
Heroes take notice,

We will be bringing down Champs Online tomorrow, Thursday July 19th, at 7AM PDT for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours.

Let us know what you think of the new Q-Store items and Daily Mission!

- The Champions Online team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm just wondering why Madam Mayhem has a Fed Runabout with a Duplicate Phaser Array in the first place.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, we know where the weapon skins are going now.

Can't say I really like the idea of digging for salvage though...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • smuggl3rsmuggl3r Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why Madam Mayhem has a Fed Runabout with a Duplicate Phaser Array in the first place.
    \

Cuz she can ?
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, we know where the weapon skins are going now.

Can't say I really like the idea of digging for salvage though...

Likewise. If only the average of Drifter Salvage per mission was anything higher than like less than 2, I'd actually buy the things from the C-Store. Or maybe if there was some way to 'merge' Drifter tokens across the account.

Also, because it's going to get nuked quickly enough:
    Madam Mayhem:

Updated robot minions' dialogue
    Updated Madam Mayhem's dialogue
    Removed Duplicate Phaser Array from Fed Runabout Carrier Pet.

So, does the same person who looks over the costume sets before they're released also do the website updates?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    - The Champions Online team

You mean there's still a 'team'? Like in baseball?

Bear in mind, baseball needs at least nine players...

So, could the CO 'team' play baseball?

Just wonderin'...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy Juluy

You could at least pretend you care, devs!

Also what does a Harmon Chancebox contain? More reasons for gold to unsuscribe? Perphaps Power Hue Colour change? Or maybe G limit cap removal?

Really weak indeed, so you are gonna just fix immediate recent bugs, and brush the ones that have been marinating on their own juice under the rug?

DARKNESS/DUAL BLADE NEMS! OPEN MISSIONS! COSTUMES! No? None of them?
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Juluy? Seriously?

Excellent. Let me know where that month falls on the calendar.
    10dsf81.png
  • florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cynicool wrote: »
    Juluy? Seriously?

Excellent. Let me know where that month falls on the calendar.

Did you know, there was originaly 10 months in a year, but Augustus and Julius Caesar shoved a month in between and named it after themselves because they wanted more attention?

Maybe Cryptic's only doing the same thing? Let them try!

My only hope is, that i'll be able ot get enough drifter salvage for everything. If the drifter salvage payout is exactly like the previous ones, i'm not spending on money on it, because just to get the 40 salvage items would be $40, since i only ever got 1 salvage a box =\
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "Collect and turn in the artifacts to The Drifter and you will be rewarded with a Harmon Chancebox."

Do we need to buy keys to unlock the chancebox?

Just wonderin'...

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    smuggl3r wrote: »
    Cuz she can ?

Madam Mayhem does not simply wreak mayhem with just a Phaser Array, but with a duplicate Phaser Array. :biggrin:
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "Collect and turn in the artifacts to The Drifter and you will be rewarded with a Harmon Chancebox."

Do we need to buy keys to unlock the chancebox?

Just wonderin'...

Lolololol yeh.. this thing had a lot of typos. What are the chances of confusing a grab bag with a chancebox? =p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Those weaponskin blade names, like same stuff from the Melee Weapon Set?
    It can't be.
    And i guess the old stuff from D-store is going to be removed.

And since Madame Mayhem uses Federation Runabout vehicle, does this mean we will be getting Federation Starships?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maintenance inbound, brace for impact!
    Stormshade wrote:
    Let's keep the discussion focus on Champs, and what is happening in and around the world of Champions Online please.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Easier said than done...
    Even for the Dev team...
    *snorts*

"Charity begins at home and justice begins next door"

• beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nothing to see here .. move further :frown:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • supercollider75supercollider75 Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh dear, I know I typefail like crazy in chat but these schoolboy errors make me look good.
    New Q-Store Item: Samurai Set
    This item grows with you as you level, providing bonuses to your Primary and Secondary Superstats.<br><br>

Mission Changes:
    Madam Mayhem:

The Madstone:
    Updated robot minions' dialogue
    Updated Madam Mayhem's dialogue

Devana Hawke:
    Added more henchmen names(so that they lo longer share names between mission ranks)
    The f*** is Fed Runabout Carrier Pet? Should this be removed entirely since it shouldn't exist in this game?
    edited July 2012
    The f*** is Fed Runabout Carrier Pet? Should this be removed entirely since it shouldn't exist in this game?

It's an STO thing. Trailturtle likes copy/paste because it means s/he/it has more time to not give a ****.
    10dsf81.png
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is what you get with a lower production budget and smaller team.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is what you get with a lower production budget and smaller team.

Then we need more Class B movies costumes and the moon. :cool:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why is there STO information on CO patch notes,like the Fed runabout thing and phaser array
  • mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    because we have lazy devs who copy and paste patch notes from other games. Can't wait for the neverwinter ones!!
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would be nice to have some screenies of the new weapons. When can we expect those?
  • crpticfrostcrpticfrost Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My server is still down and its 10 52 AM
    WHAT UP WITH THAT!
    edited July 2012
    Then again, in the comics not long ago there was a crossover miniseries between the Legion of Superheroes and ST:TNG; maybe they're hinting at a mission that crosses over between CO and STO? :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would be nice to have some screenies of the new weapons. When can we expect those?

