test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Meet Britannia!

themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Costumes and Concepts
Hiya folks!

So I've never played a tank before and I also really wanted to use the heavy weapon sceptre from the Fantasy costume set as it is a really nice looking weapon.

I also wanted to create a really iconic, patriotic British superhero. So without further ado, let me introduce Britannia! Constructive comments always welcome :smile:

There are a few images of her on the following link http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/theblackmantis/
zrdRBy8.png
Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hahah great costume design, definitely the brit inspiration made me smirk. Really there isn't much there I can add, except, good job.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ohhhh, nice design, like it. The large scepter kinda makes me think that one of the british royalties became a super hero. THough I dont think anyone would want to be smacked with that thing XD
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like it. It's a good design.
  • amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cool costume, I caught it myself earlier today: http://i.imgur.com/rsTuE.jpg

I have a somewhat patriotic British heroine too, though she doesn't get played a lot: http://i.imgur.com/QbEgr.jpg
  • goodwilloutgoodwillout Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks folks, I'm feeling the love in the room :smile:

Cascadence, thanks. I gotta say I absolutely love your banner with all your heroes on it. It's really well done and they're a good looking bunch.

So, Amosov78 ,you've been stalking Britannia in game huh ;-P. I like the look of your British heroine. Kinda like a female version of Hero 1 from CoH.

And, last but not least, Goodwillout. Thanks man. I've already told you how much I like your British toon. Before my forum name was changed (thanks PWE :mad:) I was milleniumguardian. My main toon is Swashbuckler, I think you posted in one of my earlier threads.

I suppose I better go and make some alternative costumes for her.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I suppose I better go and make some alternative costumes for her.

One must dress for the occasion. Something formal for meeting the Royals. Something armoured for fighting giant robots, and that pesky dragon, Injustice.
  • tharkantharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    She really does look like a British super hero, like a female Captain Britain with a bit of a medieval knight thrown in, and for some reason I am seeing some Captain America.

The shield is also a nice touch, but the thing on top, what is it? It definitely fits the overall aesthetic and doesn't look out of place, but what is it, some sort of Spartan helmet decoration?
  • seraphygoodnessseraphygoodness Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes, its a Spartan Crest, for this reason: (Google images) - same goes for the shield.

It's a pity there isn't a HW trident drop in lemuria somewhere.

I love what you've got going on there Zenith, one might say that your character Rules

I may have to go and whip up a patriotic tights-wearing British toon myself.

Formerly @SeraphyG
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Mm, I like the top half of the design, but the bottom half doesn't work for me. A medium or long skirt would look better IMO. And I think the chest emblem would be better removed and put on the cape or a pauldron.
    edited July 2012
    Yes, its a Spartan Crest, for this reason: (Google images) - same goes for the shield.

It's a pity there isn't a HW trident drop in lemuria somewhere.

I love what you've got going on there Zenith, one might say that your character Rules

I may have to go and whip up a patriotic tights-wearing British toon myself.

Yeah, a trident would have been excellent, alas. I actually played a character called Britannia in a British campaign of the PnP game years ago.

She had a trident which allowed her to fly much like the Jack Knight Starman did with his cosmic staff. Each of the prongs of the trident was also a missile, and once the missiles were all used it would deliver a nasty electrical shock in combat.

She was more of a Captain America type with a Union Jack chainmail suit and martial arts rather than the powerhouse my more recent Britannia is. She was really fun to play :biggrin:

If you get round to creating that British, tights-wearing hero, post it here. I'd love to see it.

