test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this a private server for CO???

klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
It's been a year and a half since I joined.

I love this game with a passion, fell in love with the character creator, my hubby gave me an LTS as an anniversary gift, we both are huge fans of Champions Online. But today I noticed something that bothers me to no end.

The Bugs.

Now, every game has quirks, features, buggies and stuff, but sometimes this game feels like a private version of CO instead of the Official one.

Some missions, open missions, costumes, powers, unlocks, are either bugged, removed or unavailable to obtain. What are you guys waiting to fix this? Isn't this the core of the game? The reason why we play?

Cryptic is a Game Studio. Is not a guy with a couple of friends running an emulator, depending on the developers of the code to fix their systems. They own and made the game. Why aren't they fixing it?

It really feels a shoddy server, trying to emulate CO.

I really hope I'm wrong and that these issues will be solved soon. :cool:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
Post edited by klitty on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Game has been on lifesupport a long time. They just use it for organharvesting for Neverwinter.
    There's no Cryptic anymore. There's only PWE. And Zuul.
    The janitor and cafeteria lady are trying their best to fix the bugs. Currently they got the toilets working and the coffeemachine washed.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    youganyougan Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cryptic is still here, the game would've go F2P if PWE took over completely.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Game went F2P before PWE took over.
  • Options
    haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Assuming the devs take pride in their work (an assumption I'm going to make), they'd like to squash those bugs. Since bugs aren't being squashed much, if at all, I'll guess that management has decided the sparse dev resources assigned to CO should work only on those things that will feed into the money drip. That would mean that bug mashing is way down on the priority list.

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • Options
    polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This thread was started by Cryptic on the PTS forums section, which I think everyone has access to now, to list your top two bugs. Unfortunately most people took it as an opportunity to complain about costume clipping and features they want.
    My biggest issue is the Energy Builder turning off everytime I zone even though I have it set to never cancel.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Game has been on lifesupport a long time. They just use it for organharvesting for Neverwinter.
    The janitor and cafeteria lady are trying their best to fix the bugs. Currently they got the toilets working and the coffeemachine washed.

This analogy! I bow to you good sir/lady!

And just the other day I was mentioning the same thing as OP to my SG friends. I have played several official server games. I have played several private server games. CO right now is closer to being a private server. So fix some stuff devs, maybe?

Amongst some of the most important one:

Open Missions

Reign of Frogs/Bullet Bound for Biselle Open Mission have been bugged for ages.

The latter one can be easily fixed by removing the 2 extra Ospreys (there only for aesthethics since they do nothing) in which the Osprey carrying Viper X gets stuck. If Bullet Bound for Biselle hasn't been fixed yet is proof enough that devs are lazy/don't care about this game anymore.

Regular Quests

Foxbat getting stuck and rendering mission impossible to complete in Destroyer Factory

Lemuria mission Divers in Danger's dieing as soon as server goes up and not respawning rendering mission impossible to complete.

Nemesis

Darkness/Dual Sword Nems dissapearing. Suiciding Minions. Bunker Buster. Museum. Prison Break. FIX THEM ALL!

Alerts

New Alerts being buggy/lacking description/lacking portraits/being overpowered

Costumes

Costumes options not displaying preview of changes (4th colour slot/left-right costumes)/Costumes unlocking for only one character.

Powers

Unbreakable wearing off as soon as an attack does more damage than max absorption. Also, not scaling up during burst like other powers/shields do.

Knocks get you stuck while holding a mantain.

Smokenade still effective against Legendaries/Cosmic despite what Patch Notes stated.

L?ke WOW! I thought the game had a lot of bugs but listing them now I never thought there were so many.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...There's no Cryptic anymore.
    There's only PWE...
    ...And Zuul...
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012

So is Zuul the janitor or the cafeteria lady?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Janitor is the Key Master and Coffee lady is Zuul the Gate Keeper.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The updates and quality put into CO lately reminds me of the quality and time put into Minecraft.
  • Options
    florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The updates and quality put into CO lately reminds me of the quality and time put into Minecraft.

Except, minecraft is actually getting updates. So i don't see how you could compare them to be the same
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My point is CO needs more effort and man power put into it. When an indy game is doing ridiculously better there's a problem.
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have only one thing to say in this post.................................

DOOOOOM!!!!
    edited July 2012
    I don't think it's a private server no, but I can certainly see why you would feel that way.

<snip> (my original post was so long and getting off-topic so I'm going to make it a new topic instead)
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah...coming back to the game after a year+ break and finding that something like "A Bullet Bound for Biselle" has been bugged for so long is absurd to say the least.

A bug like this shows that they really do not care that much about this game at this point in time.

Although this mission is not needed at all to have "fun" and continue your way to 40...it has always been one of my favorites.

Also...all the various bugged cutscenes...enough said.

With that said...I'm still having fun with the game.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This thread was started by Cryptic on the PTS forums section, which I think everyone has access to now, to list your top two bugs. Unfortunately most people took it as an opportunity to complain about costume clipping and features they want.
    My biggest issue is the Energy Builder turning off everytime I zone even though I have it set to never cancel.

please visit the linked thread, as provided by the quoted post, rather than rambling on in the forums, you may see the bugs youve encountered have already been reported
  • Options
    rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    So is Zuul the janitor or the cafeteria lady?

Given the propensity to drool on whatever happens to be close by... I'd say, probably, the cafeteria lady.

"I'll take some of that blue stuff and a bit of the turd-brown meat."
    "The blue stuff is the meat, the turd-brown stuff is creamed corn."

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    darknoxxdarknoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

^ Quoted for truth