They most likely aren't new weapons, but the weapons from the melee pack. They have the same name.
  • arkillion11arkillion11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why the server still down att 11h25???
  • silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Um, why's everying going nuts?

There's still about 20 minutes of maintenance. O.o
  • mrbeatzeromrbeatzero Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10293911.jpg

But besides the point Juluy? really cryptic.
  • stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    silviumc wrote: »

The patch is done though, I have it installed and everything. Unless there was a last minute superbug spotted I would think the server would be back up already.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • as33onas33on Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    silviumc wrote: »

Isn't it obvious? Timezones are crazy hard for some people.
  • prunellageeprunellagee Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Server is up on time.

"Stop worrying. No one gets out of this world alive."
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    Why is there STO information on CO patch notes,like the Fed runabout thing and phaser array

Heh heh heh. You guys missed the other one.

"Maintenance incoming, brace for impact!"

Brace for Impact is one of the STO powers. :biggrin:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    edited July 2012
    It's also something that calls to mind what Dr. Destroyer was trying to do that led up to the Battle for Detroit...

• helosie1helosie1 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Didn't know it was Juluy.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Then again, in the comics not long ago there was a crossover miniseries between the Legion of Superheroes and ST:TNG; maybe they're hinting at a mission that crosses over between CO and STO? :wink:

I REALLY hope STO doesn't mix with CO.I don't want to see fed ships flying over MC.
    edited July 2012
    Soo... this is list of what needed to be fixed in CO:

- Nemesis: Dual Blade/Darkness dissapearing.
    - Nemesis: Prison Break/Museum mission/Bunker Busted bugged
    - Alerts: Ao'qephoth's regeneration
    - Open Missions: Reign of Frog/Bullet Bound for Biselle
    - Costumes: 4th colour slot not displaying preview/ Left and Right options displaying wrong previes/Costumes not unlocking for all characters
    - Powers: Unbreakable getting removed if damage was greater than absorbtion/Enemies Enraged lacking Giant Growth advantage/Knocks getting you stuck if you were using a mantain power
    - THIS thread's title

After a lot of pondering, Cryptic and PWE devs decided to fix one and only one of these problems. Care to guess which one?
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Soo... this is list of what needed to be fixed in CO:

- Nemesis: Dual Blade/Darkness dissapearing.
    - Alerts: Ao'qephoth's regeneration

The regeneration of Darkness Nemeses in Alerts is also much to high. The bug is the
    only thing at the moment that Smashes against Darkness Nemeses doesn't fail all the time.

Also i've not run into a group till now that was able to beat a PFF Nemesis. The best was
    down to maybe 40% .. the worst was maybe still on 95%.
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited July 2012
    And of course, lezard, it takes exactly the same amount of effort to recode large segments of the game, and to change a typo in a single text line...

• originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I think the Q-Store items are rubbish. Hey, you asked..
    edited July 2012
    And of course, lezard, it takes exactly the same amount of effort to recode large segments of the game, and to change a typo in a single text line...

You do realize that at least the Bullet Bound for Biselle mission can be easily fixed by completely removing the extra Osprey that serve no purpose other than getting stuck on Viper X's Osprey and bugging the mission? And that said removal equals completely removing a section of the code with no need to recode?

And if the devs could take the time to edit a grammar mistake, that implys they actually read the posts on the forum, and have no excuse to no answering the questions/demands made by its playerbase other than "F*** you, that is why"

Plus my previous post was 98% made of sarcasm. Learn the difference.
  • solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lezard21 wrote: »
    And if the devs could take the time to edit a grammar mistake, that implys they actually read the posts on the forum, and have no excuse to no answering the questions/demands made by its playerbase other than "F*** you, that is why"

I think assuming that no answer regarding the mission is an "F" insult is quite a stretch. I highly doubt the Devs wake up each day and want to intentionally leave it that way just as a jab at the players.

Chances are there's a very mundane reason it hasn't been fixed yet.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I think, as usual, the Q-store items are far over-priced and the daily missions are boring grinds. I think that you should make unique costume pieces the object of the daily missions and you need to have sets cost as much as any two pieces from the set.
  • elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Let me check if I'm understanding the new stuff in the drifter store. It appears to be the same as the weapons I already have from purchasing the melee weapons pack? Or dare I hope that someone looked up the definition of a naginata and gave us a real polearm?
  • avnasishtaravnasishtar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's just another example of C-store stuff being available to non-paying players. So yes it is exactly the same.

Formerly Holgast.
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, since they asked:

Drifter's stuff is a waste of my time/money, since I already own those pieces from buying the weapon pack.

If you want my money, or you want me to do the ridiculously ponderous drifter quests, you need to put things on him that I actually want and are kind of a pain to get a hold of otherwise.

The Mechassassin parts? Good idea. Weapon pack parts? I can buy the weapon pack for less Zen than it would take to buy the drifter bags to get the salvage to buy the pieces individually.

Or did you think we wouldn't notice? Probably. It's becoming clearer that you think we're all idiots.
    10dsf81.png
    edited July 2012
    Hey, if you don't want the Drifter crap (and for the most part, I don't), you can always take the 500Q - it's not like this Daily takes very long...