Edit- I've created a couple more costumes for her. As well as the traditional one from earlier, I've added a more classic tights version and an armoured version. Here's the link http://photobucket.com/champions-britannia
    zrdRBy8.png
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Very nice job, I like her a lot. I too had a character in PnP Champions called Britannia, who was part of the Brit Pack, my official UK supergroup. My take was a PA suit with a trident that produced sonic attacks at range and taser like attacks in melee. Her shield was a shaped sonic field that repelled attacks. I tried making her in game, but couldn't find a group of powers I was happy with and kept hoping for a trident to be made available. Here is how she used to look in PnP. I much prefer yours :)

I also tried making some of the other members, one of which is Albion who I still play. The original look was this. I have made but deleted, Sidhe, The Laird and Welsh Dragon, who represent all the countries in the UK. Note I used the earlier St Davids flag, a yellow cross on a black background for the inspiration of Welsh Dragon's costume. I even made Albion's original nemesis in CO, British Bulldog, but as an anti-hero as he was originally in the game.

We should start a thread of all the British heroes in game as I have seen many good ones. :)
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey I did an alert with you today. You might have seen my lying on the floor a bit. :D
    biffsig.jpg
    edited July 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    Very nice job, I like her a lot. I too had a character in PnP Champions called Britannia, who was part of the Brit Pack, my official UK supergroup. My take was a PA suit with a trident that produced sonic attacks at range and taser like attacks in melee. Her shield was a shaped sonic field that repelled attacks. I tried making her in game, but couldn't find a group of powers I was happy with and kept hoping for a trident to be made available. Here is how she used to look in PnP. I much prefer yours :)

I also tried making some of the other members, one of which is Albion who I still play. The original look was this. I have made but deleted, Sidhe, The Laird and Welsh Dragon, who represent all the countries in the UK. Note I used the earlier St Davids flag, a yellow cross on a black background for the inspiration of Welsh Dragon's costume. I even made Albion's original nemesis in CO, British Bulldog, but as an anti-hero as he was originally in the game.

We should start a thread of all the British heroes in game as I have seen many good ones. :)

I like your Britannia a lot, but I absolutely love your Albion. He's brilliant! I'm up for a British heroes thread. Why don't you start one and we can all join in?

By the way, I totally changed her armoured costume. Here's the link again: http://photobucket.com/champions-britannia
    zrdRBy8.png
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Best British-themed hero I've seen yet! Nice deign!
    I like your Britannia a lot, but I absolutely love your Albion. He's brilliant! I'm up for a British heroes thread. Why don't you start one and we can all join in?

By the way, I totally changed her armoured costume. Here's the link again: http://photobucket.com/champions-britannia

I really like the alts, my only reservation is the leg accessories on the first and second one, as they seem at odds with the more modern boots. I still think she is awesome and it has encouraged me to redo my Britannia.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    I really like the alts, my only reservation is the leg accessories on the first and second one, as they seem at odds with the more modern boots. I still think she is awesome and it has encouraged me to redo my Britannia.

You're right about the leg accessories, that was my concern as well.. There seems to be a lack of varied leg accessory armour. I'm still tweaking the looks a little so I'll see what I can do about that.

Edit: Fixed it somewhat and changed other things a little http://photobucket.com/champions-britannia

Looking forward to seeing your Britannia and any other British Super-heroes that folks have.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • seraphygoodnessseraphygoodness Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, well heres a starter (since this thread has had me thinking up super-brits left and right)

Presenting: Morrisman!

"Tell you what, he's bloody quiet for a guy with bells tied to him... one moment, you're on yer tod, and then Bam! he's right behind you, makin' one of his wisecracks. Last time, I nearly dropped my cuppa." - Brigadier Hardcastle, on Morrisman.

Morrisman is the prankster of the team, taking after the old english tradition of Morrismen and Mummers that inspire his costume, and, erm... Unique... fighting style. He teaches humility and wisdom through anarchic 'practical jokes' and loves nothing more than publicly humiliating a villain to make a point. He's also the team's 'secret weapon' as most villains underestimate the loudly dressed, prancing, skipping nutcase.
    At least until they are on the recieving end of a beating from his batons, or one of his seemingly endless supply of bizarre gag gadgets.

Powerset: Batons (Dual blades), Gadgets, Razor Wit*

*Well, He says it's razor wit. Most people on the receiving end say its 'terrible puns' or 'jokes older than dirt'

Favourite Drink: Real Ale.

Formerly @SeraphyG
  • unkomanplusunkomanplus Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The leg accessories look cool to me, I think you just need to change the boots. Try something more knight-ish. Maybe that ancient rune armour, if you have it?

In any case, it would look a bit less weird if the outline colour was gold, to match the leg armour, I think. Same with the one bracer, and maybe the main body as well. It'd tie it all together more. (Or the reverse and replace the leg armour with white, but I think the gold's a good look.)

Also, have you tried solid white eyes on the main look. Might just be my style. I really dig that one though. The little skirt cape makes her unique and regal looking. The white hair/goggles one is pretty awesome, too. Gives off a younger generation hero vibe.
    edited July 2012
    Ok, well heres a starter (since this thread has had me thinking up super-brits left and right)

"Tell you what, he's bloody quiet for a guy with bells tied to him... one moment, you're on yer tod, and then Bam! he's right behind you, makin' one of his wisecracks. Last time, I nearly dropped my cuppa." - Brigadier Hardcastle, on Morrisman.

Morrisman is the prankster of the team, taking after the old english tradition of Morrismen and Mummers that inspire his costume, and, erm... Unique... fighting style. He teaches humility and wisdom through anarchic 'practical jokes' and loves nothing more than publicly humiliating a villain to make a point. He's also the team's 'secret weapon' as most villains underestimate the loudly dressed, prancing, skipping nutcase.
    At least until they are on the recieving end of a beating from his batons, or one of his seemingly endless supply of bizarre gag gadgets.

*Well, He says it's razor wit. Most people on the receiving end say its 'terrible puns' or 'jokes older than dirt'

I can't believe you made a morris-dancer superhero. excellent! I also like how you made him the trickster of the group. Is his catchphrase "With a hey nonny, nonny and a nonny, nonny hey!"?:biggrin:

I'm happy that this thread has also inspired folks to unearth their UK heroes and make new ones.

We should totally make a supergroup for all these guys.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2012
    The leg accessories look cool to me, I think you just need to change the boots. Try something more knight-ish. Maybe that ancient rune armour, if you have it?

In any case, it would look a bit less weird if the outline colour was gold, to match the leg armour, I think. Same with the one bracer, and maybe the main body as well. It'd tie it all together more. (Or the reverse and replace the leg armour with white, but I think the gold's a good look.)

Also, have you tried solid white eyes on the main look. Might just be my style. I really dig that one though. The little skirt cape makes her unique and regal looking. The white hair/goggles one is pretty awesome, too. Gives off a younger generation hero vibe.

Thanks for the advice unkomanplus. I was staying away from the rune armour because I didn't like how it looked. However, I've bought costume sets I haven't liked before that have ended up being really handy for accoutrements. So I just bought it and I'll have a go at your suggestion.

I originally had solid eyes on my regal looking costume so, on your advice, I'll go back I think.

Thanks for the advice and comments from everyone by the way, and keep the Brit heroes coming!:biggrin:
    zrdRBy8.png
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You're right about the leg accessories, that was my concern as well.. There seems to be a lack of varied leg accessory armour. I'm still tweaking the looks a little so I'll see what I can do about that.

Edit: Fixed it somewhat and changed other things a little http://photobucket.com/champions-britannia

Looking forward to seeing your Britannia and any other British Super-heroes that folks have.

I prefer this version much more. The thigh guards reflect the chevrons on the boot s much better.

Simply awesome. It reminds me of a nemesis I made who was inspired by the villains in the film 'A Clockwork Orange'. I would never have thought of making a superhero based on a Morris dancer, a villain maybe, but never a hero, those bells are so bloody annoying ;)
  • cyberruckcyberruck Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    great job!
    I love the shield btw.
    edited July 2012
    cyberruck wrote: »
    great job!
    I love the shield btw.

Thanks man.

Here she is http://photobucket.com/champions-britannia
    zrdRBy8.png